Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I think I'm going to barf ...

It's reported that the Cubs are going to acquire Daniel Murphy from the Nats. I *hate* Daniel Murphy. Like really, really, really hate him. I don't think I dislike another player as much as I dislike Murphy. Ugh.

I think I'm going to barf ...

It's reported that the Cubs are going to acquire Daniel Murphy from the Nats. I *hate* Daniel Murphy. Like really, really, really hate him. I don't think I dislike another player as much as I dislike Murphy. Ugh.
Deal is done. I am as repulsed as you are. Gonna have to go with the out hit the opponent strategy with the Darvish news. I am still scarred from 2015..was at the playoff game he crushed us in (well he killed us that entire sweep)..Cub Killer. Better damn well be THAT Daniel Murphy that shows up. Who would have thought that Bote's grand slam would lead to this? That loss sent the Nat's reeling .Harper to the Dodger's (well 95% sure on that one) Murphy sucks as a fielder, can't run...his bat is all this is about. Guess it'll be Javy at SS with Addie coming in for late inning defense dbl switching Javy to 2nd. Zo platooning outfield. This also tells me KB is not coming back soon...or at the very least in a very limited capacity as Murphy can *play*, 1,2 3rd. Brutal result of offense slumping hard. a triple A guy went to the Nat's, Andruw Monasterio and a player to be named or cash consideration. This HAS to be based on the last 3 weeks of the (and STL Series) of the season. Murphy's numbers at Wrigley are crazy good. Now recovering form Knee surgery isn't good and who knows if he was in the Bote games instead of the DiFo error~ do the bases get loaded? In Theo I trust but this is a very bitter pill to swallow.

Yokin Cornelius is Cub
yukon-cornelius-gif-7.gif

Nat's 1st baseman Matt Adams was sent to St. Louis for cash

Last edited:
KB is taking live BP in Detroit right now.....
update:his follow thru is waaay different. Obviously to accommodate the shoulder but :scared:

Last edited:
I would really hate to be a Nats fan right now. It always makes me sad when a team sells off their good players.

Last edited:

I would really hate to be a Nats fan right now. It always makes me sad when a team sells off their good players.
especially when the fan base would rather see Davey go than the players:rolleyes1 12-1 loss to the Marlin's was the final nail. Theo smelled blood and got Murphy for peanuts. I am not fan of booing a player in their home park (except for Ryan Braun :rotfl2:) Murphy's reception will be an interesting one. Probs a good thing they are on the road:P

They are just renting Murphy for the rest of the season, right? Isn't he a free agent come the end of baseball season?

Darvish is out the rest of the season. I think it's a good idea for him to rest, recover and come back stronger in the spring. Addie was scratched today due to shoulder inflammation. I wonder if Murphy can make it to Detroit in time :teleport:.

Darvish is out the rest of the season. I think it's a good idea for him to rest, recover and come back stronger in the spring. Addie was scratched today due to shoulder inflammation. I wonder if Murphy can make it to Detroit in time :teleport:.
at least they finally have a specific injury.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ter-elbow-injury-diagnosed-as-stress-reaction

Matt Garza had the same injury

So 126 million for 5 year contract at this point and even MORE pressure on Yu to be hot right out of the gate in ST. I know he takes the whole not letting the team/fans down thing pretty seriously..so this has to be weighing mightily on him.
Addie for sure needs the rest. AAJ said his hand is fine to play now so Happ or Zo at 2b with Javy starting what will become his new position at SS. When Murphy play 2B prob need to deploy the 5 min infield again :rotfl2:. Rizzo gonna need to be Stretch Armstrong and El Mago will be pulling magic tricks out of the bag like sunflower seeds

Last edited:
This is the part of baseball I just don't like - the changing of players. Ugh.

Also, Robin would you elaborate on your dislike of Murphy? Is he bringing a big ego?? Pam, it sounds like your dislike is based on our past with him - hoping that works in our favor now.

I'm wondering what bringing Murphy to the Cubs does for Addi... I can't imagine this is good for him. More ugh.

Also, Robin would you elaborate on your dislike of Murphy? Is he bringing a big ego?? Pam, it sounds like your dislike is based on our past with him - hoping that works in our favor now.

I'm wondering what bringing Murphy to the Cubs does for Addi... I can't imagine this is good for him. More ugh.
I don't mind players with big egos or those who are flashy. I hate him because of 2015 NLDS when he was with the Muts. He was an indifferent player during the regular season but somehow became the star of the NLDS against the Cubs. Time and time again, he is a thorn in the Cubs' side. First for the Muts and then for the Nats. I usually respect a player on the other team that is good. I like a LOT of players that most Cub fans don't like: Ryan Braun, Yadi Molina, Yasiel Puig to name a few. But I don't respect Murphy because he meteoric rise in the 2015 playoffs had no rhyme or reason. If he was great the whole time and stayed great, I'd like him. But he was pretty bad in most of 2015 until he hit the playoffs and then he knee-capped the Cubs.

And yes, I think they are bringing Smurphy ... I mean Murphy ... in for Addie. That and for his bat which has been pretty good this year.

Robin and Fin feel so strongly against him.

Seems the Cubs are his muse though. You’d admit if he works out and we make a deep run you’ll cut him some slack. Right?

A “maybe” is ok too. : )

well I gotta go to work and find a lucky shirt, bobblehead, hat, jewelery....SOMETHING! None of my usual one's are working anymore. This is a SERIOUS slump that may take Murphy down instead of him bringing the offense up. Yowza.

On the up side, Rizzo hit a homer for his Momma's birthday! Such a good boy!

Last edited:
This is the part of baseball I just don't like - the changing of players. Ugh.

yeah...2015 is my irritation and his non team player attitude, not really his ego. He seems aloof, almost smug. I don't think he was expecting to be traded either and not too sure he wants to be Cub. (and I HATE that he talks an Umps ear off) I am guessing he will be DH tomorrow? I can't imagine him at 2b with Lester pitching on what is becoming a huge game to win.
Robin and Fin feel so strongly against him.

Seems the Cubs are his muse though. You’d admit if he works out and we make a deep run you’ll cut him some slack. Right?

A “maybe” is ok too. : )

I'll be the FIRST to admit , seriously, I WANT the guy to be a catalyst but he is used to stellar pitching, and has to adjust on the fly. Not sure he can wrap his head around that. I am leaning heavily on his past offensive numbers at Wrigley and getting runs early so our bullpen can lock it down, if their arms haven't fallen off by then. Honestly the slump this offense is in might be bigger than what one Daniel Murphy (or Babe Ruth for that matter) can jump start.I would also like Cishek to start the first inning of Hendrick's games (tho the first run wasn't really on Kyle, it was defense) Scouting report on Bote went out PDQ and Willy...I am honestly dumbfounded. So many 0-4 appearances. I would like to see our 1st place standing go past Friday. I would also like to fly the W, lol.

Last edited:
Addie officially on the 10 day DL , sprained middle finger. Honestly? This should have been done when he was struggling right after the AS break. Please heal fast, gonna need the defense!
Here is one of the first interviews with Murphy

https://twitter.com/ChicagoSports/status/1032364348189028352.

Now, I will TRY and accept this guy as Cub...but I will never, EVER accept him wearing this. :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1:

I just can't. Rossy.....I'm SO sorry!

DlOc486XsAEQVF9.jpg

Hey, we'd better be careful. Those three home runs might have been the single runs for the yesterday and the next two games.

Does Players Weekend start today or tomorrow? The nicknames look pretty good, except for players like LaStella who once again forgot to give them his nickname and he's just got LaStella on his shirt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter