Chinese Cole Slaw Recipe?

mskay

Mouseketeer
I had this at a party a few weeks ago, but wasn't able to get the recipe. I know it had lettuce and nuts but I don't know what else. Has anyone else ever heard of this and has the recipe? It's REALLY good!

Thanks,

MsKay

Never had chinese cole slaw - but I do love chinese food and asian flavors. Found these recipes and I hope one of them will help you out.

Chinese Cole Slaw Salad
1 med cabbage -- shredded
2 med carrot -- shredded
2 pkgs top ramen noodles, oriental or chicken -crumbled
4 tbsps almonds -- sliced
1/2 c cilantro -- chopped
4 tbsps sesame seeds -- toasted

DRESSING:
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp pepper
3 tbsps sugar
1/4 c salad oil
1/4 c vinegar
1/4 c sesame oil
1/2 tsp chili oil
1 tbsp hoisin sauce

Prepare salad dressing (one of the seasoning packets from the top ramen can be added for a variation). Chill. Mix salad ingredients and toss with the dressing just before serving so noodles don't soften.

Here's a slightly different variation:

Chinese Cole Slaw

Slaw:---
1/2 Head cabbage -- shredded
1/2 Cup chicken -- cooked and chopped
1 Bunch green onions -- chopped
1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1/2 Cup toasted almonds
1 Package Ramen Noodles -- crushed
1/2 Cup Celery -- Chopped

Dressing:--
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Teaspoon salt
1/2 Teaspoon pepper
3 Tablespoons vinegar
1/2 Cup salad oil

Dressing: Mix dressing ingredients in a small jar and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.

Salad: Layer cabbage, celery, green onions and chicken; set aside. Add toasted sesame seeds and toasted almonds and Ramen noodles just before adding dressing. Toss and serve immediately for best flavor and "crunch."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter