Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I know that the Cubs had a rough start. I read something that made me feel a bit better about it. Many teams will have a slump where they will have a 2-8 stretch. Ours just happened to be in the start of the year.

Oh no! I hadn't heard about Carrot Tini! Shoot, I'll have to look that up. I feel bad for him and for the Cubs. He played both catcher and first base in the last week.
Losing Vic is brutal . He was off to a fantastic start, is Hamels catcher.plan was together Willy more rest this season. So we have Morrow, Monty, Lester, Barnette, Cedeno & Vic on the IL already..with CJ, Happ in Iowa, Addie suspension and AAJ borderline Iowa~Riz , KB , Javy & Schwarbs slumping. It's April

If they gave AAJ a little more paying time, like they gave Caratini, he might produce more. He is outstanding in CF, just needs the opportunity to get up to bat more. He was doing really well during Spring Training. As for Victor, he's been on fire with his bat and his defensive playing. I'm going to miss him while he is on the IL. I looked forward to seeing him up to bat. It's too bad they put him in 8th where he'd get on base with two outs and then the pitcher couldn't get much of a hit if any. And he got left on base many times already this year. Now if Taylor Davis can quit playing to the camera, he might be okay.

I know that the Cubs had a rough start. I read something that made me feel a bit better about it. Many teams will have a slump where they will have a 2-8 stretch. Ours just happened to be in the start of the year.

I’d been thinking / hoping the same. Remember when the Dodgers lost a ton of games in late 2017 (of course they were in first already). Also they got off to sub-500 starts in the first several weeks of the 2 years they won the pennant. We’re not them but it’s something. Last night’s win was a bit important.

6297505D-3EAB-4728-8CD2-5C0B5B0474BF.jpeg Meanwhile. On the topic of streaks, check out the recent AL West, who our division is facing all year:

Today’s lineup...sitting our hottest bat, but after playing in miserable conditions, and need to send some trade bait out(hopefully )
Trout still out for LAA

LETS GO!

upload_2019-4-12_10-34-12.png

Oh, yeah, I'm enjoying seeing Daniel Descalso at bat as well. He's doing pretty good. They need to move KB or Rizzo to another batting slot so we have a better chance of not getting two outs in a row.

Excellent pitching by Hamels. And four home runs! Rizzo saved himself by getting at least that one home run. Otherwise, he would have been under .200. I sure would like KB and Rizzo and Javy to start playing baseball. Too many SOs Javy. I heard them say on the television that Victor was going to have the same surgery that AAJ had a few years ago and he said it was tough recovering from it.

I’ve missed chatting with you all! So glad there’s some happy stuff to chat about now too. Two good wins back to back - hopefully the slump is over!

Prayers for Caratini. Hate that he’s out just when he was doing so well.

I’ve missed chatting with you all! So glad there’s some happy stuff to chat about now too. Two good wins back to back - hopefully the slump is over!

Prayers for Caratini. Hate that he’s out just when he was doing so well.
:wave2:

Take Heyward out of CF and put him in RF. Take Zobrist out of RF and put him in LF. Put AAJ in CF and put Schwarbs on the bench with KB. And, now with Victor out, they don't have anyone to replace Rizzo on 1st. Rizzo needs to be on the bench with KB, too.

Boy, did Schwarbs show his butt today. He definitely swung at that pitch. He really looked like a fool. Too bad he didn't have the same kind of motivation during the rest of the game.

Boy, did Schwarbs show his butt today. He definitely swung at that pitch. He really looked like a fool. Too bad he didn't have the same kind of motivation during the rest of the game.

Not sure if you are going to the Miami series, but have fun if you are and get the W! You will probably be relieved that Chatwood has been placed back in the pen and not a SP in this series

Not sure if you are going to the Miami series, but have fun if you are and get the W! You will probably be relieved that Chatwood has been placed back in the pen and not a SP in this series
Unfortunately, we won't get to go. Our dog isn't doing well and we both have some medical appointments. So scratch this year. Next year for sure.

Unfortunately, we won't get to go. Our dog isn't doing well and we both have some medical appointments. So scratch this year. Next year for sure.

Oh, no! I'm in the same spot with one of my dogs, and may have to cancel my WDW trip scheduled for 2 weeks away. I'm demanding a neuro consult tomorrow. I hope your pup recovers... :worried:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter