• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Child's AP rate

lizzie64

<font color=purple>Clay is my man!<br><font color=
I just read in another post that someone used a child's AP to secure their AP rate. Is that true? I was going to buy an AP to maybe get a discount rate for my AKL stay, but If I only need to buy a child's rate that would be great!!!

Anyone know for sure?

I think only 1 person in your party needs an AP.

Anyone know for sure?

The CM may not ask to see your AP, (but if they do) the name on the reservation needs to be in the same name as the AP holder in order to recieve the discount. You need to be 18 or over to hold a reservation at any Disney hotel. If they do ask and it's in your child's name, you could possible be denied the discount. I personally feel more comfortable knowing I have an adult AP.

Absolutely! Last year we obtained the AP rate by using my daughter's child AP. We made certain before we booked the room that it was allowed. Oh, and the room was booked under her aunt's name, so even the last name was different! But DD WAS on the register for the room. And, yes, the CM asked to see the AP when we checked in. Not a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter