chocolate creme brulee

cooper

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have a recipe for the Chocolate Creme Brulee dessert served at Tony's Town Square? I have asked for it twice, from Tony's and never gotten it. I would love it if someone has it! Thanks.:confused:

I don't have the recipe from Tony's (but I'll be down there soon and will look into it!) I found a couple of other chocolate creme brulee recipes that I will include for you. I can't vouch for any of them. Let me know what you think.

Chocolate creme brulee with vanilla bean beignets

Pastry Chef Nicole Plue
Makes six servings

Ingredients
-for the custard
9 each egg yolks
1 oz. Sugar
3-3/4 cups Heavy cream
5-1/4 oz. Bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
pinch Salt

-for the beignets
1 oz. Fresh yeast
3 Tbls. Sugar
1/2 cup Warm water
1-1/2 tsp. Salt
1 cup Heavy cream
1 each Egg
3 cups All purpose flour
1/2 each Vanilla bean

Preparation
-for the custard
Combine the sugar and egg yolks and whisk together. Bring the cream, salt and vanilla to a boil and pour over the chocolate in a mixing bowl. Stir until melted. Slowly temper the chocolate/cream mixture into the eggs, whisking well to combine. When all of the chocolate/cream has been incorporated, strain through a fine strainer. Pour the custard into custard cups and bake in a water bath in a 300 º F. oven until the custard becomes set. Chill well.

-for the beignets
Combine the yeast with the sugar and warm water in a the mixing bowl and allow to activate. When the yeast has become active, split the vanilla bean and scrape the seeds into the bowl. Add the salt, cream, egg and flour and mix using a paddle for two minutes. Cover with saran wrap and proof until doubled in volume. When ready to fry, heat a pot of vegetable oil to 325 F. And scoop the batter in using a 1 tsp. Scoop or measuring spoon. Fry until golden brown, turning occasionally. Remove to an absorbent towel and drain well. Toss in granulated sugar.

-to serve
Sprinkle a fine layer of granulated sugar over the top of each custard and caramelized using a torch. Garnish with two beignets and serve.

I got that one here: http://www.hawthornelane.com/hawthornelane/recipes/chcbrule.html

Here's another one for you:

DARK CHOCOLATE CREME BRULEE

From the Enchantment Resort in Sedona, Arizona.

2 cups whipping cream
2 cups half and half
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
8 large egg yolks
1/3 cup plus 8 tablespoons sugar

Preheat oven to 300°F. Bring cream and half and half to boil in heavy large saucepan. Reduce heat to low. Add chocolate and whisk until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Whisk yolks and 1/3 cup sugar in large bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in hot chocolate mixture. Strain.

Divide custard among eight 3/4-cup custard cups. Place cups in large baking pan. Add enough hot water to pan to come halfway up sides of cups. Bake until custards are set, about 50 minutes. Remove from water; chill 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Preheat broiler. Sprinkle each custard with 1 tablespoon sugar. Broil until sugar turns golden, watching closely to avoid burning, about 3 minutes. Refrigerate until custards are set, 1 to 2 hours.

I using the Kitchen torch, hold the torch about 2" from the top and move slowly back and forth until the sugar carmelizes.

Serves 8.

I got that one here: http://www.jwpitt.com/recipes/ChocolateCremeBrulee.htm

Thanks for the recipes; I will try them. And if you do get the recipe at Tony's let me know! I tried in December, and my husband was there last week and asked again; no luck! Thanks. Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter