Chef Mickeys worth the trip?

Agreeing with most of the other peoples sentiment here. It was great when the kids were little and I'm glad we did it, but we have no desire or plans to do it again. The characters are good, but the food quality is way below average. I'd pick breakfast over dinner for sure. If you go, go for the characters not the food.

As the kids have gotten older, we stopped going to most of the character buffets. Tusker House Breakfast, and Garden Grill are the only 2 we're doing next trip, both Breakfast.

We went for 5 years on the go for a 7am breakfast ADR. As we were one of the first to be seated, we were also one of the first tables the characters went to and it obviously wasn't full at that time. We enjoyed the breakfast food and the character interactions, then walked to MK by 8.15am. For a change we went once around 11am, and it was not enjoyable for us. It was crazy busy with children running around, and empty, uncleared tables everywhere.

I told my daughter that we will not be going back until the time that I have a grandchild that absolutely must go to Chef Mickeys, and that will be a one and done for the child. Until then...nope.

A must-do for us. Great atmosphere, all the classic Disney characters without having to wait in line to meet them, great selection of reasonably good food, good bottled beer list, and my kids really like the desserts. Also, walkable from the Magic Kingdom. Overpriced like most things in Disney, but recommended.

My daughter is 13 now, but our first trip to Disney was when she was 6. We kicked off our vacation with dinner at CM. It was fun, loud and party like. The food was not memorable, but not bad and appeals to kids. Seeing all the main characters at once was just so magical in my daughter’s eyes. The interaction was great. She believed they were the real deal. Priceless.

Wreturned to CM when my daughter was 9, and again at 11. Still good, but not as magical. We won’t go next trip. Character dining is not a priority at her age now. (Except maybe one meal)

If you never been, go. You won’t regret.

We've been for both breakfast and dinner. The food at breakfast was much better, no complaints about the breakfast food. Dinner was just plain awful, and we're not really that picky. It is a fun character interaction. After we tried other restaurants at WDW, some with characters and some without, we found many others that offer much better food options and a great atmosphere too--the best of both worlds. We feel like we have lots of opportunities to meet characters and have fun while out and about in the parks, so we really look forward to going to a restaurant that offers a delicious meal as well.

Agree with everyone here. Breakfast is better. The only time it doesn't feel like a triplet's birthday at Chuck E. Cheese is at the earliest reservation time.
Good to know. Someday I will be sure to book the earliest breakfast reservation when I am forced to return. Who knows? I might actually enjoy it.

Reading this thread makes me feel like I have poor taste in food and restaurants. We love CM and normally go for dinner. Granted a lot of it is the kids and the characters, but I find the food quite enjoyable as well.

Don’t feel bad. Food is really subjective! People rave about Tiffins and I hated it, meanwhile they trash CRT all the time and we loved it so much we’re going back on our next trip.

We went recently and the food and service were great. Our reservation time was about 40 minutes before we were seated but everything went very well after that. I missed my opportunity to get eggs Benedict and the manager herself brought me a freshly prepared serving as they were flipping to lunch. I rarely get such good service. Also, the desserts were great.

Reading this thread makes me feel like I have poor taste in food and restaurants. We love CM and normally go for dinner. Granted a lot of it is the kids and the characters, but I find the food quite enjoyable as well.

I seem to like all the places others complain about. We absolutely love Chef Mickey. Great character interaction. We have been to breakfast & dinner many, many times and have always had great service & great food! We prefer dinner tho. Kids are all teens now but they still ask to go there.

I was not impressed at all with Garden Grill or Tusker House. And not one of our large group ever asks to go back to either of them.

It’s one of our family favorites and I highly recommend going. The food is good. It’s not gourmet, but definitely tasty with lots of options. The place is clean and they keep up with stocking the buffet nicely.

You mentioned lunch or dinner and I would suggest the lunch (aka brunch) when they have the Mickey waffles and some other breakfast items out in addition to the lunch/dinner food.

The highlight of the place is the atmosphere! With the monorail running above and the fab 5 characters roaming around visiting tables, it’s fantastic! Every so often, a little Mickey celebration starts and the characters dance around and everyone swings their napkins around for a few minutes. Super fun and cute.

It’s also a great location since you can monorail or walk from the MK quickly. It’s nice to take a break from the crowds and escape to chef Mickeys for a party/brunch with some of the best characters.

Definitely do it if you can!😊.

Enjoy!!

We like it too! LOL! I usually tell people to take my feedback with a grin of salt because I like CM.
My daughter and I were laughing not too long ago because our family seems to be the least picky people on Earth when it comes to buffet food. Either we have no idea how it's supposed to taste, or we manage to choose the items that are good, but we always leave satisfied.

We like it too! LOL! I usually tell people to take my feedback with a grin of salt because I like CM.
My daughter and I were laughing not too long ago because our family seems to be the least picky people on Earth when it comes to buffet food. Either we have no idea how it's supposed to taste, or we manage to choose the items that are good, but we always leave satisfied.
I genuinely don’t get the criticism of the food at CM in this thread. I mean, they bring out freshly cooked joints of beef and other meat on a regular basis, and carve it in front of you and serve you. The veggies and everything else are also regularly refreshed. It’s not Victoria and Alberts but as buffets go I cannot fault it.

Like some other people said, if you are on the dining plan then yes its somewhat worth it. There is much better character meals in and around MK then Chef Mickeys. 1900 Park Fair is an example better than Chef Mickeys. However in my opinion the best character meal is probably going to have to be Tusker House in AK.

I thought we were one and done but when planning ADRs for our next trip our 15yr old son was devastated that Chef Mickey wasn't included. It's now been booked for brunch.
While far from outstanding, food on our last visit was definitely passable and character interaction second to none

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!