Chicago Marathon 2018 (Oct 7th) DIS Meet Race!

@roxymama you can’t decide till tomorrow. By Wednesday you should feel normal.

On that note, I feel so much better today. 12 hour car ride will hurt but feeling better and slept good last night. Still not ready to run yet :)

@canglim52 are you also running NYC next month? I know Wendy is but I thought someone else was too.

I believe @cburnett11 is also running NYC.

Yes it's me that's running NYC in addition to @Wendy98 . I really didn't set out to do both races this year, but Chicago registration was super early and THEN when I put in for NYC I figured I'd be rejected for a few years. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally grateful to get to do both. I just didn't expect to get lucky in my first NYC registration attempt. I'm also thrilled that I was able to run strong in Chicago, so now New York will be approached as a very fun race experience. I can't wait!

And then I'm doing the WDW marathon in January with my only goal being to stay with my wife every step to get her through the race. It will be her first. She had to DNS last year when she mysteriously woke up on Tuesday (race week) with a sprained ankle or some other ankle injury.

And then I'm doing the WDW marathon in January with my only goal being to stay with my wife every step to get her through the race. It will be her first. She had to DNS last year when she mysteriously woke up on Tuesday (race week) with a sprained ankle or some other ankle injury.

Not very nice of you to be kicking her in the middle of the night like that...

Not very nice of you to be kicking her in the middle of the night like that...

lol... yeah you aren't the first person to accuse me of this. The next day she went to her PT and basically quoted Vito Corleone... "I want you to use all your powers, and all your skills....", but unfortunately all the taping, dry needling, etc. couldn't get her ready enough. Even at the expo, there were 3 KT tape people working on her with their different theories and what not. In the end, as she was limping out of expo, we convinced her that she needed to pull the plug. It was not an easy decision, but I'm sure it was the right one.

If anyone is still looking for Chicago Marathon gear Nike.com has put what’s left on sale on their website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!