Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

HOW is Natalie's baby this big already? He's gonna break some hearts for sure, Dan. Wish he could have seen a better outcome but Rizzo's 1,000 is pretty cool! The Championship hardware looks good on him :thumbsup2
Yes, that is Christopher, her younger one, 9 years old now (second one from the left in my signature). Jeremy is 11. (first on the left) I think I seriously need to update those pictures. :blush:

STL making things interesting again...don't count them out (said no Cub fan, ever) especially since we meet again for the last 3 games in September.

Last edited:

Watching the last half of the game hurt too much, so switched over to The Pride of the Yankees on TCM instead. Sad ending either way.

OH MY STARS. Bote hit a Grand Slam walk off home run. Bote has got to stay. Hey Chicago what'd you say, Cubs are going to win today.

Joe shouldn't have let Kintzler pitch against his old team. He's still too messed up about them firing him. That must have been real hard for him both nights.

Hamels pitched lights out tonight. He didn't deserve the team losing. So they didn't lose it. Scherzer also pitched a great game tonight though.

Last edited:
I sold my tix for tonight. Lol.

Amaaaazing ! !
Me too! But my season ticket partner asked me to take them off of SH this morning where they were languishing $20 below face value. He got to see a dandy game!

Dkcu1AEV4AEhBgk.jpg

Bote's swing,bat flip, flying around the bases was friggin' EPIC!
091516_cubs_flag_med_3_fqqoz3ho.gif

Hamel's sent down 21 in a row..21!!!!!!
kudos to every Cub batter in the 9th! Willy especially..great ab psyching the pitcher out , getting him too anxious. This team is a singular..and THEY HAVE NO QUIT!

Me too! But my season ticket partner asked me to take them off of SH this morning where they were languishing $20 below face value. He got to see a dandy game!

I bought mine presale in February or so (15% premium), then they move to nightgame, high volume of people thinking same thing, ended up selling on SH for 50% loss. But someone loved it (if they didn’t leave early).

Cant remember ever seeing 0-3 become 4-3 on a walkoff. Wow. I know we were all thinking how great it would be for Bote and his late bloomer story etc... then that low strike 2 was ouch... and then it felt like a dream sort of.

I hope you guys were listening to Pat and Ron and not ESPN...they went nuts! Reminded me of the game Coomer was in(another Angel Hernandez crap call ), the one Hernandez tossed Mongo out of after singing the 7th~ when Pat and Ron Santo called the crazy Girardi run down win . Just Glorious. Let's hope this jolt of stellar pitching and walk off get the bats going.

here ya go...wait for Len at the end :thumbsup2(don't get too excited Len, lol)
https://twitter.com/RandallJSanders/status/1028851919878586368

Last edited:
I loved how the ESPN announcers were salivating all over Scherzer's strike outs and then finally in the 7th ... "Oh, Hamels has 9 too." Better yet, I loved how they said that Bote's walk off grand slam wiped away Scherzer's great game. Pfffffttttt!
there was already an article released on the wed with the GEM of a W Scherzer threw :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: WHUPS!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter