Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

upload_2019-4-8_18-21-33.gif

Cubs are the only team to score at Wrigley this season!

Crazy game, absolutely GLORIOUS day, crap on Lester getting hurt and missing out of getting the W for both openers, whew on the bullpen(12 straight innings without giving up a run!) KB looking like he’s turned the corner, SCHWARBOMB OFF A LEFTY (new walk up song approved, lol), 50% of Cubs games played have scored at least 10 runs, Javy finds magic he didn’t even know he had and JHey at IW status 10 games in, and Zo..he’s locked in on another level.
Enjoy flying the W for 2 days gang...weather report is not good for We’d/ Thurs night games...YU and Q

Last edited:
That was very satisfying. I love it when Jon Lester is the hero. Two outs, walk Heyward to get to Lester to get the third out and he hits a double and gets an RBI. It's nice seeing a smile on his face instead of a scowl.

I'd be really happy if it stayed that way all season. On the other hand I'd be even happier if we did better on the road. I really think whoever came up with the schedules said how much can we screw the cubs over this year?
Sure seems that way . Mother Nature is gonna intervene tomorrow, prob have our first cancellation while today's off day is beautiful. If this series was the next one (LAA) they would have maybe hurriedly played today being a team we don't play often~ but since it's the Buccos and we play them a lot, Manfred will make sure to just tack it on in the most damaging way...as in 9/23..one of 2 when days off in Sept while the Brewers enjoy part time baseball

Last edited:

Just to remind everyone of the black cloud over Cubs pitching:

Credit to @mj_ernst for tallying up the damage

#Cubs now with 5 members of their pitching staff on the IL, including their Opening Day starter and closer, as well as both projected lefties for the pen: Lester, Morrow, Montgomery, Cedeno, Barnette

Top two 40-man starting pitcher options in AAA (Mills, Alzolay) also on IL.

The projected bullpen visual doesn't look much different:

RHRP:

Morrow - IL

Strop

Cishek

Edwards - Optioned to AAA

Brach

Kintzler

Chatwood

Barnette - IL

Webster

Mills - IL

Maples

Norwood

Wick

Mekkes

LHRP:

Montgomery - IL

Cedeno - IL

Rosario

Ryan

Collins

Guys, I think TLS might be good at hitting dinger’s...

Hit a 3 run bomb in the first and just sent another one out! He was always great against the BRewers but he’s on another level this series!

Also, Mike Trout left the game with a groin injury..wonder if he will miss any of our series this weekend. (Secretly hoping yes)

I am so stinking happy for JHey , I’m blocking out that we are currently tied with the Red’s in last place.

Cervelli can’t buy a hit against any other team...verified Cub Killer (tho YU served up a nice cookie)
upload_2019-4-11_0-17-49.gif

Well tnx to TLS and LAA, they swept the Brewers. I like to think We kinda helped them by knocking Hader out of the equation. They are coming in hot, 6 straight wins but I will enjoy seeing TLS, and even Cahill

Last edited:
He went 5.1 and pitched better than his stats will show. It pains me so much bc I so want him to do better.
my jury is still out on the pitched better than the stats will show. Wind saved 3 other runs on meatball pitches. and yes, the wind hurt us too. Willy’s was right on the money but died in RF. TBH, if Joe pulled Darvish AGAIN to coddle him, we are witnessing about as productive as Darvish will get.

Fair is fair tho and KB...:scared: . AAJ , just does not have a clutch gene. His defense is a’ight but pretty sure as soon as Happ comes up, AAJ goes down and the selling of either will commence. But then again, Ricketts TOTALLY giving off the “could care less about this team, just after $$$$ from Wrigleyville” vibe so who knows:confused3

Due to inclement weather tonight’s game will star 30 minutes early at6:35

I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY HOPE WE WIN THIS SERIES!(and look who got moved up to 6th!)
upload_2019-4-11_16-8-22.png

YAY THE FIRST SERIES W!

But it came at a heavy cost. Vic broke a bone in his hand on the first pitch of his last ab . He doubled to drive in Descalso. What a beast to go oppo with a broken hand, dude LITERALLY sacrificed himself for the W. It will be months before he can play. Feel terrible for him, he was doing great this season and honestly, the team needs his switch hitting. He’s basically Hamel’s catcher too, sooooooooo, thanks Theo, for not listening to EVERYONE saying to get a veteran catcher!
I am not a fan of Taylor Davis but he’s who we have.

First Lester and now Vic. Getting the W is dangerous.

I know that the Cubs had a rough start. I read something that made me feel a bit better about it. Many teams will have a slump where they will have a 2-8 stretch. Ours just happened to be in the start of the year.

Oh no! I hadn't heard about Carrot Tini! Shoot, I'll have to look that up. I feel bad for him and for the Cubs. He played both catcher and first base in the last week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!