Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Finally, Yu gets a win at Wrigley. He looked really good out there. I was worried the rest of the team wasn't going to back him up. And Kimbrel really makes me nervous, like Stropy used to.

And Lester gets a no decision, but Stropy gets a win. Fine....not. As for Kimbrel? HE DRIVES ME NUTS!

CJ needs a long visit with a psychiatrist to get over his fear of pitching. He totally lost it today. He needs multiple visits. I feel badly for him, but I feel worse for the team and the big loss.

CJs good outings are fewer and further between. Not sure at all what to do with him.

I had a great weekend at Wrigley! We stayed across the street at the Hotel Zachary. What a treat! We hung out until 15 minutes before the game and walked across the street and in the ballpark in time for the first steamy pitch on Saturday. We were there when the cold front came through. I have never seen a crowd cheer cool air before! The temperature dropped a good 10-15 degrees in about a minute.

The Cubs won both games, Friday and Saturday. Thankfully, I missed CJ's implosion.

Well, CJ has gone back to Iowa. But I really don't think that will help much. He really needs help not to fear the mound.

Addison Russell has been optioned to Iowa to make room for Willson's return to the game. Jon Lester will not pitch today because of illness, so Chatwood will start.

Stupid baseball rules. Pitcher can't get a win if he doesn't complete 5 innings. Quintana finished 4.2 innings and did well. Brach finished .1, barely. Who gets the win? Brach. Stupid.

Schwarber was on top of everything today. A grand slam and what I called a great slam (three runs, not four).

While watching the loss last night on television (stupid Kimbrel) we decided to drive to Miami today and see the Marlins take on the D-Backs. Marlins won!!

In case you missed the MMA match between the Pirates and the Reds.. https://www.mlb.com/news/reds-pirates-benches-clear

Amir Garrett is the one who tried to egg Javy on last year. This year Javy just smiled at him and Garrett mouthed an expletive towards him. Garrett is a basketball thug who couldn't make it in basketball so he went to baseball.

<<<In case you missed the MMA match between the Pirates and the Reds...>>>

Waiting to hear them announce the penalties for this one today. MLB needs to respond. That was just crazy!

<<<In case you missed the MMA match between the Pirates and the Reds...>>>

Waiting to hear them announce the penalties for this one today. MLB needs to respond. That was just crazy!
Oops. That was the penalties for the April fight.

Don't know if you heard the music playing the stadium during the fight, but it was the Righteous Brothers singing "You've Lost that Lovin' Feeling".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter