Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Hey Fin...I pulled up Windermere. First house listed...$23 mil. Ummmm, I'm getting a raise at the new job, but not that much. Even without interest, at my salary it would take hundreds of years. Umm, no!

Am I seeing champagne taste on a beer budget syndrome here? :lmao:

I'm seeing a bunch in pre-forclosure/auction on Zillow, but can't see any details unless I have an account. Makes me wonder if I could potentially pick up something cheap from forclosure. If that $23 mil got knocked down to $23 K, then that's more in my price range. :rotfl2:
You are looking the uber UBER high rent district of Windermere. While not starter home territory, there are definitely non 7 figure homes. You were prob zoned in on my DD's old boss' street .$23K, would cover their dock. Here is an example of a more typical listing https://www.redfin.com/FL/Windermere/6558-Helmsley-Cir-34786/home/46666605
The central town area (main street) still retains that old Florida feel to me. Area to the west still has some homes on sand roads. Police station is small but mighty. The drive to WDW is easy peasy (Apopka Vineland)from there and not far at all from Sand Lake road with tons of restaurants. One of my fav places to eat is in nearby Gotha..Yellow Dog Eats
Dr.Phillips area is nice too. You can hit *that other Theme Park* daily if over there. A lot Depends on your commute really..on a home's location. Four Corners has some newly developed areas, as does Cleremont. Are you guys interested in renting first? To get a feel for neighborhoods etc? Winter Park is also beautiful, far less cookie cutter homes. Great town area..but a bit of a hike needing the tolls on the 408 a lot.
My DDs old boss lives off of Lake Butler/Bridge House Road(at least they used to, been a few years since DD worked there) ..on an estate...he owns the company...lol

https://www.12up.com/posts/6194485-...oLm5ldCIsICJrbF9jb21wYW55X2lkIjogImJ1WjNqRSJ9

Back from five nights at BRV and blessed that we don't live in the panhandle. Those poor people.

My SIL's brother lives on Okaloosa Island, Michael was something.

I think the Cubs would avoid a buy out on Hamels for sure, Looking for a 2 year deal having TX eat up some of that contract. I can't wait for regular season play again, when 99% of the teams don't pull an intentional coward cop out and actually use their SP. Watching Hamel's, Lester, Hendricks, Verlander, Cole etc. is fantastic baseball, the true game. I get pulling a guy when things are not going well, but to limit a SP who has made his whole career trying to give his team 6 or 7, being manipulated just for the win is sad and cowardly IMHO. Zero respect for teams that are doing this in the 2 inning already. Francona started it with Andrew Miller~ but at least he waited until the 4th . Cubs have had to resort to bullpen days themselves, but not due to intentionally lifting a SP. I admire them for letting their players have a chance to do what they became athletes for. Can you just imagine telling Jake, Lester, Verlander...yeah, you're our Ace but, ummm, you get to see 5 or 6 guys and then we'll take it from there. I wish I could see the Verlander/ Sale match-up tonight..the way the game is meant to be! 165 days to go 'till the Cubs are back!

Last edited:

Well folks...I've fallen behind yet again.

Just in case you want to know why...

I've taken a position in Orlando. Yep, although there are many things about Disney that piss me off (most notably their IT systems that seem to be broken more than they work and paying to park as if you don't charge enough already), but I intend to make good use of my AP and not necessarily spend a small fortune to go there now.

So, Fin, my dream of moving to FL is becoming a reality. I start work at the new job on the 22nd.

That brings me to the why of falling behind yet again. Been working two jobs, been filling out paperwork for new job, been house hunting. Hmmm, did I forget anything? I would say sleep, but there hasn't been as much of that as I'd like.

So...two things beside this I'd like to say:
1) I started a new TR (shameless plug)
2) If you come down to visit the mouse, PM me and I'll see what I can do to help.
Congratulations on your move to Orlando! You're not working for The Mouse are you?

My SIL's brother lives on Okaloosa Island, Michael was something.

I think the Cubs would avoid a buy out on Hamels for sure, Looking for a 2 year deal having TX eat up some of that contract. I can't wait for regular season play again, when 99% of the teams don't pull an intentional coward cop out and actually use their SP. Watching Hamel's, Lester, Hendricks, Verlander, Cole etc. is fantastic baseball, the true game. I get pulling a guy when things are not going well, but to limit a SP who has made his whole career trying to give his team 6 or 7, being manipulated just for the win is sad and cowardly IMHO. Zero respect for teams that are doing this in the 2 inning already. Francona started it with Andrew Miller~ but at least he waited until the 4th . Cubs have had to resort to bullpen days themselves, but not due to intentionally lifting a SP. I admire them for letting their players have a chance to do what they became athletes for. Can you just imagine telling Jake, Lester, Verlander...yeah, you're our Ace but, ummm, you get to see 5 or 6 guys and then we'll take it from there. I wish I could see the Verlander/ Sale match-up tonight..the way the game is meant to be! 165 days to go 'till the Cubs are back!
It was nice to see that Kershaw only got three plus innings last night. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

I’m not a Cubs fan, or a fan of any professional sports team for that matter, but wanted to note the 15th anniversary of the Steve Bartman game. I will always remember the day of that game, since my wife went into labor with our first child! I remember some of the medical staff talking about the incident that night and seeing the stories in the news the next day (when my son was actually born after a long night).

I’m not a Cubs fan, or a fan of any professional sports team for that matter, but wanted to note the 15th anniversary of the Steve Bartman game. I will always remember the day of that game, since my wife went into labor with our first child! I remember some of the medical staff talking about the incident that night and seeing the stories in the news the next day (when my son was actually born after a long night).
Happy Birthday to your son! Wish he had a better headline story on his entrance to the world, lol.

Missing the Cub's like crazy but the other games have been FANtastic for me this weekend!!!!!!!!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I would like to see Red Sox / Dodgers, not a fan of dome baseball..especially for a WS.
Despise the Dodgers. Looking for Astros-Brewers. Or Red Sox-Brewers. Used to live in Houston for years and went to a few Astro games in the Astrodome before they built the new stadium.

Despise the Dodgers. Looking for Astros-Brewers. Or Red Sox-Brewers. Used to live in Houston for years and went to a few Astro games in the Astrodome before they built the new stadium.
I'm not a fan of ANY of what's left, so my interest is in the venue's at this point, lol. After everything a lot of teams went through with weather this year, I would love to see what Mother Nature brings for the WS.

I wish we still had Hinske....will be watching that intently, I'd be intrigued at a duo of Haines/Hinske, definitely

and, since Hyde is being sought after, a new Bench Coach may also be needed....
tenor.gif

(altho, I'd rather Rossy get some Coaching experience first)

Cubs name Anthony Iapoce as new hitting coach. Welcome back to the Cubs, Anthony~3 years with TX.Theo likes shopping at the TX Rangers lol

Cubs name Anthony Iapoce as new hitting coach. Welcome back to the Cubs, Anthony~3 years with TX.Theo likes shopping at the TX Rangers lol
I just read that too but I know nothing about him. I had been really excited about Chili Davis last year. I hope Iapoce can work well with the team.

I just read that too but I know nothing about him. I had been really excited about Chili Davis last year. I hope Iapoce can work well with the team.
He's all about launch angle and has had great success with the Ranger's, but that is a hitter's park so I am taking it with a grain of salt. He left the Cubs 3 years ago, (worked pretty closely with Mallee) and was close with a lot of the minor league guys, and influential in development stage. He used to wear the #27...wonder if it will be available to him :rolleyes1
DpkzBRPXUAIKiAb.jpg

Photo from Tony Andracki

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/c...y-iapoce-chili-davis-maddon-rangers-contreras

Speaking of Addie, read this today
https://www.bleachernation.com/2018...-trade-fits-there-maybe-even-for-a-shortstop/

I wish we still had Hinske....will be watching that intently, I'd be intrigued at a duo of Haines/Hinske, definitely

and, since Hyde is being sought after, a new Bench Coach may also be needed....
tenor.gif

(altho, I'd rather Rossy get some Coaching experience first)
Twins were looking at Rossy for manager position.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter