Check your emails - did you get a pin?

I got a pin, too, but when I clicked on it and entered our last name and zip code it said that was the wrong information. I wanted to see if Wilderness Lodge was included in the 30% discount.

We just checked out yesterday so maybe I'll try it again later. Disney IT has been very slow lately.

Have you ever traveled with anyone else? We went with my DD & her then spouse in 2010. I started getting PIN codes to my email for her after that. They came In her married last name with her zip code but my email. She moved after her divorce & they even came linked with her new address. Many people have had the same problem. Disney generally doesn’t let you use the code & they can’t even “unlink” the person from your email.

:teeth: I received a pin code today. Saved over $500 on my reservation at Caribbean Beach Resort. First time I had a pin code and a trip already planned. :cloud9:

Have you ever traveled with anyone else? We went with my DD & her then spouse in 2010. I started getting PIN codes to my email for her after that. They came In her married last name with her zip code but my email. She moved after her divorce & they even came linked with her new address. Many people have had the same problem. Disney generally doesn’t let you use the code & they can’t even “unlink” the person from your email.

I have had a very similar problem. The pin codes sent to my email address have my maiden name (my Mom's last name - so not sure if its for her or me), my sister's Postal code (Zip equivalent in Canada) and most of an old mailing address that doesn't exist since Canada Post changed their mailing address system from PO Boxes to street numbers! It took a while for me to figure out why it kept saying that I had the wrong information! And the CM's on the phone wouldn't help me. I just kept guessing parts over the years until I figured it out. There were a lot of pins sent to me that I couldn't use because the information is all wrong. It was so frustrating! Now I just accept that any pin codes that they send to me are useless!

Actually, now that I think about it, I haven't gotten a PIN in ages.

And you are right - Disney won't let you use the PIN, because your name and address doesn't match the mashed up version that they have and won't/can't fix.

I did! I’ve been trying to convince my mom to take a mother daughter trip for years, so this is my excuse to try again!

I have had a very similar problem. The pin codes sent to my email address have my maiden name (my Mom's last name - so not sure if its for her or me), my sister's Postal code (Zip equivalent in Canada) and most of an old mailing address that doesn't exist since Canada Post changed their mailing address system from PO Boxes to street numbers! It took a while for me to figure out why it kept saying that I had the wrong information! And the CM's on the phone wouldn't help me. I just kept guessing parts over the years until I figured it out. There were a lot of pins sent to me that I couldn't use because the information is all wrong. It was so frustrating! Now I just accept that any pin codes that they send to me are useless!

Actually, now that I think about it, I haven't gotten a PIN in ages.

And you are right - Disney won't let you use the PIN, because your name and address doesn't match the mashed up version that they have and won't/can't fix.
If you go to MDE, then Account, then Communication Preference, you'll see a hyperlinked "Privacy Choices website" under "Marketing Messages". Click on that. Then within that website, you'll see a "My Account" button on the top right. Click that to update your personal & contact info.

I got a pin! I am planning a trip for June 2020 with my kids and both sets of grandparents. Does anyone know if it's possible to use the pin to book multiple rooms?

I didn't, and never have. Although it probably wouldn't have worked out for me that time frame anyway, but would be nice to get one some day. Would love to know who they choose to send them to.

For the 1st time in 13 years I got a pin that offer for next year. My only problem? We are not going on trip #6 until 2021.

I got one yesterday! I think I got it because I am tagging along with my husband for a convention in Orlando in June. I had played around on the site with the dates and ultimately decided offsite was cheaper, and I didn't book. The PIN code brought the cost more in line with offsite options. We're staying at CBR, the only moderate we have yet to try. I figured it would be a good option for me, if I'm exploring parks on my own or just lying by the pool.

Now I feel left out, although we're not going until July. So maybe they'll be desperate to fill rooms in the summer as well.

Now I feel left out, although we're not going until July. So maybe they'll be desperate to fill rooms in the summer as well.

Is that why they are doing this? I would think it's too early to tell if bookings are down for next spring! :)

I was following along yesterday wishing we had gotten a pin code email and my husband called me from work today and said he got the email this morning. So we are now booked for May at Boardwalk and got the 30% off. The last two trips we were at GF, and even though we love it we wanted to try something new. Excited to be able to walk, skyliner or boat to 2 parks.

this is so weird..... after not getting emails for like 7 years now, we got another email today. So for anyone going Jan - April, this is out there so you may want to call.... it looks like the offer is out on Disney's site now and not just a unique offer code.....

I got one too. First time!! Yay! Unfortunately, we were already booked at the Beach Club Villas and they could appt to that and have nothing else available there. I also called for the offer announced last week. Nothing. So frustrating as the Beach Club never seems to have any availability for any offer. I called first thing when announced. Anyhow, I made a reservation at the new Riveria, but not sure that is the right place for us. I like to be able to walk to a couple of the parks, but maybe the savings will make it worthwhile.

My son got one in the mail today. He doesn’t have any emails attached to Disney. I do all his bookings.

He had an AP that expired and we didn’t renew. Maybe that’s why HE got one and the 3 of us with one did not.

I didnt find anything useful. Prices were so much higher for Memorial weekend vs last year.

Sad :(

I got one today in the mail also. Won't be using it. I am sure it is non-transferrable, or I would offer it up here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter