Chef Mickey's now closing for rehab from late November through December

I haven't received an email. We have brunch on Sunday, November 26. Now we need to find someone with a reservation on the 27th.

I haven't received an email. We have brunch on Sunday, November 26. Now we need to find someone with a reservation on the 27th.
That's our date as well...at 10:40. Haven't heard anything at this point. Perhaps they're starting on Monday, the 27th?

We have reservations for the 27th at dinner but I have not received anything about the location changing. we haven't been there before so we really won't know what we are missing / what to expect LOL

I have Brunch scheduled for December 27th.

I will def cancel if the location is not in its original spot. I go for the ambiance and hopefully the food. Have not been to Brunch.
Breakfast has gone downhill lately and it was always our tradition to kick start our vacation.

Have a late December ADR and haven't gotten an email. I wonder if it's just new carpeting or maybe it has something to do with the glass window that broke a while back??

Ehhhh not fun for all of those who booked because of the ambiance. I can agree with that, I would be re-arranging my schedule too!

I got an e-mail for a 12/1 dinner reservation... I'm not too attached to it so I may start a TP search and shuffle things around.

We have a reservation for Dec 9th - our flight leaves later and we thought this would be a nice way to use the day up. We have never been there, but we're staying at BLT and it always seems like fun (our kids will be 6 and 3 for this trip).

I am really not sure about spending all that $$ now if its just in a boring conference room. I don't see any info on the disney site - I guess this will be a last minute decision on whether we keep it once I see what the experience is really like.

Not sure if this is correct but it's something that's out there
http://www.themouseforless.com/walt-disney-world/dining/menus/chef-mickeys-menu/

"Chef Mickey’s will be closed for refurbishment from November 28 through December 2017. During this time, Chef Mickey’s will be relocating to the Convention Center at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. The dining and character experience will remain the same. Cast Members will be on hand to assist with directions to the location at the Convention Center."

Last edited:
We have a reservation for Dec 9th - our flight leaves later and we thought this would be a nice way to use the day up. We have never been there, but we're staying at BLT and it always seems like fun (our kids will be 6 and 3 for this trip).

I am really not sure about spending all that $$ now if its just in a boring conference room. I don't see any info on the disney site - I guess this will be a last minute decision on whether we keep it once I see what the experience is really like.

That was my concern when they were supposed to do it when we were there. The CM that called me assured me they were going to make it nice. I can't imagine it would just be a conference room with the money they are charging people. As I said previously, they would be returning a lot of money. Regardless, you go to chef mickeys to see the characters. Anyone going for ambiance must like to drop money for horrible food. The place really has no ambiance, it has a lot of screaming kids and characters.

What day in December are your reservations? We're scheduled for December 14th and haven't gotten an email yet.
December 2nd - breakfast and December 3 - dinner. I don't mind the move since it's right next door.

I got an email for my 11-30 dinner reservation. (I actually got it 5 days ago, but it went to my spam folder and I just searched for it after seeing this thread...) Here's the text for anyone who is interested:

We hope you are looking forward to your upcoming visit to the Walt Disney World® Resort.
We are sending this message to ensure that you have the most up-to-date information regarding your upcoming dining experience at Chef Mickey's at Disney's Contemporary Resort.

Due to kitchen maintenance that coincides with your experience, we are relocating our all-you-care-to-eat buffet with Chef Mickey and his friends to Disney's Contemporary Resort Convention Center. Except for the location, your experience and reservation time will remain the same. Your party will have the same opportunity to create magical memories in our temporary home.

When you arrive to Disney's Contemporary Resort for your dining reservation, Cast Members will be on hand to assist you with directions to our location at the Convention Center. Please be assured, your dining reservation has not changed aside from the location within Disney's Contemporary Resort.

Should you have any questions or need additional assistance, please send an email to guest.services@disneyworld.com. In your message, please include your name, telephone number and dining reservation information, and a Cast Member will be happy to assist you.

We look forward to hosting you soon!

Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!