Checking in through the app (or maybe email?)

disny_luvr

DIS Veteran
I’ve seen it mentioned to check in before you arrive either through the app or once you receive an email. Obviously, I’m not exactly sure how this works? Will I receive an email or something the day before we are to check in? We arrive next Saturday, but we’ll be at Disney before then so I want to make sure I know what I’m looking for and when to look for it in regards to checking in.

Thanks!

We were there in November 2021 for 2 nights before a Disney trip and did not check in beforehand. We arrived at Portofino and it was so easy just went to the front desk and got our room key which is also the express pass and then went to another desk I forget the name of it and and got our tickets.

Advance check-in is an option, but we have never done that. The reason I prefer to go in person is because I usually have a specific room request and so I have the best chance of getting that request (or close to it) by going in person to check in. Even though they won't disclose the exact room number at the front desk if the room's not ready, they often help to get the room we requested or one nearby by calling housekeeping to see what can be done (if it wasn't already done). We have the best success with our requests this way.

Last edited:
The universal hotels are run by Lowes. They aren’t integrated w Universal App like Disney hotels. You might get an email beforehand to do online check in but you still need to go to front desk even if you did online check in to get your room key cards. If you’re at the premier level hotels,the room key cards are also your express pass.

For our last stay a couple weeks back, we had 1 night at Aventura, and 1 night at Royal Pacific. I got emails for each to checkin online. at least the day before. I used online check in for both. You still have to go to the front desk though to get your room keys. THere is a separate line for online checkin. No idea at all if it saves time to check in online, as both times, the check in desks were completely empty when we walked up. But maybe it speeds up something in the system. Also utilized the email option to check out at Aventura, and the tv option at RP.

We always use the online check in if possible.
It can save time depending how long the regular line is. A few years ago we got to CB on a saturday afternoon and the regular check in was about a mile long and the online was about 10 people. Other times getting to PB or RP early and/or on weekdays it wasn't needed.
You still need to go to the check in desk but it is a separate line and you can make room requests at that time as well

For our last stay a couple weeks back, we had 1 night at Aventura, and 1 night at Royal Pacific. I got emails for each to checkin online. at least the day before. I used online check in for both. You still have to go to the front desk though to get your room keys. THere is a separate line for online checkin. No idea at all if it saves time to check in online, as both times, the check in desks were completely empty when we walked up. But maybe it speeds up something in the system. Also utilized the email option to check out at Aventura, and the tv option at RP.
I have a ghost room booked at Royal Pacific for one night. Will I receive an email to check out? That would be easier than physically walking over to check out.

We always use the online check in if possible.
It can save time depending how long the regular line is. A few years ago we got to CB on a saturday afternoon and the regular check in was about a mile long and the online was about 10 people. Other times getting to PB or RP early and/or on weekdays it wasn't needed.
You still need to go to the check in desk but it is a separate line and you can make room requests at that time as well
We check in next Saturday. We’ll be coming from Disney so I’m not sure what time we’ll get there, but I know it won’t be before noon. I’m worried about the line to check in at Sapphire Falls. If I can checkin online and still make requests once we arrive at the hotel, I think I’ll do that.

We check in next Saturday. We’ll be coming from Disney so I’m not sure what time we’ll get there, but I know it won’t be before noon. I’m worried about the line to check in at Sapphire Falls. If I can checkin online and still make requests once we arrive at the hotel, I think I’ll do that.
I think its better to have it and not need it and it just takes a few minutes to fill out and enter you CC info.
You can email your room requests directly to the hotel I think the email address is on the first page of the hotel sticky
Others have recommended to do this anytime before your stay preferably more than 3 days in advance

I think its better to have it and not need it and it just takes a few minutes to fill out and enter you CC info.
You can email your room requests directly to the hotel I think the email address is on the first page of the hotel sticky
Others have recommended to do this anytime before your stay preferably more than 3 days in advance
I had my TA make requests already. Do you think I should still send an email? We have a lagoon view room booked and my requests are tower 3, higher floor, so pretty basic.

I had my TA make requests already. Do you think I should still send an email? We have a lagoon view room booked and my requests are tower 3, higher floor, so pretty basic.
have never booked thru TA so not sure but I guess an email can't hurt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter