Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

If you need a good chuckle, read this and look at the photos. It will make you roar. https://www.mlb.com/cut4/bryce-harp.../c-300888388?partnerId=ed-13268771-1107873673
giphy.gif

Another lefty in the pipeline

Cubs Claim Ian Clarkin

By Steve Adams | November 20, 2018 at 3:16pm CDT

The Cubs announced that they’ve claimed left-hander Ian Clarkin off waivers from the White Sox. The former first-round pick has yet to make his big league debut.

Clarkin, 24 in February, was the No. 33 pick by the Yankees in the 2013 draft but went from the Yanks to the Sox in the 2017 David Robertson/Tommy Kahnle swap. The 2018 season was an ugly one for Clarkin, however, as he was hit hard in 68 Double-A innings. In 18 appearances (10 starts) at that level he posted a 4.98 ERA and averaged just 4.6 K/9 against 4.1 BB/9. The Cubs have a general need for left-handed depth in the bullpen and will look to tap into the potential that made Clarkin a first-rounder earlier this decade. It’s far from a guarantee that he’ll stick on their 40-man roster for the remainder of the winter, but if h does, he’ll be an optionable piece for the Cubs in 2019.

Good. I’m glad he’s gone. I was really hoping he would be a better coach.
Honestly , I thought he and the players got along really well, and I don't blame the early season hiccups on Hickey vs. the pitcher's. CJ is proving to be more than any coach can fix, Chatwood the same.Darvish, well, jury still out on that. Hendrick's got his act together, Lester, Q and Monty all met expectations and the Hamels exceeded them. Given the fact that he only had a 2 year contract, I really hope his health or a family member's are not the force behind this. Fan's think a changing lineup is bad, having so many coaching changes in 2 years is not ideal, like, at all.

Let the Maddux chatter begin

Last edited:

Cubs acquire pitcher Rowan Wick from Padres for infielder Jason Vosler. Wick will be added to 40-man roster.

Last edited:

Just heard that we lost Jesse Chavez. He has agreed to a contract with the Rangers. So he's going back to them.

Just heard that we lost Jesse Chavez. He has agreed to a contract with the Rangers. So he's going back to them.
yep..I was SO bummed yesterday I didn't even post about it. Some moves come back to haunt you and this is one (to me)I mean, he was stellar...kuddos to him for getting his $, & I am hoping we can trade back for him. He clearly , CLEARLY excelled as Cub, will leave a huge hole. I know it was a unicorn season for him but I think he would have been decent again. I mean, he was the only arm we could count on for strikes! CJ better be getting his act together. So we have Kintzler as our middle guy, Morrow on limited use, Pedro~ Theo best be looking at a younger-ish closer...to go along with a vet catcher. So far this off season has *** writen all over it and if these moves are to get Harper or MM well....Theo may be operating while under the influence of another bender.

There is also beginning chatter of trading Addie to the Mariners~seems kinda unlikely but if Diaz was in the mix....interesting. I know Adduewas at the Cub offices yesterday and Friday is gonna bring news or way or another on him

Cubs (re)acquire INF Ronald Torreyes from NYY. Depth at 2B/s.s.~flags to me that Addies bags are being packed for moving if a deal can be had...and TLS can't be forgotten, right?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!