Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Wow, Rizzo was ready to mix it up!

I'd be okay with that :bitelip:.
You'd wish that fate on Addie? banish him to BALTIMORE? For a rental with our pitching struggling as much as it is? A cost control player just to watch Machado go elsewhere later...ummmmmm, it's a no from me.

I like a nice and tidy game every once and a while. Hopefully Yu settles down some now...getting his first w!
FlyTheDoubleYu_YuDarvish_MLBPA_BreakingT.jpg

3 way tie for second...1.5 back from first.

Braves DFA Bautista..they couldn't have done that a week ago? It was his 3 run homer that cost the game :rolleyes:

Saw this on twitter...the Red's truly do not give a ______ every position but pitcher is incorrect for today's game :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
DdmF07NX4AAt98b.jpg

Last edited:
Saw this on twitter...the Red's truly do not give a ______ every position but pitcher is incorrect for today's game :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
DdmF07NX4AAt98b.jpg

It makes absolutely no sense. 2 centerfielders too, lol.

Machado for 3 months vs Russell for 3 years. If it’s as simple as that it doesn’t make a lot of sense. Can they sign and trade and lock him in longer? I’ll have to read a bit more to learn the rest of it.

Machado for 3 months vs Russell for 3 years. If it’s as simple as that it doesn’t make a lot of sense. Can they sign and trade and lock him in longer? I’ll have to read a bit more to learn the rest of it.
Machado's agent is Boras, The odd's of him agreeing to any extension type deal would literally be historic . The ONLY ammo Cubs have for that is AAJ. He and Manny are great friends, (like cousin's according to AAJ & have dreamt of being on the same MLB team~sound familiar KB/Harper?)...first off, while Machado's offense is better, he is not a SS yet and Addie's defense (when healthy) is above Machodo. Everybody good with moving KB from 3b while Machado gets his bearing's..heading to play-off's? Pretty risky especially since offense and defense have to keep making up for pitching woes. Move KB to RF? Over JHey's defense heading to P/O's? JHey's arm >KB's. Bullpen walking a thin line on being healthy and not burnt out by Sept. Cub's infield Wall of Wonder is very, VERY good. A deal would likely take Addie + a prospect, or Monty..maybe Butler or could even be Bote. (that we don't have/can't give up).if ANY of that way too pricey. When Machado leaves there will be a nice hole in that wall of wonder and in the lineup putting Theo in a position to fill it along with pitching.Everyone screaming for Harper? Well, he isn't an infielder and as unbelievable as Javy is, he can't play 2nd & SS at the same time. So, move Happ to 2B, make AAJ your starting CF. So this year you have Machado as your offesive ringer and maybe Harper next year, if you get him . It's that IF that is brutal. I know Theo is very , very good at getting his guy, but he didn't get Verlander, he didn't get Ohthani, and both Wilson and Darvish with huge struggle once getting here, same could happen with Machado, or an injury. Plus he will be facing NL pitching. I know JHey's contract allows some $ to free up in '19 but not THAT much. Cub's have the $ but the threshold is the issue hand-cuffing them.The FA market is going to be a pretty sweet one, and lot's of teams are going to be competing. The Sox would love Machado and they have the prospects to offer up, but they would prob just flip Machado and Oriole's will make sure that is not allowed in the trade terms. Not to mention Manny not exactly looking to leave one basement team to go to another rebuild. While Addie would be a fantastic player for Baltimore, they need prospects and lots of them so I don't see them getting everything they need for Machado from the Cubs.
All that said, only privy to outside info, as always there is way more to this and I will be proven wrong, lol. Thing is, 50% of what got this team (what's left of it) that W.S was the way they gelled. Piece by piece that is being redone and the growing pains continue. They are all still SO young that no one seems to be allowing consideration for individual growth along with the team growth, I mean, look at Rizzo...a thing as simple as Hinske no longer there sure looks like it has had an effect...another change so soon on something as important as the infield could be costly in every way. Bottom line, I don't think for 3 months, it is worth it. Focus on pitching..because Lester isn't gonna last forever.

ETA: this is like, verbatim what AAJ said last week(except AAJ said *like* cousin's)
Bruce Levine‏ @MLBBruceLevine
Manny Machado talked here today . He said this about playing with his cousin Albert Almora jr” we talked about playing together when we were growing up and winning a World Series together . That is every kids dream.”

ETA:looks like Machado fired Boras and is a client of Dan Lozano-(another skeevy, possibly even worse than Bora$$ piece of work) now...and Lozano is not opposed to his client's doing extension deals..Votto as an example. However, I still think he would prefer to test free agency ~but the Cubs DO take care of their players/players families. Still doesn't change my mind on it's too costly to get him , as in not only losing Addie but facing the upcoming costs of Rizzo, Baez, Willy, KB, etc. AAJ will have to take a big discount if he wants his buddy, lol..just like KB will have to to get Harper(who will just get hurt as soon as the ink dries)

Last edited:

Jobie and J-Hey in Center...are we doing like softball and having a short fielder also? ;)
I wonder if Happ could pull off catcher.
I like Rizzo, but don't see him at short.
KB could do 1B I think...height is usually a good asset there.

391B966D-C32F-44C3-BA58-4B5BE4E8C586.jpeg

Ian Happ’s new nickname is “deadpan”. Belongs in the old Wild West. No smiling allowed. Zobrist belongs there too, the preacher. An article from last year perfectly described Lackey as the guy the sheriff throws out of town 3 days before the real bad guy arrives. **oops ETA: John Lackey, who still looks like someone the sheriff throws out of town three scenes before the real bad guy is even introduced**

Happ looks like the real bad guy. Maybe the sheriff.

Last edited:
View attachment 324023

Ian Happ’s new nickname is “deadpan”. Belongs in the old Wild West. No smiling allowed. Zobrist belongs there too, the preacher. An article from last year perfectly described Lackey as the guy the sheriff throws out of town 3 days before the real bad guy arrives. **oops ETA: John Lackey, who still looks like someone the sheriff throws out of town three scenes before the real bad guy is even introduced**

Preacher and Deadpan, NAILED IT! lol Wade always reminded me of Clint Eastwood when he took the mound
7grXg_s-200x150.gif

View attachment 324023

Even Tommy is smiling and you don't see him do that much on the field.

fate spared me the cringe-worthy game ,missed all but the last inning. I go to see the comeback homer by Happ (well, only needed 9 more:rotfl2:)

I'm just gonna repeat here, fahgetabouht these Machado /Harper distractions..

GET SOME STARTING PITCHING CONSISTENCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Nice play between Schwarber and Javy at second base.

And Javy's save of the last out in the 9th just now.

Last edited:
The Force was not strong with the Cubs tonight. :darth::chewy: I was feeling the KB walk-off from '15 against Cleveland there in the 8th...but no repeat.:(Lester pitched that one too. Oh well. I am ok with Joe's bunt call , I think Cleveland was expecting Javy to hit based on his triple last night off of Miller so the bunt was unexpected,,,just needed it to go 3 feet to the right esp w/Rizzo running. I also think Joe thought Addie was a decent back up plan and that was ONE awkward 3rd strike swing.. Speaking of Addie, just another 2 feet and we are up 3-0. Rajai the Cub killer. As the famous Grandpa Rossy would say~
"Turn the page, boys" (and I guess maybe they Like 4th place? These guys have never really been there before)
I sure wish they could shift tomorrows day off to July sometime.

Hopefully the Giants still suck this weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter