Chief's Luau

Rhugsins

Earning My Ears
Has anyone done the Chief's Luau? We are going with Make a Wish and were originally told that the Luau wouldn't be covered so I booked the VIP at Aulani. They came back and said they thought they could get us in at the Chief's Luau. Part of me doesn't want to travel off property and likes the idea of no driving but the money saved could be a spa treatment for Mommy. :)
Thoughts and opinions on both are welcome!
Thanks!

We went to Chief's when we visited in September, and we loved it. We were in the Paradise section, right behind the VIP seats. We had great seats, food was abundant, and the hospitality was amazing. Never did I feel rushed or crowded. We were able to do all the activities, some multiple times. Only line that gets long is the tattoo line, so hop in that one first.

Chief's luau is not far from Aulani, and honestly worth the short drive to save some money, only a 7 minute drive. Parking is easy, and inexpensive ($5 or more, I cant remember). Traffic to and from Aulani to the Chief's luau is nonexistent, so you will get there easily. Arrive early so you get the closer seats to the stage, first come first serve.

Chief actually comes out and interacts a lot with the crowd, he was an amazing host. The experience truly made us feel like family. The luau was not cheesy, nor did it feel touristy. I'd go again when visiting Hawaii again.

You can also do the chiefs luau every Tuesday night at Marriotts Ko Olina beach club. It is a nice 15 minute walk to lagoon 4 or your can catch the resort shuttle and not have to walk or drive.

Chief's luau is not far from Aulani, and honestly worth the short drive to save some money, only a 7 minute drive. Parking is easy, and inexpensive ($5 or more, I cant remember). Traffic to and from Aulani to the Chief's luau is nonexistent, so you will get there easily. Arrive early so you get the closer seats to the stage, first come first serve.

Chief actually comes out and interacts a lot with the crowd, he was an amazing host. The experience truly made us feel like family. The luau was not cheesy, nor did it feel touristy. I'd go again when visiting Hawaii again.

I just realized it was moved to Wet and Wild not far from Aulani! Apparently it used to be at Sea Life Park which I wasn't thrilled about driving down to. I think we can make this one work and not have to spend a big chunk off property.

You can also do the chiefs luau every Tuesday night at Marriotts Ko Olina beach club. It is a nice 15 minute walk to lagoon 4 or your can catch the resort shuttle and not have to walk or drive.
That would be great! But Make a Wish is purchasing for us and they said it was Wednesday night so I imagine we have to drive there. I feel better about it knowing that it is well regarded and that its not an hour away! Once they confirm I am going to cancel our Aulani VIP Luau tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter