• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Childcare Centers

paulsimon

Earning My Ears
I have heard that the childcare centers at some of the resorts are great like the neverland club. The info that I have read says that it is for ages 4 - 12. Is that a hard and fast rule. My daughter is 3 (4 in October). We will be at Disney in August (just a couple of months shy of her 4th birthday). Can she go? She is used to this type of environment. We take her to a babysitting club locally where she is with many other kids of different ages.

I don't know if they'll relax the rules or not, but be aware that someone else has posted on the board their experience with a young child at Neverland Club. The child must be fully potty-trained and apparantly the staff will NOT help out in the bathroom if there's still an issue with the child cleaning themselves. The child should be totally independent in the potty (or have a big brother/sister willing to help them out!).

As a former childcare provider, I'm pretty sure they won't be lenient. Licenses depend on the ages of the kids, and the centers are probably on licensed for for children 4 years old and older. Each state is different, and I've never worked in Florida, but usually the rules concerning the ratio of kids to adults is based on the kids ages. Also, younger children aren't allowed to be in the room with children who are much older.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter