Child's birthday

amy1007

Mouseketeer
My wonderful daughter will be turning six while we are on our cruise. What arrangements can be made on board to celebrate her birthday? Is there a way to have a birthday cake at dinner? Can these arrangement be made once on board, or should all arrangment be made in advance? Thanks for your help...I have learned so much from this site!

Let your travel agent know who will be celebrating a birthday in your party. That way Disney will know in advance. On the birthday, just let your waiter know about the birthday girl and they will bring a cake and sing at dessert time. A daughter had it done for her mother on our cruise.

Hello. I was trying to go last year in May and we would have been on board for DD's bday. DCL asked if there were any special events happening and when I said a birthday, she noted it on our reservation. Probably would not hurt to call to let them know.

I have read that people also let their servers know and the BDay person gets a cake and a BD pin.

Hope this helps! :D

Yep, there will be singing, a very nice (and delicious) cake, and a special pin. Anniversaries are similar (cake and singing), but you get a Magical Memories button instead of the pin. I can't imagine a better way to spend a special occasion that on the ship!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Like everyone has said....

Tell whoever booked your reservation, TA or DCL or CC....
but also....

tell you servers and DR manager. DD had a cake, singing and
a lovely HB pin.

The Kids Clubs will also make them Star for the Day or something like that and sing HB to them. They also get to wear a special
hat or name tag or something so that everyone will know it's
their birthday.

I also had Shirley from THE PERFECT GIFT make up a special
"box" for dd and it was from Mickey and Minnie....so that's
another thing you can do.

Have a great time.
Phyllis

:cool:

I will second the recommendation for Shirley's work. I had her do a basket for hubby's birthday and it was ADORABLE! It had a Chiago Bears theme...I'll post it on my website when hubby uploads the pics. from our last cruise so you can get an idea of how nice her custom work is.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Last year when we went on our 1st Disney cruise, our son with us was going to turn 8 just 2 days after our cruise would end. Somehow, our waiter magically knew this and on the last night of the cruise he brougt him a nice BDay cake. That was a great surprize for all of us. I'm not sure if he over heard me and Mom talking about his birthday or what. My advise it just to let your server know about any special occations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter