Chef mickeys brunch

married2mm

DIS Veteran
We have never ate at chef mickeys.

It always seems to have extremely long lines and very noisy (from a contemporary cafe viewing point!)

It does kind of scream epitome of character dining though, right?

To take a first timer at wdw-
Would this be a good choice?

For a character experience definitely. For food give it at pass.

The only character meal I so far haven't found noisy was the Bon Voyage Breakfast.
We enjoy Chef Mickeys for Breakfast, I haven't tried Brunch yet. The food is standard buffet food but it is fun to meet all the characters and Mickey in his Chef attire.

I don't know if you're familiar with Tim Tracker, but he (they) just did a video of brunch at Chef Mickey's.

Pardon the mobile link.

Thanks for the video! It truly made me make up my mind about going (Im not!!)! Loved the video...so detailed! Ill have to follow this guys videos. Really fabulous on describing everything,

We ate at Chef Mickeys a few weeks ago. It was our very first time to Disney and our very first character meal. It was fun but I really felt like it was a waste or money and we probably won't do any more character meals. (We also did Hollywood and Vine for breakfast). Maybe if we would of done the brunch the very first day we were there but we did it mid week. By then we had meet Mickey and them a few times at the park.

Thanks for the video! It truly made me make up my mind about going (Im not!!)! Loved the video...so detailed! Ill have to follow this guys videos. Really fabulous on describing everything,

Love Tim & Jenn, they have some great videos. They have videos on the resorts, updates on all of the construction, restaurant reviews for Disney and Universal too. It's a great way to get an idea of what to expect before heading down. I'll likely never get to go to Disney Tokyo, but with their vlogs I kinda feel like I was along with them-great stuff!

We ate at Chef Mickeys a few weeks ago. It was our very first time to Disney and our very first character meal. It was fun but I really felt like it was a waste or money and we probably won't do any more character meals. (We also did Hollywood and Vine for breakfast). Maybe if we would of done the brunch the very first day we were there but we did it mid week. By then we had meet Mickey and them a few times at the park.

Oh no! You had the 2 worst ones, no wonder you don't want to do any more character dining! Even though I don't love Chef Mickey's it's a tradition that we go there on our first day-DS is now 24 and we've been going there since he was 6. It's a fun way to meet all of the characters, food is just so so, but none of it is so bad that I wouldn't eat. (Except for hairy mac&cheese:crazy2:).

H&V-nope, nope, nope! Went once before we knew better-then a 2nd time a few years back when they still had Star Wars Weekends and the characters were dressed up in their SW costumes. Just not that great either time.

There are some really wonderful character meals though-Tusker House, Crystal Palace, Akershus. The Bon Voyage Breakfast has fantastic characters and the food was amazing. From what I've seen the new Storybook dinner at WL looks pretty good too.

Chef Mickey's was our first meal at Disney World two years ago. We thought "oh no" when we left and were terrified that every meal was going to be just as dbad. Thankfully everything else was a definite upgrade!! Some things that turned us off. (1) we had to wait 45 minutes past our ADR time in a very crowded "holding pen" area before we were finally seated; (2) the food was very basic--nothing flavorful or interesting, and a lot of it had a "frozen food" vibe; (3) characters were very rushed, one time a character literally left before I could open the camera app on my phone to take a picture of him with my kids; and (4) it was not kept very clean, both the booth/table area and buffet seemed to have more mess and spills than the other buffets.

We have never ate at chef mickeys.

It always seems to have extremely long lines and very noisy (from a contemporary cafe viewing point!)

It does kind of scream epitome of character dining though, right?

To take a first timer at wdw-
Would this be a good choice?

If your looking for character fun Chef Mickey is a lot of fun. If your looking to enjoy quality food, or for that matter even average quality food, this is not the place. Chef Mickey to this date has been my worst experience food wise in WDW.

May be a little overrated

You are being way to kind. :rotfl2:

Our worst food experiences have been at Sanaa, be our guest and Columbia harbor house.

Which clearly many adore!

I’m wondering whether to switch to coral reef ?!

Our worst food experiences have been at Sanaa, be our guest and Columbia harbor house.

Which clearly many adore!

I’m wondering whether to switch to coral reef ?!

I'm sorry to hear that. You had some terrible luck or something. Those are some of my favorites. Obviously any place can have a bad showing for any number of reasons.

I've never done Coral Reef, but it's another mixed bag of reviews. Some love it; others don't. It might help with suggestions if you gave an idea what you're looking for. Age range, tastes, anything?

For character dining, in a park I LOVE garden grill breakfast.

Outside the park, I like (but do not love) 'Ohana breakfast. I'm trying 1900 Park Fare next trip.

We will be a mix of adults ranging from 25-53.

One total newbie.
One not been for a few years (& not so keen on character dining!)
One returning from last year and huge fan of food, parks and 100%. Committed to whole Disney absorption!

Me & dh many trips (and for my 50th)

Dh adores all food.
I have very particular tastes (and don't eat meat)
I'm happy dining wherever with the most adventurous palettes-I simply don't partake in their food extraganzas!

Oh no, what happened at Sanaa?? We have a first time reservation coming up.

Please go & enjoy the views and the 99% perfect food.

We had 2 prior trips-simply amazing!!

3rd visit was on my birthday.
The server was beyond rude.
She actually made me cry-on my birthday:sad2:

We eventually had our dining credits reimbursed (we were on dxdp)
And I shall never return :rolleyes1

Please go & enjoy the views and the 99% perfect food.

We had 2 prior trips-simply amazing!!

3rd visit was on my birthday.
The server was beyond rude.
She actually made me cry-on my birthday:sad2:

We eventually had our dining credits reimbursed (we were on dxdp)
And I shall never return :rolleyes1

That’s sad! I wouldn’t be in a hurry to go back either.

Our family truly hates Chef Mickey's. We aren't huge character meal fans, but I can tolerate them. This one is so overrated. The food is mediocre, it is SO SO loud, and the concept of swinging dirty napkins in the air with food flying off of them is beyond disgusting.

There are so many other restaurants that will feel like Disney that are better.

An on the flip side, we have friends who make Chef Mickey's a must do every single time they go. Everyone is different, I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!