Cheese Soup

wdwcustar

Cedar Point Freek Extraordinaire... WDW Freek-In-T
Hey folks!
Is the Cheese soup at Le Cellier at all comparable to Campbell's Cheddar Cheese soup? I have never had cheese soup and I would like to try it before committing to a PS at Le Cellier... If I tried Campbell's, would I be in for a comparable experience at Le Cellier?

Thanks and Happy New Year!
Jeff Walker

Originally posted by wdwcustar
Hey folks!
If I tried Campbell's, would I be in for a comparable experience at Le Cellier?

Thanks and Happy New Year!
Jeff Walker

Unfortunately, yes. :p

My experience with the Cheese Soup in Canada has been at the Food and Wine festivals, and it is DELICIOUS...very cheddary with minced veggies in it...I buy two servings (fairly small) at a time. Granted, I have not gone in to Le Cellier to eat the soup, but if it is the same as the festival, it is much better than canned cheese soup.

Campbell's is barely a faint, distant, 12-times removed fourth cousin almost forgotten of Le Cellier's Cheese soup. Le Cellier's soup is a treat.

If you are hesitant, try this (my DW and I did this in Nov.) -- order 1 bowl of cheese soup and 1 of their beef barley. The beef barley is outstanding -- robust, spicy, full of barley and beef. The broth is dark and richly flavored. We switched off eating soup as our appetizer, but I could have made it a meal with just 1 refill of both.

Try it -- that's part of the fun of Epcot -- trying new tastes.

This soup is the main reason we eat at Le Cellier. It is wonderful. If you like it, don't forget to ask for the recipe on the way out. They happily supplied us with copies of the soup and the bread sticks.

The cheese soup at Le Cellier is nothing like Campbells, thank goodness! It is really delicious. It is a white cheddar soup with bacon in it and is spiced up quite nicely. I will get it every time I go there. The breadsticks are heavenly also.

Thanks for reminding me of that awesome Le Cellier soup! Yum--with pretzel bread for dipping! We savor every spoonful. Campbell's is not even in the same universe. Enjoy!!

Originally posted by Eeyore1954
Campbell's is barely a faint, distant, 12-times removed fourth cousin almost forgotten of Le Cellier's Cheese soup. Le Cellier's soup is a treat.

Exactly, Eeyore1954! We love the Cheese soup at Le Cellier!! In fact, the Canadian Cheese Soup and the Cobb Salad at the Hollywood Brown Derby are the two things I really crave once we get home. You just can't find anything similar to those here in Nashville.

Each to their own.. We just got back and on my review on another thread, I compared it to Cambells soup. I thought it was good but nothing to write home about. It really, really did to both my wife and I compare to soup from a can. We ate their based on comments on DIS. The restaurant was nice and the food so so. I would try it and make your own judgements...smjj

I know most people give the cheese soup at Le Cellier's rave reviews, but while I found it to taste ok, it was much too rich for me. One or two spoonfuls and that was all I could take. Maybe I'm just weird, but it wasn't for me at all. The filet was another story! It was wonderful!

Is the cheese soup the same at the Concourse as it is at LeCellier? At the Concourse at Thanksgiving it was awesome!

Epcot food is great... something for everyone.

Iv'e had Cheese soup all over Canada and can tell you that after trying the soup at Epcot during the food and wine festival this year, I found it to be the worst cheese I have EVER had. It was so bad, I returned it and took my money back, and I'm not that picky. I have heard, however that some of the food at the stands during the festival, can be below/well below the norm. I did find a great cheese and brocolli soup at the All Star Music resort food fair that they served once or twice a week. If you ever stay there, this is a little hidden gem.

Or at the festival?? Confused...

Anyway, I'm not a major fan of cheese soup in general, but I have to say that the cheddar cheese soup at Le Cellier was absolutely delicious when I ate there in Sept. I've been to some fabulous restaurants in my day, and I was highly impressed with the cheese soup, salmon sampler appetizer and Walt's 100 Years of Magic chocolate cake that my dh and I had when we were there... Of all the mediocre food at WDW, this place is a real exception, imo. We also found the service to be highly attentive -- our waiter went above and beyond the call of duty to make our luncheon special (it was our 15th wedding anniversary!)... I would highly recommend a PS ressie, if not for dinner, definitely for lunch. It and California Grill are real standouts at WDW.

Have a great trip,
Sarah

I have never eaten cheese soup in Le Cellier per se, but I HAVE eaten it at the Food and Wine Festival in the Kiosk in Canada. I always assumed it was the same as in Le Cellier...can anyone who has eaten in both places confirm that?
Thanks!

We ate at Le Cellier on 12/31, and the soup was as delightful as ever, imho.
For those playing the game at home, here's a link to the recipe. My wife and I prepared it last fall with the intention of sharing it with her employees, and wound up eating the entire pot ourselves over two days! Be sure you use Black Diamond cheese & Moosehead beer.

http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/rec74.html

"Did you see me at EPCOT on New Years Eve? I was wearing a yellow poncho!"

:p

I wasn't there on New Years Eve, but I think I saw you on Christmas Eve!

I have eaten it in both places and it tasted exactly the same to me. (I didn't think that it tasted like Campbell's.)

Yum!

Like others have said, try it first and then make an opinion. i went there in Nov. for lunch just so I could have the cheese soup. It's yet to let me down. My wife wasn't found of it but my daughter loved it. Give it a shot I say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!