Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

It has to be terrible for them not knowing if their family is safe!
Javy's GF posted on twitter how sad and helpless she feels

also~

Javier Baez hasn't talked to his family in Puerto Rico since last night. He thinks they are safe and should be able to reach them around game time.

i
Jesse Rogers, ESPN Staff Writer

Victor Caratinin, Rene Rivera also with family there

Last edited:
Official pitching match-up for Brewers

Arrieta vs Davies on Thu; Lackey vs Woodruff on Fri; Hendricks vs Suter on Sat; Quintana vs Anderson on Sun

Brewers got new's that Jimmy Nelson surgery/ labrum repair will keep him out an undisclosed amount of time next season. They will either be extra motivated, extra mad or probably both.
Rockies about to blow their game , Brewers will be fired up tonight against the already dead Pirate's...meh

Last edited:
My gut was telling me this was going to be a rough one....but kudos to Joe for bumping Lester into this series over the Brewer one. John just didn't have it and then the b2b steals just shut him down. I think the Cubs need to get their "Assistant to Special Operations" AKA Rossy to Busch Stadium for Lester's next outing for moral support. Freeman/Jay to avoid the shut out. Hoping this was just a mini slump for Riz~so good to see the infield as it should be. Grimm didn't give up multiple runs, Wilson balanced out his walk's and K's (I think) and Rivera with a double good to see. Happ...getting heat for being a rally killer but did have a great catch there, always good to see.Wade gets a day off, not the worst thing heading into the next series.
Pirate's tied it up but Brewers threatening in the 9th. Would be nice if that game goes 18 lol....with a Bucco walk off to win it.

ETA:

OMG! PIRATES WALK OFF FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cub's in first place, still in control of their own destiny~
images

Last edited:
I didn't get to watch any of it, but from MLB AtBat it looked pretty ugly. I knew it was coming after so many wins. Hopefully it stops tonight.

I didn't get to watch any of it, but from MLB AtBat it looked pretty ugly. I knew it was coming after so many wins. Hopefully it stops tonight.

ugly from the get go...if Lester had hair I would say to give him Javy's braid's lol:rotfl2:

First Davies loses his outing and now Knebel blowing the save~ might be the start to a leak in the Brewer's keg ?

ETA: Comment from Lester on his outing yesterday (someone get Rossy, stat)

“You got to take the good with the bad. We’ll make an adjustment and figure it out. The good thing is
it’s not physical. It’s just a matter of getting back to what has been working for me in the past and making those adjustments.”

sounds like losing the time working with Willy from his injury and then his own is for sure, part of the puzzle. Jon is not used to working with 3 different catchers. Like, ever.

Last edited:
So very serious question: What do we do with Lester in the playoffs? Do we make him the #4 behind Jake, Hendricks, and Q. He just doesn't have it together since returning from injury.

Jon did not look good last night. I don't recall the batter, but he had a guy 0-2 and then ended up walking him. I think that was the 2nd or 3rd inning when they ended up scoring a bunch. I had company come over, so was only sorta listening after that. Checked score before I went to bed and just sad. Gotta give credit to Snell though...he was pitching a great game. Sad to see the loss, but at least the Brewers lost too!!!! Have to remember we can't win 'em all and hoping this was the last loss for a while. Actually I'd be happy if this was the last loss of the season and then we'd be celebrating after game 4, but I'm also a realist.

Last edited:

It's often said teams would rather get blown out than suffer a close loss. I always felt that was "sour grapes" - but last night maybe was a blessing. Maddon very quickly went to "exhibition game" mode and saved the regs (and the bullpen) for work far more important than trying to keep the score close in a loss.

And the magic number went down anyway. And while unlikely, it's a fact that a sweep knocks the Brewers out. Got to get this first one to make them think about it.

GO CUBS!!

The CSN Cubs twitter retweeted Rian Watt‏Verified account @rianwatt charts ..these give a the different scenarios a bit clearer.
this weekend is going to have a lot of pharmacists filling blood pressure meds, for fan's of all 3 teams, lol.

Cubs hold their own destiny. Getting 2 this weekend will be huge. Brewers burned through a lot of their pen last night, including Swarzak and Knebel. Hader available, but has pitched. Cubs have their best late game opportunity tonight. If Brewers keep the roof closed..you know it's to keep the HR ball from happening. Wether shoes it should be open...mid 70's 5% chance of rain. Oh, Billy Hamilton is back for the Red's....just in time to play spoiler .

DKQEFrDW4AEkdot.jpg

Last edited:
The CSN Cubs twitter retweeted Rian Watt‏Verified account @rianwatt charts ..these give a the different scenarios a bit clearer.
this weekend is going to have a lot of pharmacists filling blood pressure meds, for fan's of all 3 teams, lol.

Cubs hold their own destiny. Getting 2 this weekend will be huge. Oh, Billy Hamilton is back for the Red's....just in time to play spoiler .

DKQEFrDW4AEkdot.jpg

I thought I understood these charts...until NOW.
Cubs Lose, Brewers Win, Cardinals Lose, but it still shows CHC record as 10-0. Ummm, if we "Lose", how could the record be 10-0. Sorry...I don't get it.

Jon did not look good last night. I don't recall the batter, but he had a guy 0-2 and then ended up walking him. I think that was the 2nd or 3rd inning when they ended up scoring a bunch. I had company come over, so was only sorta listening after that. Checked score before I went to bed and just sad. Gotta give credit to Snell though...he was pitching a great game. Sad to see the loss, but at least the Brewers lost too!!!! Have to remember we can't win 'em all and hoping this was the last loss for a while. Actually I'd be happy if this was the last loss of the season and then we'd be celebrating after game 4, but I'm also a realist.
He was ticked when Miller hit that grounder that got past Rizzo..and mad that Rizzo had encouraged him to throw to first trying to get Souza . I think that's who you are commenting on.Souza pulled a Javy and turned a walk inot a triple and ended up scoring (tho not nearly as flashy or entertaining as Javy, lol).Bigger problem is teams now seeing it happen and Jon's confidence fell through the floor on that now. Some speculate his injury still there, that he pushed it too soon to come back, but when you see him display frustratin at his guys in the heat of the moment, well, you just wish you didn't see that. Lackey is different, that salty~ surly mode is what kicks him in high gear, Lester ~not so much.

I thought I understood these charts...until NOW.
Cubs Lose, Brewers Win, Cardinals Lose, but it still shows CHC record as 10-0. Ummm, if we "Lose", how could the record be 10-0. Sorry...I don't get it.
the 10-0 would be if we were perfect from here on out...won all 10. Do you mean where it says 0-10? Our current 3.5 lead and less losses than the Brewers/Card's are what could miraculously save us there.
The digit on the left of the dash is wins needed against losses incurred for remaining games in each scenario

the 10-0 would be if we were perfect from here on out...won all 10. Do you mean where it says 0-10? Our current 3.5 lead and less losses than the Brewers/Card's are what could miraculously save us there.
The digit on the left of the dash is wins needed against losses incurred for remaining games in each scenario
I understand what the 10-0 means (give me a little credit)...but how could 10-0 (no losses) be in a table that has a title of Cubs lose...?
If Cubs lose, at best it would be 9-1 (no additional losses).

The Cubs have ELEVEN games left - so these scenarios are AFTER the game tonight - at which point there would be 10 left.

So if the Cubs win tonight, etc - here are the scenarios for the then remaining 10 games. And so on and on for each of the four possible outcomes for tonight.

Well, excluding rainouts.

I understand what the 10-0 means (give me a little credit)...but how could 10-0 (no losses) be in a table that has a title of Cubs lose...?
If Cubs lose, at best it would be 9-1 (no additional losses).
lol credit due, Doc...I thought maybe you had a type on the end of the scenario..as in 0-10. The title is for clarity of the scenario's, that's all. That aside, baseball is gonna baseball and all OTHER variable are not in the charts, nasically just a big generalization. I find it quite helpful tho.
The Cubs have ELEVEN games left - so these scenarios are AFTER the game tonight - at which point there would be 10 left.

So if the Cubs win tonight, etc - here are the scenarios for the then remaining 10 games. And so on and on for each of the four possible outcomes for tonight.

hmmmm would any/all rainouts be automatically re-scheduled to be played at Miller Park?:rolleyes1 Asking for a friend :teeth:

Ah...now it makes sense. So, those tables were after the results of last night's games. Amazing how quickly it can go from clear as mud to crystal clear!

Edit: Just noticed we have 1 regular season game in October...so, yes after tonight's game, not last night's.

Last edited:
here is tonight's Brewer payback lineup~ and I think *maybe* Victor makes an appearance this series considering the bomb he hit the last time he was at Miller Park, and JHey does damage as well. Great time for Bryzzo to take command. Jake got the W boht times pitching against the Brewersin April and May..let's go for three.

LET'S GO CUBBIE'S!!!!!!!!!!WE NEVER QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

upload_2017-9-21_16-14-9.jpeg
images
images

DKRR98YVYAAWXop.jpg:large

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-21_16-13-9.jpeg
    upload_2017-9-21_16-13-9.jpeg
    13.9 KB · Views: 2
Carrie Muskat reported that Rene Rivera was able to talk briefly with his mom in PR~Victor Caratini has not been able to make contact. :worried:
I *think* Javy has heard from his and his Fiance's families

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter