Chicagoland Rollcall

cgcw said:
Another Northwest Suburbs checking! We own SSR & HHI.

We're also close to Woodfield but closer to the Flyers Stadium.

We are closer to Flyers Stadium to. We are around Irving Park and Park Blvd.
I put woodfield because I figured more people know were that is.

wltdsnyfan said:
We are closer to Flyers Stadium to. We are around Irving Park and Park Blvd.
I put woodfield because I figured more people know were that is.

It's truly is a Small World.....we're just down the road at Irving Park & Wise. Your not far from us at all.

There is another DVC'er who is also lives very close to us as well. I've sent her a PM, hoping she'll stop in and post here.

A meet would be fun. Woodfield would work for me.

disneymama73 said:
You're kidding, Mary! Are you still in the SW suburbs?

No, not any more. I'm up North now. Still get back to Oak Park once or twice a year. I used to live right near Rehm pool and have some great memories of growing up in Oak Park.

We lived on the north side near Lawrence & Sheridan when we bought at BWV & SSR, but have since moved to New Jersey, across the Hudson River from New York City.

Hope you pull a meet together! I've done several since I moved out here and it's always great putting faces with screen names!

disneymama73 said:
We own at VWL.

Grew up in Berwyn, now in Morris. Hi, neighbors! :wave2:

I should have noticed when Mary said she lived in Oak Park as we've talked about the area with her. My DH lived in Berwyn until about 6th grade. That was many moons ago, but he lived around 26th & Highland for the majority of that time.

ILuvDVC2 said:
We lived on the north side near Lawrence & Sheridan when we bought at BWV & SSR, but have since moved to New Jersey, across the Hudson River from New York City.

Hope you pull a meet together! I've done several since I moved out here and it's always great putting faces with screen names!

I live relatively close to there (well, closer than NJ), around Lincoln and Wilson.

cgcw said:
I should have noticed when Mary said she lived in Oak Park as we've talked about the area with her. My DH lived in Berwyn until about 6th grade. That was many moons ago, but he lived around 26th & Highland for the majority of that time.

Wow, we lived pretty close to each other! I was at 30th and East up until almost 4 yrs ago. My parents and grandma still live there.

WDWLVR said:
No, not any more. I'm up North now. Still get back to Oak Park once or twice a year. I used to live right near Rehm pool and have some great memories of growing up in Oak Park.

Downtown Oak Park sure has changed, hasn't it? I miss going to the Lake Theater.

cgcw said:
It's truly is a Small World.....we're just down the road at Irving Park & Wise. Your not far from us at all.

There is another DVC'er who is also lives very close to us as well. I've sent her a PM, hoping she'll stop in and post here.

We live in Hanover Park (near Army Trail and County Farm) and love watching the Flyers from time to time.

We own at BW.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

disneymama73 said:
Downtown Oak Park sure has changed, hasn't it? I miss going to the Lake Theater.

Definately. I lived through them making it a mall, then taking the mall part away. I miss the old Fields store and Wards. Oh and that little boutique that used to be across from the theatre. Oh such memories.

I noticed you said you were on East Avenue. I lived 1000 on Clarence. We used to visit Golden drug store all the time.

I definately think a Chicago DIS DVC meet would be fun!

WDWLVR said:
Definately. I lived through them making it a mall, then taking the mall part away. I miss the old Fields store and Wards. Oh and that little boutique that used to be across from the theatre. Oh such memories.

I noticed you said you were on East Avenue. I lived 1000 on Clarence. We used to visit Golden drug store all the time.

I definately think a Chicago DIS DVC meet would be fun!

OMGosh, yes! Golden Drug! Do you remember Blue Fountain restaurant along the tracks? How about Raikes (I think that's the way it was spelled)?

What would be a good meeting place for us SW suburban DVC'ers? I come up to Berwyn all the time, so I'm not opposed to coming up that way.

Live in NW Indiana but work in downtown Chicago.
Own at BWV and WVL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!