Chick-Fil-A at an NFL stadium

I know a lot of people who were NOT happy about the Braves moving to Cobb County. I don't know anyone who lives in Cobb though, so the stadium just got a lot further away and became a huge hassle for all the Braves fans I know.

Was anything really wrong with Turner Field and the Georgia Dome?

Or did the teams just want shiny new playpens?

Ate at a Chick-Fil-A once, it was the nastiest food I've ever had. Glad they are closed on Sundays. Wish they were closed on Mondays, Tuesdays, etc. Perhaps they make such a nice profit because their food is so poor?

LOL you would be in a huge minority on that opinion. They are packed every time I visit one here or while traveling. They are fast, clean and good food (for ff).

LOL you would be in a huge minority on that opinion. They are packed every time I visit one here or while traveling. They are fast, clean and good food (for ff).

I don't eat fast food as a rule (as I've never found it to be all that fast, and very rarely actually acceptable as food) but had heard their food was better. It wasn't. Maybe it's just not the same up here in the Northeast? There's rarely anyone at the one at our local mall. It's not as popular here, so perhaps not as well done. Couldn't finish the food, and I felt very sick afterwards.

I don't eat fast food as a rule (as I've never found it to be all that fast, and very rarely actually acceptable as food) but had heard their food was better. It wasn't. Maybe it's just not the same up here in the Northeast? There's rarely anyone at the one at our local mall. It's not as popular here, so perhaps not as well done. Couldn't finish the food, and I felt very sick afterwards.

Chick-fil-A uses a very different model for their restaurants than other FF business. They maintain a much higher level of corporate control, so I'd be shocked if your experience was drastically different than any other Chick-fil-A. If you didn't like it there, I doubt you'd find it any different in Atl.

Was anything really wrong with Turner Field and the Georgia Dome?

Or did the teams just want shiny new playpens?

No, there wasn't.
And IMHO, while Turner Field isn't in the best part of town, it's no worse than the areas I see around many major stadiums.

I've had it plenty of times in the north east as in the south east and have noticed no difference in the food or service. Maybe you had a unusual experience. The ones in Orlando that are close by have double drive thru lanes and often lined up around the building and at times out on the street. I don't eat fast food often just a few times each month but when I do it's there although I don't think it's healthier than other options. I have not seen any in Ontario and wish there was one there.

Chick-Fil-A doesn't need to be open on Sundays to be profitable. I think, it's quite nice to have Sunday off to spend with your family.

Besides, they have great food (only fast food I enjoy), their restaurants are ALWAYS clean, and they schedule enough employees (articulate and pleasant) per shift to provide amazing service. That long, long, line goes quite quickly. There are MANY reasons Chick-Fil-A is sooooo successful.

Chick-Fil-A doesn't need to be open on Sundays to be profitable. I think, it's quite nice to have Sunday off to spend with your family.

Besides, they have great food (only fast food I enjoy), their restaurants are ALWAYS clean, and they schedule enough employees (articulate and pleasant) per shift to provide amazing service. That long, long, line goes quite quickly. There are MANY reasons Chick-Fil-A is sooooo successful.
That's true. The line does move and they seem to have 25% more people scheduled than most places would have.

Could be the oil they use or the way they season their chicken. Not every food is for everyone. There is a Chinese place in town that is wildly popular and I get sick every time I have tried the food. Its not that their food is nasty, its just doesn't agree with me.

I'll be the first to admit their food is just "meh" to me. Rest of the family LOVES it. I find it no better or worse than most FF, but pricier.

That's true. The line does move and they seem to have 25% more people scheduled than most places would have.
I usually grab a market salad and/or fruit bowl. I really love their fruit..nice selection, and frequently order a small platter for the weekend.

Another fun Chick-fil-A fact -- you ever see the people outside in the cow costume waiving at cars? There is a good chance that the store manager is inside that cow costume ;) Chick-fil-A insists that their owner-managers take a very hands on approach.

I don't know about anyone else but I can say why everyone I know will choose Chick-Fil-A. One, the stores are immaculate. Never been in one that you could even tell they had just had a rush. Always clean. And two, the service is always the best. The order is always right. They don't mix up drinks, forget the sauces, give you a sandwich when you ordered nuggets, etc. They are always nice and always say thank you. And three they are always consistent.

The only other place I can say that about is Caine's who also sells chicken.

Here one is on one side of town the other on the other so depending on where we are as to which we go to. Both always packed.

I knew a place like that. Always immaculate. Order never messed up. Supremely polite to all customers. It was Your Black Muslim Bakery in Oakland, California. However, looks can be deceiving, at least with this place. You can look up what happened to the place on a search engine.

I knew a place like that. Always immaculate. Order never messed up. Supremely polite to all customers. It was Your Black Muslim Bakery in Oakland, California. However, looks can be deceiving, at least with this place. You can look up what happened to the place on a search engine.

I seriously doubt that's the deal with Chick-fil-a. Known several teens that worked there through high school. They treat their employees well too.

It really is what it appears to be.

At In n Out they always repeat your order 3 times before they hand it to you. They never got it wrong, until they did. I've been to a few CFAs. They wouldn't be my choice, I find the food just ok. Sometimes they have a nicer variety od salads than most fast food. We have a lot of chains in So Cal, they stepped into a busy landscape. Anyway, judging by the one down the block from where I work, it's never clean and my co-workers constantly complain that they get the order wrong. The one time I went there, they mixed up grilled and crispy chicken and handed me a cookie instead of fixing it. What? Remake the salad. The one closest to my house hasn't been clean the 2 times I was there either. I must have been there between shifts.

I loved their ginger cookies. Good memories overall, though.

At In n Out they always repeat your order 3 times before they hand it to you. They never got it wrong, until they did. I've been to a few CFAs. They wouldn't be my choice, I find the food just ok. Sometimes they have a nicer variety od salads than most fast food. We have a lot of chains in So Cal, they stepped into a busy landscape. Anyway, judging by the one down the block from where I work, it's never clean and my co-workers constantly complain that they get the order wrong. The one time I went there, they mixed up grilled and crispy chicken and handed me a cookie instead of fixing it. What? Remake the salad. The one closest to my house hasn't been clean the 2 times I was there either. I must have been there between shifts.

I loved their ginger cookies. Good memories overall, though.

Chick-Fil-A are almost all franchises, so of course the individual franchise owners will affect the quality of the service. I know they do have corporate quality standards and can theoretically pull a franchise for substandard operation.

As far as YBMB goes, my primary interaction with them was at the Oakland Coliseum where they had a small stand. They only had their fish sandwich, tofu burger, and cookies (typically oatmeal raisin). They typically had one young man (usually the same guy) working the counter and a woman (seemed to change) working the food. This young man was basically the public face of the company at the Coliseum. He always looked clean, wore a bow tie, and was exceedingly polite to everyone. I'd also been to their main location a few times which isn't exactly in the best part of Oakland.

The demise of that place was legendary though. Stranger than fiction.

I seriously doubt that's the deal with Chick-fil-a. Known several teens that worked there through high school. They treat their employees well too.

It really is what it appears to be.

Wasn't saying that CFA had any such issues. Just going off on a tangent.

I know a lot of CFA detractors don't like some of the ownership stands on certain social issues, but to a certain point I don't care.

Chick-Fil-A are almost all franchises, so of course the individual franchise owners will affect the quality of the service. I know they do have corporate quality standards and can theoretically pull a franchise for substandard operation.

They aren't the standard franchise model though. "Owners" don't get to choose their store or location, they are assigned. They go through a VERY lengthy process and have to put time in with the company before being considered. it's nothing like your typical franchise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter