Child(ren)'s Favorite Book?

MommyMeNDisney

DIS Veteran
DS and I love story time. I started reading to him while in the womb. He loves books! I'm always looking to add to his library.

What's your child(ren)'s favorite book(s)?

DS LOVES "The Little Blue Truck"! I have it memorized. He loves the animated way I read it. As soon as I say, "Horn went beep. Engine purred. Friendliest sounds you ever heard." He starts smiling and kicking! :)

My sons favorite has been the little critter series for a long time. He also like Clifford and curious George. He's 7 and is starting beginning chapter books like fly guy and junie b jones...but he still likes to read picture books at bed time. Only now he likes to read a page, then I read a page, etc. where did my little boy go???

ETA when my son was your sons age he loved the digger man books...there's digger man, fire engine man, I think something like construction man? I don't remember...there's a few. His fave was digger man though!

Thank you for sharing. I'll have to look into the digger man series. :)

I second the Sandra Boyton books! I had to stop buying them because my obsession got a little ridiculous but they are incredibly cute stories.

We're also a MO Willems family and have found that the pigeon books are a hit with any age group.

I second the Sandra Boyton books! I had to stop buying them because my obsession got a little ridiculous but they are incredibly cute stories.

We're also a MO Willems family and have found that the pigeon books are a hit with any age group.

"Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus"?

When my son was little, his favorite book was "Dear Zoo". It's awesome! He's 5 now and we have started reading chapter books. He LOVED "The Indian in the Cupboard." We just started "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe."

When my son was little, his favorite book was "Dear Zoo". It's awesome! He's 5 now and we have started reading chapter books. He LOVED "The Indian in the Cupboard." We just started "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe."

Thank you. I'll have to check that [Dear Zoo] out next month. Each month I order him books. This month I ordered two Diggers books and a few Clifford books. :)

Last edited:
My sons favorite has been the little critter series for a long time. He also like Clifford and curious George. He's 7 and is starting beginning chapter books like fly guy and junie b jones...but he still likes to read picture books at bed time. Only now he likes to read a page, then I read a page, etc. where did my little boy go???

ETA when my son was your sons age he loved the digger man books...there's digger man, fire engine man, I think something like construction man? I don't remember...there's a few. His fave was digger man though!

I read DS "Where Do Diggers Sleep at Night?" today. I like it! I can see that becoming one of our favorites. :)

My son loved that too. He was obsessed with constriction work for awhile. He used to subject me to this awful, corny show straight out of the 90s called had hat harry. I think we found the DVD somewhere on clearance. It was cringe worthy at the time but now I kind of miss it. These days he's all about the ninja turtles.

DS isn't really into anything yet. He LOVES The Little Blue Truck though! Every single time I read it, he smiles with excitement. I think it's the animated way I read it. When I'm traveling and he's whiny because he misses me, my mom will call or FaceTime me and I'll read that to him while he turns the pages. I have it memorized. That usually satisfies his craving for mommy until I return from my trip (work).

I'll have to google hard hat Harry. Not to get DS stuck on it, but to see what it is. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!