Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I want them to win so THEY have a higher chance of a hangover next year. Can you imagine having to face angry Dodgers instead of satieted Dodgers.
I'm torn as I love JD and he played on the Astros..but I am not a Verlander fan. Honestly, the Astros kinda goofed stating that the noise at Yankee Stadium did get to them. Can you IMAGINE the level at Dodger Stadium now that they have that info? We know the tricks of them only playing the earth shattering garbage noise while the visitors are on the field/pitchers etc. The Astros seriously have to get 1 of the first 2..and Seager will be back. Jansen will be called in A.SA.P. Obv Kershaw can have a bad outing, (we can hit him) and the Astros will have to take advantage and try and keep Kershaw out there in the heat. It is supposed to be near 100 degrees.

Last edited:
Totally not Cubs related, but wanted to share with friends...

We're heading to WDW the 18th - 22nd of February.
1 Day at BCV and then 3 at BWV. Both new resorts for us, so we're excited.

Yay! So happy for you. I’ve stayed at both and BWV is our home resort. Let the countdown begin!

I’m actually at St Jude with my daughter for her 4 year check up so this really doesn’t sit well with me. To take something from a child dealing with cancer?? That’s low.
Hope all goes well for you guys today :goodvibes I sent the article to the A. Rizzo Family Foundation, (I'm sure they already know) I am really hoping it is an accident, fell from the window, scooped up with other stuff or something like that, I mean, mistakes happen but if not , GRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Last edited:
@robinb, I'd just like to state for the record my sincere and bountiful thanks to you.
1) You invited me to and/or told me about this thread
2) You told me how to stream the games that I hadn't been able to get before. It was so great being able to see most of the season vs. simply the 5 or 6 I was able to catch last year.

THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU

I’m actually at St Jude with my daughter for her 4 year check up so this really doesn’t sit well with me. To take something from a child dealing with cancer?? That’s low.
::yes::
Pretty sure that's LOWER than pond scum

at least in my book.

@robinb, I'd just like to state for the record my sincere and bountiful thanks to you.
1) You invited me to and/or told me about this thread
2) You told me how to stream the games that I hadn't been able to get before. It was so great being able to see most of the season vs. simply the 5 or 6 I was able to catch last year.

THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
You are quite welcome! I am so happy that you joined the Clubhouse!

I'd also like to say thanks to you and everyone else who makes this thread what it is! A special shout-out to all the new members this year who have brought a new perspective to the team and the game. Everyone tell your DIS friends about us :thumbsup2. The more the merrier.

Hope all goes well for you guys today :goodvibes I sent the article to the A. Rizzo Family Foundation, (I'm sure they already know) I am really hoping it is an accident, fell from the window, scooped up with other stuff or something like that, I mean, mistakes happen but if not , GRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Thanks, Fin! We heard from her Radiologist this AM that her scans continue to be clear. We are very thankful to the Lord for His continued care.

Great thinking passing it on. I'm sure they will make it right!

I'm thinking of you and your daughter today and sending pixie dust her way for a clean bill of health!

Mine and DW are already park hopper. It would be having to get that for DD as well and not necessarily worth the expense to upgrade hers just to go to bier garten unless we're already going to EPCOT anyway. Also, may not even have that option if we end up having to buy 2 individual tickets.
Check out Undercover Tourist on a multi-day park hopper. Might be worth it.

Check out Undercover Tourist on a multi-day park hopper. Might be worth it.
I was looking at that the other day (that's where I've bought all my tickets from in the past), but it looks like the lowest multi-day pass is 3 days. We may only do 2 days at the parks---still undecided. If we only end up doing 2 days, then obviously I wouldn't want to waste a day and especially not the additional expense for park hopper.

We'll figure it out and although I really like bier garten, it will not hurt my feelings (or my large waistline) if I miss it.

It's cold, rainy, have my cleaning at the dentist and the Cubs are done for the season. I do not like today
Thanks, Fin! We heard from her Radiologist this AM that her scans continue to be clear. We are very thankful to the Lord for His continued care.

Great thinking passing it on. I'm sure they will make it right!

FANtastic update! I was at the dentist for my cleaning hoping there would be a good post!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

So speaking of Rizzo with the lost picture, I wonder how he will be with Hinske leaving. I know Riz has been there through a ton of the sell off etc but Hinske helped him with his swing~ how to crowd the plate, both are lefty's and you always see Rizzo with an arm around him in the dugout. I am also starting to wonder if Bosio did the severing vs the other way around :scratchin thought we would have an announcement by now on Hickey if he had been locked down before not renewing Bosio. I aso saw that the Cubs Marketing Director has left the club.

It's cold, rainy, have my cleaning at the dentist and the Cubs are done for the season. I do not like today

FANtastic update! I was at the dentist for my cleaning hoping there would be a good post!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Hey, wait a minute!!! Me going to Disney isn't a good post? :rotfl2:

more rumors

When Theo told AAJ he would be guaranteed more playing time, he didn't necessarily say it was going to be with the Cubs:rolleyes1 I could see AAJ going to the Marlin's if we get Yelich, AAJ is from Miami and he would prob love playing there (even tho that dome is fugly as heck)

https://sportsmockery.com/2017/10/cubs-eyeing-star-red-sox-outfielder/

If Theo pulled this off? For Schwarb's +? the bookends of JHey and Benintendi woud be insane! Just picture if AAJ stays in CF and he gets his BA up against righties..WOWZA! Or if we keep Jay which would make me so very happy.
I feel like Veruca from Charlie and The Chocolate Factory... "I want it ALLL..and I want it all NOW" lol
images

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter