Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I have a new offseason project in mind for myself. I'm going to start putting together a Cubs Pandora bracelet. I bought a $30 bracelet at Josten's and lost one of the charms. I brought it back about a month later and the replaced it. I wore it this weekend and lost BOTH the charms on it. I want a nice piece of jewelry to wear to games and not garbage like the Josten's bracelet. I'm mulling bringing it back AGAIN for some kind of replacement that won't break or fall apart.

In any case, there are cool Pandora charms out there and I thought I would start a little bracelet with a the Cubs ones and a couple of blue and red glass charms. I would also add a ladybug charm in honor of my mother who was a big Cubs fan (the ladybug is her spirit animal).

I have a new offseason project in mind for myself. I'm going to start putting together a Cubs Pandora bracelet. I bought a $30 bracelet at Josten's and lost one of the charms. I brought it back about a month later and the replaced it. I wore it this weekend and lost BOTH the charms on it. I want a nice piece of jewelry to wear to games and not garbage like the Josten's bracelet. I'm mulling bringing it back AGAIN for some kind of replacement that won't break or fall apart.

In any case, there are cool Pandora charms out there and I thought I would start a little bracelet with a the Cubs ones and a couple of blue and red glass charms. I would also add a ladybug charm in honor of my mother who was a big Cubs fan (the ladybug is her spirit animal).
I told you my SIL lost both of her charm's of the Josten at Miller Park ~when we BEAT THE BREWERS!!!!!!!!!! Then my blue stone popped off the last game I was at. Josten replaced both of ours, but I hear ya. I am too afraid to wear it outside the house anymore. I did use jewelry glue to seal the link that goes onto the bracelet part but am still worried. The ladybug charm is :goodvibes. I like lighter weight type stuff so Pandora would be an adjustment for me, but I do admire all the cool ways they can be designed! Didn't Celia get one recently?

Last edited:
it's getting closer!:cool1:

DT6mDw5VQAEp6qX.jpg

Great idea! This Christmas, I received an Origami Owl necklace with Cubs related charms inside. Can't wait to put it on during baseball season!

We have a new catcher in the mix, gang! ( Victor is def trade bait now...)
Source confirms: Free-agent catcher Chris Gimenez to #Cubs on minor-league deal. Chance to make the team ahead of Caratini as the backup to Contreras. First reported: @ChrisCotillo.

Bait for Darvish as rumor has it Giminez is Darvish's favorite catcher and worked with him after his TJ surgery :scratchin

Last edited:
El Mago made a baby appear!!!!! Javy's got a little one on the way! I am guessing girl.....
DUT94WPVAAklEF3.jpg

The Brewers just acquired Christian Yelich(AKA Sid from Toy Story:rotfl:jk, I'm sure he's a nice guy) from the Marlin's, and Lorenzo Cain from KC. Their supply of OF's is as crowded as the Cub's now,lol. They just continue to copy the North side.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...outfielder-christian-yelich-milwaukee-brewers

Derek Jeter is certainly a thorn in the Cub's side this off-season~ trading his top players to our rival's :rolleyes: Brewers will prob trade for SP now, at least that would be something they SHOULD do to stay in contention. The silence around Jake is concerning to me....Brewers made an offer Darvish as well.

interesting article:
https://theathletic.com/222231/2018...ony-rizzo-think-change-will-be-good-for-cubs/

Last edited:
You should be paid top salary exec work, screening these articles for us. VP of Awesome.

I feel like I’m earning an A but hardly studying.

tenor.gif
shucks....just sharing the Cub chatter with y'all! (but thanks! It's my therapy from real life, lol) I'm open to financial compensation~ but it would change the dynamic from fun to work...just sayin'

a little memory to get us through the next few weeks until pitchers/catcher's report

I am also kind of missing Avila. We al love the GIF of Javy's stand-up slide,
082117_baez_slide_med.gif
but many forget it weas Alex's hit that drove him in

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter