Chicago Marathon 2018 (Oct 7th) DIS Meet Race!

Does anyone have the ability to update their Proof of Time for estimated finish on their Chicago registration? Mine seems to be set to the race time I used to gain auto qualifier status, but my HM time is a much better M race equivalent. Just wondering whether that function isn't available for anyone at the moment. Based on my emails with @cburnett11 from 2016, it was around June/July that POT for corralling was due.

I don’t believe you can update your PoT until later, but admittedly I don’t remember. I’ll try to look at some of my emails. Pretty sad that I don’t know this off the top of my head. :confused3 At any rate, I’m hoping to get to use my upcoming half as PoT this year because it *should* be better than my recent fulls.

Bummer you guys are doing it this year. I ran Chicago last year, 2017. And somehow I missed the meet up for the 2017 Disney Marathon, you know the freezing one with the cancelled half, my wife is still bitter about that one. Oh well. Regarding your PoT you will get a link with your corral assignments in June/July, then you have until August to make corrections. In 2017 they did 3 major waves, with Wave 1 requiring a proof of time. I believe the cutoff last year was 3:45 or less for wave 1. For those with Disney experience (5am starts) Chicago is much later with the first wave going off at 7:30, second wave 8 am and last wave at 8:30. In 2017 it got hot, so being in the first wave was a blessing.

I just wanted to show this thread some love. It's been sitting quiet for too long.

I've got a weekend trip planned to Chicago this weekend so hoping to swing by to check out our race hotel while we are there! Any other things I should stake out in the area while we are there?

Fast passes and dining reservations? I don't even have flights and a hotel yet!

Might want to start scoping out hotels. They seem to have dramatically jumped in price from November (when I booked) to December (when my mom booked). My same hotel went from $300ish to $550ish.

Anyone else made their fast passes and dining reservations yet? Here's my in pencil plan thus far...

screen-shot-2018-04-23-at-1-15-32-pm-png.318666

It seems like you might be missing Friday night pizza at one of the usually recommended establishments...

Yea... I'll see about that. Not sure if I can contain myself at a Pizza place before a penultimate "A" race attempt.

I had it Friday night for both of my previous Chicago races. Year 1 was Lou Malnati. Last year was Giordanos. Both were obviously super crowded. I ran better in year 1, so maybe it was my choice of pizza. Also, I had a very early dinner on Saturday at Eataly in year 1.

Might want to start scoping out hotels. They seem to have dramatically jumped in price from November (when I booked) to December (when my mom booked). My same hotel went from $300ish to $550ish.

Ugh. Guess it’s time then. Last I looked there were still hotels in the $275-325 range. I was trying to figure out how to get away with 2 nights, but I’m afraid my paranoia about missing the Expo makes me leery of flying in Saturday morning and I’m not going to want to fly Sunday evening after a max effort marathon. 3 nights it is, unfortunately.

I've got a weekend trip planned to Chicago this weekend so hoping to swing by to check out our race hotel while we are there! Any other things I should stake out in the area while we are there?

I'm going to need you to eat/drink the following for me (in no particular order):
Cheeseburger at the Billy Goat Tavern
Chicken Vesuvio at Harry Caray's
Escargot Ravioli at Girl & the Goat
Trio, Trio, Trio and a Crab Taco at Topolobampo
Pizza Bread (and basically everything else on the menu) at Sabatino's
Lobster Ravioli at Sapori
Anything on the cocktail menu at The Drifter
Either the lobster dumplings or the six-course tasting menu (it's $49!) at S.K.Y.
Nutella crepes at FoodLife Food Hall

K thx bai.

Last edited:
OMG, How did I miss this on Monday!!!

I kind of want the pierogi trio at Flo and Santo's which is across from my in-laws condo the day before the race. So maybe I will need to try that out on a normal night to make sure!!!
So many options for afterwards, but I hate to make a reservation and then worry about my time, etc. But I probably should. I owe you all a "places to brunch/lunch" post marathon list...something fun to do this weekend maybe.

@DopeyBadger Can you work the below list of Keels foods into my training plan? Will this require 5 extra days per week of running to offset??? Also pro-tip: the Shedd Aquarium has a lunch spot in the Oceanarium with really big windows that look over the lake, skyline and my favorite running path in Chicago. And a starbucks!
The food is "whatever" but the view is nice.

I'm going to need you to eat/drink the following for me (in no particular order):
Cheeseburger at the Billy Goat Tavern
Chicken Vesuvio at Harry Caray's
Escargot Ravioli at Girl & the Goat
Trio, Trio, Trio and a Crab Taco at Topolobampo
Pizza Bread (and basically everything else on the menu) at Sabatino's
Lobster Ravioli at Sapori
Anything on the cocktail menu at The Drifter
Either the lobster dumplings or the six-course tasting menu (it's $49!) at S.K.Y.
Nutella crepes at FoodLife Food Hall

K thx bai.

I have a Chicago Marathon training plan in hand!! Copyright @DopeyBadger Got a mini-cycle with a 10k fitness test at the end that then blends into the real start mid-June. So this means it is officially real. And it starts tonight with a big 2 miles to build that base. Time to fire up my journal again!

When is everyone else starting their official training plans? May, June, July?

Or in the immortal words of @FFigawi "Aren't you always training?"

Thoughts on expo day/DIS meet? I'm planning on going to the expo on Friday. Then, I'd be down for a brief shake out run on Saturday morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!