choices for october visit

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
As of today, this is what is available in a studio for the Sat.-Tues. trip we are planning. I can't book it until tomorrow:
BLT lake view (1st choice)
OKW (not near HH)
SSR
VWL
Jambo savannah view (DH didn't like AKV Kidani last time)

Since it is such a short trip and the main point is to see DD in the CP (and we don't know where she will be working) I thought BLT would work since we could walk to MK and catch a bus if she is working at a resort. Plus, I think we are going to do MNSSHP since we never have. But what should the second choice be if that first day disappears tonight and I have to waitlist BLT? What would be best to book then--VWL since it's less isolated than SSR and OKW?
Thanks
Daisyx3

As of today, this is what is available in a studio for the Sat.-Tues. trip we are planning. I can't book it until tomorrow: BLT lake view (1st choice) OKW (not near HH) SSR VWL Jambo savannah view (DH didn't like AKV Kidani last time) Since it is such a short trip and the main point is to see DD in the CP (and we don't know where she will be working) I thought BLT would work since we could walk to MK and catch a bus if she is working at a resort. Plus, I think we are going to do MNSSHP since we never have. But what should the second choice be if that first day disappears tonight and I have to waitlist BLT? What would be best to book then--VWL since it's less isolated than SSR and OKW? Thanks Daisyx3

Agree

BLT 1st
VWL 2nd

Be aware that you are likely still at a high risk of not getting BLT or VWL and possibly AKL Jambo. What ioften happens in these high demand periods, when you go in and see the days befire you want booked at that time of year at 7 months out but not the next day or ones after, is that the number of rooms still available for that first day you want is very low and possibly just one, and at 8 tomorrow it could disappear to the first person whose computer is able to communicate with Disney's at 8 a.m. In fact, it could disappear to a resort owner owner even tonight. If you can get it, BLT is your choice if the issue is being able to get a bus to any resort since you can walk to MK and catch one. There really is not a good second choice on your list for that purpose as the others will result in the need to go first to another park and then to the other resort if using Disney transportation must be used. Nevertheless, if there is a chance you DD could end up at an MK resort then VWL would likely be a second choice.

I was surprised that even for relatively large OKW, all but the week you're looking at have very limited availability. I hope you're planning to get on the phone, or better yet, on-line (that begins an hour earlier) first thing tomorrow. We learned that the hard way-one year I almost forgot for a couple hours, so I ended up on the waiting list for several months.

Oh yes, online first thing. If BLT is gone I will waitlist it and book whatever else. My DD is in quick service food, so BLT is best for MK, Epcot, or any resort posting. We could just do busses if she gets AK or DHS.
I can waitlist and book elsewhere online, right? Never wait listed before.
Daisyx3

Got it! Right at 8 am. Three nights at BLT lake view. Going to call later to add even numbered room and higher floor requests. Two trips in The pipeline, I can''t believe it!
Daisyx3

Congrats, and to demonstrate how important it was for doing it at 8 a.m.for a near park resort this time of year if it is open, both BLT studios and VWL studios had disappeared for Oct 25 by 8:30 eastern on March 25 (today), when I checked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter