Chef Mickey's vs T-Rex for arrival night

vetrik

DIS Veteran
We were originally planning to head to Disney Springs on arrival day and have dinner at T-Rex. When I made ADRs this week, the times for T-Rex were horrible with the only options being 4:00 pm (too early for our flights) or 8:30 pm (too late for a toddler on the first night). I know you can get the Landry card, which can help, or sometimes you can call closer to the trip for reservations, but it made me nervous not having anything confirmed for that night. I ended up making reservations for Chef Mickey's.

We are a party of 6 (DH, me, DD8, DS2, and my parents), and none of us have ever eaten at either place. Should I stick with Chef Mickey's, or should I try to get a T-Rex reservation at a better time? I'm torn and can't make up my mind! I don't think we'd be able to do both, because all of our reservations are set for the rest of the trip and we're really happy with them.

We always love Chef Mickey's for the characters (food is okay), especially since the kids love seeing them. I think eating there would be a great start to your trip if the kids want to see the characters.

Call T Rex directly. They also do there own ADRs as well as Disney ADRs I believe. (They do not do Open Table).
If not hang onto Chef Mickeys until closer to your date and keep checking T Rex.
Chef Mickeys is not my favorite for food or character interaction. I would save my Big Cheese interaction for another character meal.

I would stick with Chef Mickey's. I think it would be a great way to kick off the trip. Plus, I wouldn't want to venture down to Disney Springs on my first night there - but my family is diehard have to see the castle and go to MK for at least a hot second on the first day.

We have done both and really like T-Rex. My 13 year old son and 8 year old niece got a kick out of the atmosphere and the dig site play area. The service and food were good. Plus, I like going to the World of Disney store (right near T-Rex) on our first night.

I think you can’t go wrong with Chef Mickey’s either. I thought the food was good but we feel we have outgrown character meals so we have crossed that one off our list. I still have pictures hanging in my living room from my son’s first time there at age 8. It was a good way to kick off the trip and meet the classic characters. My son at that age enjoyed getting them to sign his autograph book.

I feel like I’m not helping because I like both of your choices! Just know if you choose T Rex to call them directly and you will not have trouble getting a reservation.

We love T-Rex, and try to do it whenever we get a chance. I've never had an issue getting a reservation by calling them directly, even when Disney showed no availability.

I think you can make Trex reservations through the restaurant a week or two out, but I'd call and check on that. Once you have the Trex reservation confirmed, then you can cancel the Chef Mickey adr.

Chef Mickey's is better than a lot of reviewers give it credit for and for little ones seeing the Fab 5 without standing in long lines is not to be missed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter