Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

It appears that the Padres are on a roll and they beat the Brewers yesterday. That makes me feel a tiny bit better.

On to the Bucs! #LetsGo!

Friday the 13th~
13 total runs scored

9 by the CUBBIE'S!
3 HR's and Grandpa Rossy hits his 99th career bomb! Hammel pitched a great game and is now 5-0..smokin'!
maxresdefault.jpg

Jake on the mound tomorrow, we have a wedding so will miss the game, but

images

It appears that the Padres are on a roll and they beat the Brewers yesterday. That makes me feel a tiny bit better.

On to the Bucs! #LetsGo!
Padres's played well against us, plain and simple. Our bullpen did the job, just errors and no bats on Wed. Like I said, these kids do not like to lose, lol, winning is way more fun. They wanted to start the weekend right!

Friday the 13th~
13 total runs scored

9 by the CUBBIE'S!
3 HR's and Grandpa Rossy hits his 99th career bomb! Hammel pitched a great game and is now 5-0..smokin'!
maxresdefault.jpg

Jake on the mound tomorrow, we have a wedding so will miss the game, but

images
I know that Ross doesn't want us to write him in for the All Stars, but I'm starting to think he really deserves it.

I gotta dig up batting averages for catchers and see where he is. His defense is stellar.

I know that Ross doesn't want us to write him in for the All Stars, but I'm starting to think he really deserves it.

I gotta dig up batting averages for catchers and see where he is. His defense is stellar.
yes it is...and pretty sure a LOT of people will be writing him in. Every time he plays I hear the crowd chanting "One more year!" I *think* his average is around .250 if I heard right today. Fed is doing great too, Miggy in Iowa getting ready to return. Pretty sure Schwarb's is playing close attention ;)

Joining in, Northside Cubs fan for over 70 years. This may be THE year. They need to do it soon, I'm not getting any younger, and like so many, would like to see it in my lifetime.

Also, an added thought on Kirsten's earlier post (hi Kirsten :wave: ) the Cubs have not always not had any trouble with ticket sales. Sales took off during and after the '84 season. Before that, many games and years the park was more empty than the Cell is now. I recall going in the 50's and 60's when the park was really empty. After the 3rd inning you could sit anywhere you wanted, box seats or otherwise. When John McDonough, a master marketer, (now with the Blackhawks since 2007), came aboard in 1983, things really changed.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHC/attend.shtml

Go Cubs!!

Joining in, Northside Cubs fan for over 70 years. This may be THE year. They need to do it soon, I'm not getting any younger, and like so many, would like to see it in my lifetime.

Also, an added thought on Kirsten's earlier post (hi Kirsten :wave: ) the Cubs have not always not had any trouble with ticket sales. Sales took off during and after the '84 season. Before that, many games and years the park was more empty than the Cell is now. I recall going in the 50's and 60's when the park was really empty. After the 3rd inning you could sit anywhere you wanted, box seats or otherwise. When John McDonough, a master marketer, (now with the Blackhawks since 2007), came aboard in 1983, things really changed.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHC/attend.shtml

Go Cubs!!
Glad you joined in Dan!

I might get to see the first inning but then off to the wedding (didn't they look at the schedule before setting the date? sheesh :rolleyes1:P)

images

really want sweep #2 today but going to need a pretty big rally in the 9th ..LET'S GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well we almost turned it around, avoided the shutout ~ but that's in the past and off to Milwaukee and then San Francisco! Our record tho~ still one of the prettiest things I've seen this spring!
images

Last edited:
Joe Houdini'd the crap outta the 12th inning! Cub's win 2-1 in the 13th, Travis Wood seals the deal! This team is the best entertainment out there, LOVE THEM!
upload_2016-5-19_4-56-47.jpeg

Who else is tired this morning? How embarrassing for the Brew Crew to walk in the winning run.

My DH and I decided to go for an impromptu trip to Miller Park. Score is currently tied.

DF02F79C-F657-4B91-BF66-5ABD9F846030_zpslgnezxbw.jpg

nothing like a Cubbie W to take the bummer out of our vacation being over~ this thread was sure quiet while I was gone!

upload_2016-6-1_22-8-20.jpeg

I didn't know you were on vacation Pam! I hope it was fun :).

I went to the game on Sunday and brought home the W. My next game is next Sunday with Jakey on the mound.

I didn't know you were on vacation Pam! I hope it was fun :).

I went to the game on Sunday and brought home the W. My next game is next Sunday with Jakey on the mound.
we road tripped from N'Ville to Sedona, Grand Canyon, Page and Monument Valley~ needed 2 more weeks lol! Our DD flew in from San Francisco and met us in Phoenix so it was great to see her. My first time to all those places, weather was incredible and the scenery, only thing that can come close (besides Florida) is a Cub's win! If I could afford Sedona~ color me gone, can see my Cubbies at spring training :D:thumbsup2 Glad you are getting to the games~ we go the 17th, Bleacher's Baby! Love the sun (let's hope it is there) Any game getting to see Jake is a great one, have a blast!

today was one of the most beautiful I can remember, oh~ and the CUBS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
images

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!