Chef Mickey's & Fireworks

Certifiable WDW Nut

Mouseketeer
If we have dinner at Chef Mickey's, where can we go to see the MK fireworks afterwards. I thought I read somewhere where they closed the observation deck on the 14th?? floor to anyone not eating at California Grill. Is that correct? If so, is there another observation deck at Contemporary where we can watch the fireworks from? I appreciate your help. Thanks.

:earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

The 15th floor observation deck is closed to guests not visiting the California Grill.
There is another observation deck for Contemporary Guests.
Inquire at the front desk or at Chef Mickey's.

If you go back by the gift shops at the end of the hotel, there is a deck outside. I think there's a deck on most of the floors. We've watched the fireworks from there several times and always had a good time.

I have no personal experience using the top floor observation deck recently, but have read a couple posts on this board in the last month that said it was once again opened up to everyone, not just CG diners.

Since I don't want you to take my word for this, perhaps someone else will answer, or you can submit a new question on the resorts board asking about the observation deck. Also, inquire when you get there. Hope you have a great evening!

When we went in May, we were able to go to the observation deck when we didn't eat at California Grill. But instead of walking through the restaurant, we went a different direction. As soon as we got off the elevator, we were directed to go to the left and down a hallway, past some banquet rooms and it led us to a door, to another observation deck. We were not on the exact same observation deck as before, but we were on top of the CR looking over the MK. It was great and there were no problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter