Child Tickets

BeckWhy

<font color=FF99FF>The Tag Fairy prefers to remain
How does the ticketing process work now? Like, if I buy a child's ticket online, when I get to Disney can I have it changed to an adult ticket? Once when I went, we had a couple of child's tickets and my dad went to the ticket booth and they changed them to adults. Do they still do that?

if they are going to be over 10 when you go why not go ahead and buy adult tickets.

Originally posted by luvindisneyworld
if they are going to be over 10 when you go why not go ahead and buy adult tickets.

Originally posted by BeckWhy
Because child tickets are cheaper

I'm not sure what you're intentions are. Please correct me if I am getting this wrong because I wouldn't want to misunderstand.

Are you saying that you are planning to buy children's tickets online, take them to guest services, exchange them for adult tickets for no additional charge and then use them to admit someone over the age of 10?

Originally posted by BeckWhy
How does the ticketing process work now? Like, if I buy a child's ticket online, when I get to Disney can I have it changed to an adult ticket? Once when I went, we had a couple of child's tickets and my dad went to the ticket booth and they changed them to adults. Do they still do that?

Yes, they still do that .. but NO to what "i think" your intentions are.

For example....I purchase a childs 5 day park hopper for my daughter today who is 9 and she uses 3 days. We return to wdw when she is 10 and want to use the remaining days. Rather than sneaking her in with the child pass I can go to guest relations and have the pass upgraded to a adults pass at no additional charge. They will re- issue the pass with exactly the same number of days and plus options as the childs pass had left.

I have done this and will tell you that the child must be present at the time of the exchange and the dates must make sense. The CM could tell by scanning the PH when it was used and asked the child how old he was now and was very careful before exchanging the ticket.

So...... if you buy a childs park hopper today and try and exchange it next month for an adults - with no days used and no child present I doubt they will do anything for you - they shouldn't.

As of now WDW dosen't penalize a child for growing up - they make what I consider a generous exception for those 8 & 9 to use unused days in subsequent years. I hope that abuse of the system dosen't change this.

Make an informed decision before you decide to try this (not saying you are) since WDW park passes are not transferrable or refundable. Buying a couple of childs passes won't get you into the parks and you may end up having to buy the adult passes as well. !!

I do hope this helps....
TJ

tjmw2727...I am SO glad you said that in the manner you did.I would have said it in a MUCH worse way because that is a BIG pet peeve of mine...(dishonesty regarding the tickets)

You guys take things way to personally. It was a hypothetical question.

You have actually described my situation. I have 3 days left on my son's PH from our trip in November. He turned 10 in January and I assumed I would have to pay extra to turn his 3 tickets into adult. Whether or not they give me an even exchange, where do I go to take care of this transaction? Guest services? How about Guest Services at POFQ? I understand I would need to have his body in tow. Would an ID help? He just received his military dependent ID and I'm sure he'd really feel grown up if his first chance to use it would be to prove he is an adult (according to Disney).

mbethel,
The exchange has to take place at Guest Services at one of the parks. The child has to be with you. As far as having his ID with him, it would nice to take it along but probably not necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter