Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I loved Castellanos interview with Len after the game. He was just amazed about the fans sticking around to sing Go, Cubs, Go.
I was mulling over a nickname for him. I score every game and the Cubs are all by nickname only. I finally came up with one: Double Trouble.

About "Go Cubs Go", 2 Brewers fans sat next to us on Saturday. We're Wisconsinites, so we were friendly. Once the Brewers lost they charged out of there. *I* would have stood in amazement over the home team's celebration. I think they were mad :(.

Here are the names for Players Weekend.
Albert Almora Jr.: "TICO"
Javier Baez: "EL MAGO"
David Bote: "BOAT"
Kris Bryant: "KB"
Victor Caratini: "VIC"
Nicholas Castellanos: "ARTIST"
Tyler Chatwood: "CHATTY"
Steve Cishek: "SPEEDPASS"
Willson Contreras: "VENEZUELA"
Yu Darvish: "YU-SAN"
Taylor Davis: "BTD"
Ian Happ: "HAPPER"
Cole Hamels: "HOLLYWOOD"
Kyle Hendricks: "HENDO"
Jason Heyward: "J-HEY"
Derek Holland: "DUTCH"
Tony Kemp: "CHIENG"
Craig Kimbrel: "DIRTY CRAIG"
Brandon Kintzler: "SALT"
Jon Lester: "LEFTHANDER"
Brandon Morrow: "B MO"
David Phelps: "PHELPSY"
Jose Quintana: "LELO"
Anthony Rizzo: "TONY"
Kyle Ryan: "KR91"
Kyle Schwarber: "SCHWARBS"
Pedro Strop: "STROPY"
Rowan Wick: "ROW"

My nicknames for them:

Albert Almora Jr.: "AAJ"
Javier Baez: "Javy"
David Bote: "Boaty MBF" (Boaty McBoatFace)
Kris Bryant: "KB"
Victor Caratini: "Carrot-tini"
Nicholas Castellanos: "Double Trouble"
Tyler Chatwood: "CHATTY"
Willson Contreras: "Willy"
Ian Happ: "Happ(y)"
Kyle Hendricks: "Professor"
Jason Heyward: "J-HEY"
Jon Lester: "Big Jon"
David Phelps: "PHELPSY"
Jose Quintana: "Q"
Anthony Rizzo: "Rizz"
Kyle Schwarber: "SCHWARBS"
Pedro Strop: "STROPY"

I missed the game but wanted to see how Darvish did. I checked the box score and had to do a quadruple take on the bottom of the ninth. Whaaaa?! Poetic that Bote walked off the Nationals last year and vice versa here.

I watched the replays. Wow. Hey. it’s a memory. Just the wrong way.

I missed the game but wanted to see how Darvish did. I checked the box score and had to do a quadruple take on the bottom of the ninth. Whaaaa?! Poetic that Bote walked off the Nationals last year and vice versa here.

I watched the replays. Wow. Hey. it’s a memory. Just the wrong way.
5-0 in the 8th,, 5-1 in the middle of the 9th. And they lose. Couldn't watch the end.

Why Bote on third when he didn't do so great at Short yesterday? Same problem on 3rd. KB would have gotten that one.

Jon barely held it together. I was really worried in the first innings that he would make it through. Chatty did pretty good. What I like about Chatwood is his attitude. He always looks like he really enjoys what he does. He claps for his team who do something good in the outfield. Jon just expects them to do their job.

This Little League World Series coverage is a trip. The Pirates were there first and the received a relatively lukewarm reception and degree of interest from the kids. Then the Cubs show up and its like the Beatles came to town. KB is like the Pied Piper.

This Little League World Series coverage is a trip. The Pirates were there first and the received a relatively lukewarm reception and degree of interest from the kids. Then the Cubs show up and its like the Beatles came to town. KB is like the Pied Piper.
I was looking at the videos and photos online today. It looked the like "big kids" were having as much as the younger kids. The slide down the hill on cardboard looked like fun.

Bote also got sent down to Iowa today. Almora still hasn't played in a game there. Zobrist is also at Iowa now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter