Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I don’t think he’s ready either. He has pretty much zero experience.
I could see bench coach, esp on a team that has Management locked in for 2+ years, but then again a lot of catcher's have been really successful as Manager's. Not to mention their experience with the Umps. Their brains have to work overtime the whole game, so I can see why they do well. He is familiar with a LOT of the current pitching, and is also very strategic. I am really curious to see how it all plays out for him. I do know he can command respect and knows how to tell guys if they are too big for their britches, so that's good. He would be one of the youngest ever to be a Manager, but if he IS interested, gotta start somewhere.

I could see bench coach, esp on a team that has Management locked in for 2+ years, but then again a lot of catcher's have been really successful as Manager's. Not to mention their experience with the Umps. Their brains have to work overtime the whole game, so I can see why they do well. He is familiar with a LOT of the current pitching, and is also very strategic. I am really curious to see how it all plays out for him. I do know he can command respect and knows how to tell guys if they are too big for their britches, so that's good. He would be one of the youngest ever to be a Manager, but if he IS interested, gotta start somewhere.
Absolutely. I think he might make a great manager some day but not for a while for him to make the transition to coaching first.

Absolutely. I think he might make a great manager some day but not for a while for him to make the transition to coaching first.
plus the whole family thing :confused3 unless 2 years has been long enough, lol. He still seems to travel enough with his ESPN gig. Clearly his *position* with the Cubs allows him to make his own hours:rotfl2:

in case anyone forgot, Justin Wilson is a FA. Anyone care to offer if they think Theo is gonna wanna keep him? I don't think Wilson wants to be Cub, he has never really seemed to care much, but then again I didn't follow him on the Tiger's so what I have seen of him may be his demeanor no matter the team.

FYI, MLB made extra sure to keep scheduling fair for the Division next season ~NOT! Total combined days off in Aug/Sept(the geniuses scheduled the Cubs w/5 days off in March/ April)

Bucco's - 6
STL - 5
Red's - 4
Cubs - 3
Brewers - 7

Cubs schedule closed out against STL/Buccos/STL w 3 days off
At least we don't have to have ASB shortened(yet) for
sake of ESPN wanting a night game for ratings

Challenge accepted, again.

Last edited:
FYI, MLB made extra sure to keep scheduling fair for the Division next season ~NOT! Total combined days off in Aug/Sept(the geniuses scheduled the Cubs w/5 days off in March/ April)
STL - 5
Bucco's - 6
Red's - 4
Brewers - 7
Cubs - Cubs schedule closed out against STL/Buccos/STL w 3 days off
At least we dont have to have ASB shortened(yet) for

I was really mad when I found out that the Brewers had every single Thursday off in September this year. So, we only have 3 days off between Aug-Sept in 2019? Those days off won't stand with more rain delays and we'll be in the exact same spot as this year.

STL - 5
Bucco's - 6
Red's - 4
Brewers - 7
Cubs - Cubs schedule closed out against STL/Buccos/STL w 3 days off
At least we dont have to have ASB shortened(yet) for

I don't get it!!! Why is this even allowed, especially after it's happened at least 2 years in a row, and why can't our management file complaints with MLB for this crazy scheduling? Unless our 5 days off in March / April are during bad weather, that's no benefit because you know there will likely be more cancelations! There shouldn't be such drastic inequities!

For those interested in the Cub's instead of the team's left in the Playoff's~

Inside Look on NBCS Chicago is featuring Willson Contrera's tonight at 7:30!

I don't get it!!! Why is this even allowed, especially after it's happened at least 2 years in a row, and why can't our management file complaints with MLB for this crazy scheduling? Unless our 5 days off in March / April are during bad weather, that's no benefit because you know there will likely be more cancelations! There shouldn't be such drastic inequities!

MLB? Bud Selig?:rolleyes1

(for those unfamiliar)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bud_Selig

MLB? Bud Selig?:rolleyes1

(for those unfamiliar)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bud_Selig
You have to say it correctly. It's Bud "The Toad" Selig.

budselig.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter