Choose a campsite

Can I piggy back on this thread with questions?

We will be at FW in 3 weeks for our first trip in a preferred site.
Is loop 100, 200 or 300 any better than the other one? Anyone have a preference?

If I do decide to call and request a loop, is there a special number or just call reservations in general?

Lmans,

I love the Preferred loops. 100 is my personal favorite. It is closest to the Settlement and the marina. There is a walkway off the back corner of the loop that goes directly to the trading post and marina. Loop 200 isn't much farther, but not as close as 100. 300 loop feels distant to me. It is far enough from the Settlement that it has it's own bus stop, shared with the 500 loop across the street. I prefer to be close enough to the dock that I don't need to jump on an internal bus. No need to feel like I want a golf cart that way. When I still fit in the Preferred loops (pre 42 ft 5er) I always ended in 100 or 200. To stack the deck against the 300 loop, I would request a non-pet loop. 300 used to be the Preferred "pet loop", but now all loops can be a pet loop, so that doesn't work.

j

Lmans77,

I agree with Teamubr.

Being that 300 is the closest Preferred loop to the dog park, I would think it gets more requests from pet owners although as he says, all loops can have pets. I'm a fan of 100 for the same reasons.

We just call the general reservation number a few weeks before arrival and ask that our requested loop be noted on our reservation. It always has been whether it was granted or not, at least they said they saw it as we checked in.

Bama Ed

Can I piggy back on this thread with questions?

We will be at FW in 3 weeks for our first trip in a preferred site.
Is loop 100, 200 or 300 any better than the other one? Anyone have a preference?

If I do decide to call and request a loop, is there a special number or just call reservations in general?

I will 'third' what @Teamubr and @bama_ed said above. We've always requested 100 and almost every trip have gotten it or a couple times 200.
We arrive in morning and seems that has given us a better chance. We don't pre register, just remind them at check in of our request.

We also like that we can catch any color internal bus to/from Outpost. We just recently had #114 - have been more than once in that site. Even with walkway there, it seems secluded enough for us.

If you have a dog 300, if not 200. Less foot traffic and I find it quieter than 100.

I will 'third' what @Teamubr and @bama_ed said above. We've always requested 100 and almost every trip have gotten it or a couple times 200.
We arrive in morning and seems that has given us a better chance. We don't pre register, just remind them at check in of our request.

We also like that we can catch any color internal bus to/from Outpost. We just recently had #114 - have been more than once in that site. Even with walkway there, it seems secluded enough for us.

You know, NoM, I think I saw your RV in 114 when I was there last month in mid-April. I've stayed in 116 before on the other side of the walkway.

Anyway, what I remember (if that was your rig) was that you and Robert had a Mickey globe light outside by the RV door and it had a light bulb that was automatically changing color every couple seconds. I noticed because A) I have never stayed in 114 but want to and B) it was twilight and the bulb threw off a lot of light as it changed colors (very bright).

So not to derail this thread but do you have a Mickey globe light with a bulb that changes color? :rolleyes:

Bama Ed

We are hoping for 100 or 200 loop since it's close to the marina. We decided not to get a golf cart and IdI rather not have to deal.with internal busses to get to the park.if we can avoid it. We'd walk it if it weren't for the August weather

Yes, @bama_ed, that would have been us! (April 11-20). Which one was your site #? Didn't know you were there then!! Usually will notice A-Liners as I've always liked them! :)

We also had color changing Mickey head projections on side of MH. Our DS made the Mickey light for my b'day last year and then recently gave us the projector. He, wife and kiddos are also Mickey crazy, and were there a couple months ago (sans kids, in college now) in their mh.

We love that location, have also stayed in #116 which is great also.

Now that you mention it, Joy, I remember the floating Micky heads because I have two of the same projection lights that I bought at Lowe's at their "After Christmas" sale this past year. They ARE pretty cool...

I was not staying at the Fort but over at Caribbean Beach Resort on a 50% CastMember discount because DD was working for Disney this past spring. We came over one night to the Fort and walked up the sidewalk by your site on April 14 in the evening. See our April trip report starting at post #48:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/april-2018-is-the-best-time-for-disney-trip-report.3663711/page-3

I barely got into the Fort on short notice on our March 2018 trip (could only get a Tent site on short notice) but wanted to do a WDW hotel trip for April (it had been nearly 25 years since). Bottom line is I missed staying at the Fort. CBR was nice but it wasn't the Fort.

Keep posting and I hope our paths cross again soon.

Ed

Now that you mention it, Joy, I remember the floating Micky heads because I have two of the same projection lights that I bought at Lowe's at their "After Christmas" sale this past year. They ARE pretty cool...

I was not staying at the Fort but over at Caribbean Beach Resort on a 50% CastMember discount because DD was working for Disney this past spring. We came over one night to the Fort and walked up the sidewalk by your site on April 14 in the evening. See our April trip report starting at post #48:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/april-2018-is-the-best-time-for-disney-trip-report.3663711/page-3

I barely got into the Fort on short notice on our March 2018 trip (could only get a Tent site on short notice) but wanted to do a WDW hotel trip for April (it had been nearly 25 years since). Bottom line is I missed staying at the Fort. CBR was nice but it wasn't the Fort.

Keep posting and I hope our paths cross again soon.

Ed

:thumbsup2

Guess those of us that enjoy the 100 loop so we can hear the 'sounds' (boat whistles, electrical parade, train whistle, etc.) and enjoy the ambiance of the Settlement area, better enjoy them, as before long we may not be able to 'hear/see' any of it - just normal 'hotel/people' noises/sights!! :sad2:

Last edited:
We are hoping for 100 or 200 loop since it's close to the marina. We decided not to get a golf cart and IdI rather not have to deal.with internal busses to get to the park.if we can avoid it. We'd walk it if it weren't for the August weather

The only park you can get to from the Marina is MK. You can also do a really long multiple stop Epcot route. But for all the other parks you will have to use the internal buses, since the buses to the parks leave from the other end of the Fort.

Thanks I do realize that. We are also looking at watching the Electric Water Parade. We will be driving to the other parks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter