chocolate slippers, dog bones, ect ?

jenfur

DIS Veteran
I have only heard about desserts like this on the DIS, is there anywhere you can see a list of what kind of special desserts like this are offered?

Can anyone tell me if the slipper can be delivered to a room? I have a birthday for my Mom and DH on this trip and would like to do something for them. I had the birthday cake in the room for DH last time, but for $45, the cake and balloons were just okay- not really worth it except it looked cute.

Also, how many dog bones per order? Can they be delivered?

Any other ideas on what to get in-room for birthdays? We are at he All-Stars this year.

I believe that the slipper is only available at the Grand Floridian.

I'm not sure about the dog bones.

You might be able to arrange for a carry out (to be picked up) but I'm not sure.

Good Luck!!

:wave:
when i orderd my glass slipper and dog bones i was told that i can't have them to take away so i made a ps for the grand floridian cafe ::yes::
i'm not sure about the cake though:D

eve::MinnieMo

The dog bones and slipper are only at the GF. They also do a small wedding looking cake at the GF bakery which some people are saying you can pick up at the GF lobby and take with you. Call the GF bakery directly and see what they can do for you.

i called grand floridian yesterday to get info and order and i was told to all my resort.....CR. so i am really confused, i had to leave a message with the pastry chef....have not heard back yet.
i will post when i find out what is up.....
btw, i asked about the castle cakes and chocolate mickey and he told me i had to all CR - i mentioned that i was told that GF was the only palce to get and he said that was incorrect...

edit:

called CR directly,(private dining) spoke a extremly friendly man, and got the low down...chocolate mickey w/ 6 strawberrys $45.
also various sizes of cakes and cookies and chocolates. my mouth is watering.
he mentioned a mickey mouse cake that sounds like it would be very cute :)

Tina

Just thought I'd share...

This trip, I'm staying at BWV and then CR and I just got off the phone with BWV private dining (I think). I ordered the Choc Mickey with Choc covered strawberries for $40 as a surprise for my sister and niece's first trip! It will be delivered to our room around 4:00p tomorrow.

I am going again in October and will eat dinner at the GF and will then arrange for the special desserts (the slipper, or the mini cake) to have afer dinner at 1900 Park Fair! I can't wait!

Surprising DD who will turn 5 with a birthday trip to Disney having her dinner at 1900 Park Fare with Cinderella I don't know what to order her. Any suggestions. I want something beside just a cupcake have 2 other kids too. Not sure she'd appreciate the slipper dessert at that age. Anyone have a cake from there what it's like?

While at the Poly a few weeks ago, I had concierge set up sending three of them to our room. They arrived just before the fireworks. I think the total came to $28.50. It was no problem for them to do.

PolyConFan-

We are staying at the Poly GVC in November. Can you tell me what you had concierge send up? I am looking for some special surprises for my boys.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter