Children's waist (fanny) packs-help!

duck_adoo

Mouseketeer
Hi, I'm going bonkers trying to find fanny packs for our kids (5 1/2). Does anybody have any suggestions where I can find some? Do they make the kids fanny packs w/ the water bottle holders? I've tried the Target, Walmarts, Ames, Kids R US, Toys R Us, Disney online store, I'd really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks (again), these boards have been a great help in planning our trip!:p
Duck

They do sell them AT Disney. If you don't mind waiting until you get there, you can pick one up in your resort store or right at the parks on the first day. Not ideal since you probably want to have it before you go, but my nephew got a really nice canvas one with the 4 park logos on the front of it - so it was a souvenir as well as a help for carrying his stuff around.

Another thought - Lillian Vernon. I think the Lilly's Kids website would probably have something like that. Here is a link:

http://www.lillianvernon.com/Object...pbegin=0&show_all=t&path=/Kids/&Section_ID=10

Do the Disney kids packs actually fit a childs waist? My son is 8 1/2 and no kids fanny pack we have ever found actually fit him. We always have to tie a knot or two in the straps to get them small enough.

Erika

I have to tell you - I was in the same spot. Not only was it hard finding child's fanny packs, but even more difficult for a BOY (my son is 8 1/2 too.) I found some really girly ones, but forget that. Found toddler ones at Ames which hold water bottles, but the carrying room was very small and waistband too small for my older son.

So, here's what I did and it was perfect: I just got him an adult size. Of course it was too large in the waist. However, I can't really explain how I did it but I'm sure you can figure it out - I adjusted it as small as it would go and then somehow doubled the strap over even more and fastened it with a safety pin. I was doubtful, but the safety pin held up for all 8 days on a very active boy. I would recommend this above all because the adult-size fanny packs are more roomy than kids size and, as you know, easier to find.

I got the water bottle-carrying toddler-size fanny pack for my 5 year old (Ames, Fisher Price, $2.00) but the water bottle took up too much room, compromising space in the fanny pack itself and it fell apart 1/2 way through the trip. I just carried one big water bottle w/a strap and we shared - hey, we're family.

Good luck.

I bought adult size fanny packs...on sale :) ...and then brought them to the shoemaker to be adjusted. I think it was $4 each. (DD lost hers last year...left in the rental car...so I got her one for DL last month, and brought it to a taylor to adjust.)

It's true about kids fanny packs...some are way too colorful, and my 8 year old son wouldn't wear one. I got a nice, plain, black canvas one. Aslo true about the size...way too small compartment!

On our first trip, we had kids' small fanny packs with the water bottles, but we found there were times that it wasn't always necessary to have the fanny pack and/or the water bottles at the same time, and the kids found them annoying.

Also, that trip, I had to carry their autograph books in my backpack (since they didn't fit in their fanny packs); problem with that was if for some reason I wasn't with them when they and DH happened to run into a character, they didn't have them.

I make sure a fanny pack will hold an autograph book, a travel pack of tissues (which DS thinks is unnecessary...he HAS sleeves! :rolleyes: ), a few wipes packets, and a snack or two. Then we also carry Brita bottles with bottle straps.

Good luck! Believe me...finding great fanny packs has been a major mission of mine since our first trip in '97.

Hi,
I have seen them at Target........They are made by Coleman, and they have all kinds of different ones....The colors aren't bad either.....They are in the sporting goods, near the camping stuff.......Good Luck.......and have fun.........:bounce: :D

VERY nice stuff, Snow Wight! And I don't think the prices are bad. Thanks for the link for future reference.

I was in the same boat, not able to find anything decent for our 3 kids for our trip in September. Either big expensive adult packs or tiny cheapo kids ones. Seems like Fanny packs are not in style any more.

Anyway, I just came across a good deal on these packs at www.campmore.com. Search for fanny packs and you'll find several 'hot deals' on them. The cheapest is by Jansport, a pretty good name in day packs, and is only $9. It's a small adult pack that seems like it would be about the right size for a child, maybe with a little adjustment to the strap. I'll post back when ours arrive, and let people know how they work.

Hope this helps someone!
:bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter