Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Have fun!! My DD has a 3-day swim meet this weekend so I'm going to miss the weekend homestand. My next game is the 21st against the Cards.

It's nice to have Cogs back, but I feel sorry for 'Mendy. It's gotta hurt being traded from the best team in baseball to one of the worst :(.
yeah, prob about how Cog's felt when he was traded to the A's :rolleyes1....and perhaps 'Mendy will get a lot more playing time. All I know is he's back home! Hopefully I bring back W from the Pirate's series and you wrap it up with one from St. Louis! Gonna be a great 6 games!

upload_2016-6-13_9-1-57.jpeg

I'm thinking the Cubs should save some of these run pile ups for later in the year. 13 runs are not needed if the other team has 2. They are make too many runs here early on, maybe they will be worn out by season end? Haha.

Hey Ump~ try not to suck. This guy is apparently on the Nat's payroll. No worries tho~ ADDISON RUSSEL BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I just say I LOVE Len and JD! They are reading my mind on Scherzer, lol

Last edited:
what an effort by Heyward on that HR~Hendricks did a great job thru the first 6. LET'S GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well those annoying Nat's got game 1 (still stand by a few of those K's delivered with a nice red bow by the Ump) Turn the Page boys, go get 'em tomorrow!

So Lackey is coming off of his last 3 wins, and Gonzales has lost his last 4~ so let's keep that trend going!:thumbsup2
The National's Park is a good one for Rizzo...his 2nd best for hitting homers :goodvibes
images
images

AWWWWYEEEAAAAHHHHHHH! Almora Jr. knocks in the winning run! Ross lays a killer bunt to move Russell on and then the double by Almora Jr~what a great game! 4-1 Cubs

tomorrow's game is gonna be another good one~man, I love baseball :cheer2:

I love watching AAJr play, it is like watching my brother's little league games. All the fun and passion that baseball should be!

You know, my opinion of Dusty Baker was about as low as I thought it could go having seen him leave our Cubs
Not the Messiah, Dusty..just WAY more talented than you high and dry when he was the Cubs manager, until I saw him spitting in the Ump's face accusing him of thinking Joe is the Messiah. Little green around the gills, is he? Ump shoulda tossed him~worthless individual. However, we let the Nat's win that one, they are now 2 -7 against us, I'll take it. Another great game until Dusty's display.

Not the Messiah Dusty, just pure confident talent

images
images
images

saw a GREAT game yesterday! Before the game there was a moment of silence for the Orlando shootings, and I honestly think the crowd gave more than a moment~ it was somber but appreciated. Jake getting out of that inning was nothing short of amazing! Getting to see Almora Jr's first game at Wrigley (and he got the start!) was awesome~ the dude has 4 double's in 2 weeks! Then Willson Contreras big league debut was so cool! The look on his face when he came out and shook hands with the ump, the crowd was cheering like crazy for him..gave me chills! :cheer2::woohoo::cheer2::woohoo::cheer2::woohoo:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/06/17/chicago-cubs-willson-contreras-major-league-debut/

images

We were in the bleachers and the weather was nothing shirt of stunning. Unfortunately my DS got hit HARD by what we think is a sinus infection and he suffered terribly but stuck out the game (it was his Christmas gift to me last year, been waiting a long time for it!) Tonight and tomorrow are night games (odd, I know on the weekends) I am assuming since they are on ESPN.

I love the Cubs! upload_2016-6-18_9-59-48.jpeg

Hey! Hey! Been awhile but love watching our Cubbies. Saw Canteras when we went to Arizona for Spring Training. Anxious to see him play again

Another awesome W! 46-20..AMAZING! How about Willson's first major league at bat? A home run BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hendrick's had a stellar game..12 K's, topped his best by 3! I know I said it before, but what a ton of history made at Wrigley this weekend! The home run "rivalry" between Rizzo and Bryant is about as fun as it gets...back to back 2 nights in a row, lol....the best.
I chose a more Disney style "sweep" for today....

images

I chose a more Disney style "sweep" for today....

images
LOVE it!

We listened to the game on the way home from my DD's swim meet. It was a mixed bag this weekend: 2 great events, 2 good events and 4 crappy events. I guess it all evens out.

MLB At Bat is worth it's weight in gold. I listen to the games on my PC and in the car when I can't stand the static on the radio.

I hope that whoever caught Contreras' home run will give it to him. I'm sure security was out in the bleachers pretty much right away to get it back.

LOVE it!

We listened to the game on the way home from my DD's swim meet. It was a mixed bag this weekend: 2 great events, 2 good events and 4 crappy events. I guess it all evens out.

MLB At Bat is worth it's weight in gold. I listen to the games on my PC and in the car when I can't stand the static on the radio.

I hope that whoever caught Contreras' home run will give it to him. I'm sure security was out in the bleachers pretty much right away to get it back.
Cub fan caught it in his mit on the fly..pretty sweet actually. Yep, for sure that needs to get back to Contreras. I mean, I know they guy can hit...really, REALLY good, and the Pirate's were hoping to throw him off a bit but they lobbed a beauty of a pitch and it was GONE!

well you win tons, you lose some. You know, I didn't want my W flag to get damaged in the storms predicted tonight, lol. That's my story and I' sticking to it. By the way ..in case anyone is interested, google Jake Arrieta the Body Issue (would put the link , but might be a no-no, lol) for a little eye candy. You're welcome.

I just got home about 30 minutes ago and am winding down from my drive home. I can't sleep right away when I get home :(.

Tonight's game was good. Contreras let Hammel get a little out of control in the 3rd and didn't go to the mound and help him refocus. Literally, a rookie mistake. That 3rd inning cost us the game. You could see his demeanor change when Concepcion came in to pitch. There was suddenly an ease about him and he looked totally comfortable. I assume they worked together in Iowa since he clapped Concepcion on the back when the inning was over. BTW, Concepcion looks like the REAL DEAL to me. He smoked them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!