Child just turning 3

i know at a Disney a child under 3 is free, child over 3 is not. We have a child in our group who is turning 3 right around our trip. She is listed as an infant for our room reservation. Our room holds 5 plus an infant. We have 4 adults, a 4 year old and the "baby". So we aren't maxing out our room. but I also want to buy her tickets to the park - I don't want any issues if someone asks her age or whatever (even though it's slim). I don't want to have to worry about it.

Can I buy tickets and have them linked to her magic band even though she is under 3 in our room reservation? I am new to Disney vacation club. We have our reservations but no tickets yet. I know she will get a magic band with our room reservation. Not sure if I can still link ticktes to it even though she is an "infant"
Actually, you are maxing out your room. Unless you have a two bedroom villa or larger. The largest studio or one bedroom sleeps four plus one under the age of three or five plus one under the age of three. You have five plus one. It's maxed out.

Am I the only one with a three year old who loudly and proudly explains her age and exact birthdate to most people she meets?

Couldn't lie if I wanted to.. which I don't.. because, you know, morals ;)

LOL! My kids often loudly and proudly proclaimed their age. But it wasn't always the right age. Often times my daughter said her bothers age. Kids are weird. :-)

Hi ... have not really read the entire thread!

No suggestions regarding your original question, however, here's a suggestion to address the concern of whether or not a CM will inquire about the child's age at the gate.

When we went on our 1st Disneyland trip I was concerned that we would be questioned about my child's age because he was very tall for a 2 year old. For my own peace of mind, I brought a PHOTOCOPY (NOT original) of my child's birth certificate in case a CM questioned me about his age. Perhaps this tip will bring you peace of mind also? Good luck! :-)

Actually, you are maxing out your room. Unless you have a two bedroom villa or larger. The largest studio or one bedroom sleeps four plus one under the age of three or five plus one under the age of three. You have five plus one. It's maxed out.
Don't the studios with Murphy beds officially sleep 5?

Don't the studios with Murphy beds officially sleep 5?
That's what I said. Four plus one under three or five plus one under three. They have five plus one under three so it is maxed out if they have a studio.

That's what I said. Four plus one under three or five plus one under three. They have five plus one under three so it is maxed out if they have a studio.
Whoops. Somehow I read it that you were saying they were over occupancy. Sorry!

OP, I think you need to be consistent here. If your daughter is going as an infant in order to fit into your hotel room, she should be considered as an infant for every aspect of the trip. You don't need to buy a ticket for an infant, so don't buy a ticket in that case. If you think that this may be breaking a rule due to your supposed infant not actually qualiying as an infant, then simply buying the ticket won't fully cover you, as I understand it. Wouldn't you also need to book another hotel room?

Not sure of board etiquette here, since I havent been on the board in a loooong time, so forgive if bumping an old thread is bad form.

We had a problem with this today at HS. Kelly from Ft. Lauderdale at the gate asked our daughters age. We told her she turned three yesterday and showed her when we checked in. She told us we needed a ticket. We had to go to guest relations. They let us in without buying a ticket and apologized, but was frustrating to deal with. Especially when time in the morning is so important for wait times.

Not sure of board etiquette here, since I havent been on the board in a loooong time, so forgive if bumping an old thread is bad form.

We had a problem with this today at HS. Kelly from Ft. Lauderdale at the gate asked our daughters age. We told her she turned three yesterday and showed her when we checked in. She told us we needed a ticket. We had to go to guest relations. They let us in without buying a ticket and apologized, but was frustrating to deal with. Especially when time in the morning is so important for wait times.
As long as your child was still two when you arrived and checked in (not just when you booked your stay), she should not require a ticket for that trip. But next time you could start a new thread instead of resurrecting one from the dead.

Oh my. This thread is like 3 years old.

nm
I think the thread needs a ticket :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

In all seriousness. Maybe I've read these boards too much, but what you could have done was bring that up to guest services, that they tied you up for some pretty valuable park time first thing in the morning..... maybe they could slip you an anytime fast pass....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter