Choose a campsite

Eileen Kemp

Earning My Ears
We'll be camping at Fort Wilderness in December and would like a specific loop and/or site. Is it possible to request a certain site? Also can someone tell me what types of campsites are in the specific loops?

new-map-jpg.315552

You can request a certain loop, and probably site also. Be aware most likely you will not get the site request, and the loop request is not guaranteed either. Our last 3 trips we have gotten our requested loop once. Others I know seem to almost always get the requested loop. Depends on how other campers trips align around yours.

new-map-jpg.315552

You can request a certain loop, and probably site also. Be aware most likely you will not get the site request, and the loop request is not guaranteed either. Our last 3 trips we have gotten our requested loop once. Others I know seem to almost always get the requested loop. Depends on how other campers trips align around yours.

Thank you so much for the info and the map! How did you request your site? Did you call them? I tried and the woman told me I couldn't until the week of Thanksgiving.

You can request a loop anytime after you have made reservations by calling. The CM will make a note on your reservations. However, it is suggested that you call about 3 days before your arrival date and request the loop once again. As PaHunter stated, your request is not guaranteed.

we call a couple weeks ahead and make the request, we have been lucky enough to get "our" loop the past 8 trips

We got our full hookup loop and had a choice between the cabin loop we wanted and the one across the road from it. Luckily we got the FH site # we wanted but not the cabin.

Others I know seem to almost always get the requested loop. Depends on how other campers trips align around yours.

I read that a lot, too. Like people that go the same time every year and get the loop they want every single year, and lots of times, the same site! I don't know how they manage to get that lucky.

We have only gotten our request once. I always fax in a request a week before we go. Maybe I'll call instead of fax for our next trip. Not that I even know what I want since I've never stayed on a full hook up loop....lol. I suppose I'll have to figure that out first.

I read that a lot, too. Like people that go the same time every year and get the loop they want every single year, and lots of times, the same site! I don't know how they manage to get that lucky.

We have only gotten our request once. I always fax in a request a week before we go. Maybe I'll call instead of fax for our next trip. Not that I even know what I want since I've never stayed on a full hook up loop....lol. I suppose I'll have to figure that out first.

Our next trip, maybe we can get our request. But in the end, we are at Disney and I really don't care where my trailer sits.

Our next trip, maybe we can get our request. But in the end, we are at Disney and I really don't care where my trailer sits.

That's been my attitude about it. It's not like we spend that much time at the site anyway. I've never asked to be moved and never been uncomfortable with any site. It would still be nice to reserve specific site, though, like the state park system.

It still baffles me why people are so obsessed about requests. We visit three or four times a year and have never, ever made a pre-request. Can someone pleases explain the reaoning behind this?
We make our preferences known at check-in (away from bus stops, inside of loop, wide site, ....) Only once have we asked for a change after viewing our site. We have always been politely accommodated, but we make our requests to be flexible, not rigid. I guess we are just Happy Campers! FWIW.
I do know some regulars who seem to be rooted to the same spot year after year - sometimes for seasonal display reasons, sometimes for puzzling reasons.

It still baffles me why people are so obsessed about requests. We visit three or four times a year and have never, ever made a pre-request. Can someone pleases explain the reaoning behind this?

For FW, I usually do not make a request other than maybe picking "near transportation" on the preset requests when I do online check in. These are usually the types of requests I pick if I do any for other resorts. I only make more specific requests when I am traveling with my special needs sister at a resort to make things easier for her. Even then, it is a general request such as my last request at POFQ where I request they place us in building 2 or 5. I felt my sister could navigate from those rooms on her own over the other 5 buildings available.

You are lucky not to have any specific needs. We are not "rigid," we just have two disabled adult sons. One is a T7 paraplegic and the other has brain injuries. We camp in a pop up, and while it has a bathroom, our wheelchair bound son cannot access it. He and his wife stay in a tent when they come. In his case, it's nice to be near a bathroom with handicapped shower so he doesn't have to wheel half way around the loop.

In the case of our other son, he has a TBI, one titanium leg, and PTSD. He could literally get lost if he couldn't see the our campsite from the comfort station. This son also has a much more difficult time on loop 2000, due to noise and so many people. It's much easier for him to relax on loop 1500, where it is small and usually quiet.

For our next trip, we have moved to a full hook up site, which I hope makes things easier, but still not ideal to shower in a pop up. I will have to do some research before making a request since we have never stayed on full hook up sites before. It's not easy to strike a balance between "near a comfort station" and "quiet." Only some sites on 1500 offer both. I hope I can find some full hook up ones that do as well.

Both of our sons were injured as adults, so we haven't had a lifetime to adapt to their needs. It's trial and error with just about everything.

Last edited:
In regards to those replies above - My comments were directed at those who are expecting a specific site, in a specific loop - see the
OP.
It is very reasonable to make requests that will best suit your specific needs (snd very presumptious of FortForever to assume that I am not impacted by any of those). I clearly stated that I do make specific requests, but have flexibility built into those.

(snd very presumptious of FortForever to assume that I am not impacted by any of those). I clearly stated that I do make specific requests, but have flexibility built into those.

No more presumptuous than you assuming people making requests are "rigid." Obviously, everyone has to be flexible when going to the Fort since nothing can be guaranteed site-wise. This is not a special trait specific to you. Putting your flexible self on ignore now, so don't bother responding, at least to me.

I would strongly suggest we get back to helping the OP now.

We normally don't request a specific site because that narrows down our choices. We do ask to be near a canal each visit. Your camper size may also fit on some sites over others. 1900 sites sometimes have drop offs very near the concrete pad. This is tough if you have a wheel chair.

We may request loops, but not specific sites, like 800 loop, 900 loop or 700 loop in that order, don't care which loop we get in, it's still Disney. Only request (other than loops)we have for our July trip is sites close together for us and DS.

I would strongly suggest we get back to helping the OP now.

We normally don't request a specific site because that narrows down our choices. We do ask to be near a canal each visit. Your camper size may also fit on some sites over others. 1900 sites sometimes have drop offs very near the concrete pad. This is tough if you have a wheel chair.

I have never been to the Fort. We are going for the first time in June. May I ask why you ask to be near a canal? So no one is behind you? What Loops are the canals on?
We have a 38 foot camper with 4 slides so we are a bit nervous how our camper will fit on a site but also too.. We are going with 2 other family members and we want to camp next to each other.

I have never been to the Fort. We are going for the first time in June. May I ask why you ask to be near a canal? So no one is behind you? What Loops are the canals on?
We have a 38 foot camper with 4 slides so we are a bit nervous how our camper will fit on a site but also too.. We are going with 2 other family members and we want to camp next to each other.

Interesting about the canal. I mentioned that we only requested to be moved from an assiged site once, and that was one that backed up so close to the canal, our back end actually hung out over it a bit. It was just a bit too close for comfort! You can see the canals in the maps above. Some sites are very close, others not so much.

As far as camping with another family - there is a place on your registration to note that.

If you want to be next to each other, you need to have your reservations linked together. 38 feet and only 4 slides, will be fine. Our 5th wheel is 43ft with 6 slides.

Husband loves to fish and there tends to be deer near the canals. The not having someone behind you is a bonus. Once you pick what level site you want, partial, full, preferred or premium look on the map to find a canal near those loops and request them. You may or may not get exactly what you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter