Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I completely concur.

I <3 Addie, but if he did indeed beat his wife he can join Chappie and go to another team. I won't be cheering for him again.

When I saw her post last night I didn't see the comment written by her friend accusing him of abuse. I'm not real partial to hashing this kind of stuff out on social media - seems an immature way to deal with this situation. I did notice today that whole post/picture had been taken down.

And Robin, I concur wholeheartedly with your comment.

When I saw her post last night I didn't see the comment written by her friend accusing him of abuse. I'm not real partial to hashing this kind of stuff out on social media - seems an immature way to deal with this situation. I did notice today that whole post/picture had been taken down.

I *hope* that the friend was just trying to smear Addie. I don't follow the personal lives of the players so I was somewhat shocked that he had TWO kids born in 2015 (when her was 21!) to two women. They kinda flies in the face of the "sweet innocent Addie" that's is portrayed on TV. I'm not happy that he's a horndog. I'm not happy when any athlete in a committed relationship is a horndog and thinking about "sweet innocent Addie" having sex with another women while his wife and kids are at home makes me throw up in my mouth a little. He's young and famous and rich. He needs to learn to steer clear of the groupies.

It only matters if the wife views it as DV as she would be the victim. If she says it isn't, what the friend thinks is irrelevant. I've never heard these allegations before so I'm guessing no police reports.

It only matters if the wife views it as DV as she would be the victim. If she says it isn't, what the friend thinks is irrelevant. I've never heard these allegations before so I'm guessing no police reports.
One would think so, but abused women have a skewed sense of what is acceptable violence against them. Being the wife or girlfriend of someone famous (and even beloved) makes it even more difficult to come forward and "get him in trouble". Frankly, I would expect her to deny the allegations even if they are true. Which is why MLB is in the process of investigating it.

Problem is (sorry if I'm sounding like an old fogey here) many of the younger generation feel living their life out on social media is normal/good. Unless this (disboards) is considered social media, I don't have any use for it. I just can't understand how people don't realize...once you put it out there, it's there for eternity.

Well, I thought we were gonna get out of that inning, but Javy couldn't quite get to that little bloop. :sad: After that, I'm thinking, okay, it's tied, but just get out of this inning and we can do this. Then the guy hit the 3 run blast. :sad: Then I had to go to bed and was hoping they'd do something and I'd see a good result this morning.

One would think so, but abused women have a skewed sense of what is acceptable violence against them. Being the wife or girlfriend of someone famous (and even beloved) makes it even more difficult to come forward and "get him in trouble". Frankly, I would expect her to deny the allegations even if they are true. Which is why MLB is in the process of investigating it.

Agreed. I'm just not sure how MLB investigates this if there are no police reports or hospital visits.

I *hope* that the friend was just trying to smear Addie. I don't follow the personal lives of the players so I was somewhat shocked that he had TWO kids born in 2015 (when her was 21!) to two women. They kinda flies in the face of the "sweet innocent Addie" that's is portrayed on TV. I'm not happy that he's a horndog. I'm not happy when any athlete in a committed relationship is a horndog and thinking about "sweet innocent Addie" having sex with another women while his wife and kids are at home makes me throw up in my mouth a little. He's young and famous and rich. He needs to learn to steer clear of the groupies.
Addie has been into certain clubs/groups...for a while.
If I recognize the friends name correctly, she has been part of the "family" for several years..nanny/assistant etc. I believe he was cheating, I believe there was a blow up, I believe he probably got out of control and contact of some sort could have happened. I do not think it was (and I am NOT minimizing any violence, just stating my guess to situation) a full punch to the face or major type blow. She (friend or wife)would have pictures, called the cops etc immediately If it did, and there have been zero reports of that. For people who posted to social media and had thought out wording, I would think they had time to call the cops.The mere fact that both Melissa and her frend were posting instead of dealing with a life altering situation makes me think the abuse situation happened prior to the other day, they just waited purposely until the game to post it. My guess is she asked for divorce or whatever, he denied and we now have a nasty break -up. If he abused her suspension will occur, MLB will handle it.(unlike NFL has been known too) Was it is shove? Did he smack her in the arm? leg? face? or did he throw a kids toy at her? Did she hit him? Did she egg him into knowing she had a witness? All of these scenarios have occurred in real life in the past. I know a person years ago, who's ex brushed against her foot during an argument and she filed it as physical abuse and faked a limp for 3 weeks. Sad she needed to do that, but also sad she lied like that. Doesn't give anyone the right for DV or any violence, just listing ways that things that look like fires get doused pretty quickly. Who knows. Of course the tasteless jokes are all "no way he hit her, he can't hit anything" :rolleyes: I would have to say it's more normal for these super star sports(all sports) guys to cheat than not, and actually a large number of their wives do as well. Anyone remember Mark Grace's off field antics ? He was a staple at the Wrigleyville bars and a different girl every game. Derek Jeter anyone? Pete Rose? Not enough internet space for me to list them all. On 670 the various hosts were trying to determine if a technical investigation was launched vs. accusation as the CPD stated no police report filed to their knowledge. With his "day off" yesterday , I guessing Addie should have gotten in contact with Patrick Kane's Attorney~ the world had him tried and convicted on his assault claim, ending in all charges dropped. Blackhawk's were uber defensive about it all tho, unlike the Cub's at this time. They are being neutral and it's EXACTLY what they need to do. Theo's legal knowledge and demeanor has been invaluable, the team isn't defending or backing Addie while not accusing him at the same time. They have reached out to his wife, and then quickly handed it over to MLB. I was able to listen to all sorts of radio coverage being in the car forever yesterday, lol...it stinks but MOST of these players are not what you see signing autographs, smiling for the camera etc. Anyone else notice KB's different tone this season? He is making absolutely NO commitments to the Cubs, still licking his arbitration wounds. (which he should be irritated with Bora's for not catching that, not the Cubs). Some of the guys grew up fast while living like a little kid, KWIM? The whole situations stinks. I didn't get to watch but followed the game, sounds like Addie would have had the blooper that Javy missed (no slam to Javy...guys is doing all he can) game changer. At the same time, JHey ball just foul of the chalk line, 3 more inches, game changer. Happ gets on in lead-off ahead of KB's homer? Game changer. It's baseball, game of inches, never the same game twice. The Addie thing will die down, mostly because the NEXT super Star story will break. The Organization is in full damage control mode,while being responsible and literally letting Addie know, they will not cover for him of this if true. My guess is he's not long for the team even if cleared of it all. The damage has been done image -wise, just not Cub. Biggest issue for the team is how long do they play a man down? Can't happen for too long, that's for sure.

today lineup~ Addie is in the house, ready to play if needed
All good JuJu to Monty in his first start!!!!!

upload_2017-6-9_12-55-42.jpeg

DB4vDZEXcAAohL_.jpg

Pretend you don't see this post. I went to post a response and had a brain fart/senior moment/whatever, so move along...nothing to see here.
:rotfl2:

I'll see if I can end the misery tomorrow.
You and JHey, lol. Lay a hex on them in the 2nd..seems to be when they like to score. The higher the mountains, the further the fall,,,Rocky Mountain, that is. What can you do? CO playing great baseball Have a fantastic time Dan!

Todays line-up
Addie is back and Schwarb's back in LO~AAJ getting the start
Nice stat on Rizzo per Carrie Muskat`If we could just spread this to the rest of the offense? lol(JHey gets a pass)
Rizzo has a .442 OBP in last 29 Gs since May 7, best in NL in that span, 2nd in MLB to NYY's Judge (.444)

Also, Frankoff posted he ran into non other than Blackmon at dinner last night, (Rockies player gave up his first ML homer to yesterday)a little extra salt at the table for him lol. Said it was nice meeting him. No worries Seth, Blackmon is on fire this season.

Hoping Butler is the secret formula as a former Rockie~
LET'S GET THE W FOR DAN AND HIS FAMILY!!!!!!!Wrigley is ready for you!
DB9t-TqWsAEP3FL.jpg:large

DB9zQVLW0AAi8Zg.jpg:large

Last edited:
I have a 5:30 wedding but catching the first inning (or 2) in hotel bar lol.....wind blowing out big time...Dan, you will see some definite hitter action today

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter