Chocolate Syrup Cake

SonjaB

<font color=teal>Mrs. SonjaB, if you please, who i
Another childhood favorite, totally decadent. :)

1 c. sugar
1/2 c. margarine
4 eggs
dash of salt
1 (1 lb) can Hershey's chocolate syrup
1 tsp. baking powder
1 c. flour
1 tsp vanilla

Cream margarine & sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Add syrup, flour, baking powder, & salt. Add vanilla. Bake in two large or three small round pans, well greased and floured for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool completely, then frost.

Frosting:

1/2 c. margarine
1/3 c. white Karo syrup
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/3 c. cocoa
1 or 2 Tbsp. milk
1 (1 lb) box confectioner's sugar

Beat all ingredients until smooth.

I rarely make cakes, but this one looks good! It reminds me of Funny Cake. Mmmm

(For those of you not familiar with this PA Dutch delicacy, it's essentially chocolate syrup in a pie crust with white cake on top. )

Sonja...that sounds wonderful!! I just made a cake today, but my next one will definitely be this!! :)

Thanks for posting!

Is it any wonder that I can't go on a diet? You people are always tempting me!

I grew up on Hershey syrup-- now I can make it part of a meal. Thanks Sonja. :D

Piratesmate, I had that once...you inspired me to find a recipe...so I found it at allrecipes.com

Here it is... :D

Funny Cakes

3 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Directions
1 Combine 1 cup sugar, cocoa, water, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat to the boiling point, but do not boil. Set aside.
2 In a large bowl, cream together 1 1/2 cup sugar and butter. Beat in eggs. Stir in milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; mix into the creamed mixture. Divide batter into the pastry shells. Pour 1/3 of the cocoa mixture on top of the cake batter in each pastry shell.
3 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 35 minutes, or till cake is done.

Sonjerella...this cake sounds extremely decadent...can't wait to try it...thanks for the recipe!!! :):):)

Robin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter