Choosing a Verandah Stateroom

We really enjoy an aft veranda cabin. That is what we have booked for our upcoming trip. The larger veranda is really nice, and the views of castaway key are great. Most of them have room for the smaller loungers. We eat room service breakfast on the veranda every morning.

I don't know what the heck we had on the Fantasy but it was a teeny tiny aft verenda - not even room for table and chairs - had a very small bench positioned sideways. On top of that it was a Disney Vacation Club Member Cruise so it was extra $$ and then the noise/vibration.... Normally we love a verenda and do spend a good amount of time on it.

I don't know what the heck we had on the Fantasy but it was a teeny tiny aft verenda - not even room for table and chairs - had a very small bench positioned sideways. On top of that it was a Disney Vacation Club Member Cruise so it was extra $$ and then the noise/vibration.... Normally we love a verenda and do spend a good amount of time on it.
Ah yes! Isn't that on deck 5? Those are the weirdest rooms.

We were in Disney Dream 8004 forward. It was a great room, no noise, minimal vibration and very spacious. It was pretty nice because it was very close to the adult only section of the pool and could get most places without an elevator.
Then that might be another good area to try. I like decks 7-8 for those reasons. I can get most places without much issue. I do find that most things I like to do end up being at the back of the ship. This includes the lounges, cabanas, Palo, Animators, kids club programming. So that usually works best for us.

Since you like to make use of the adult areas, remaining forward is a good choice. I would look at the deck plans and see where the Laundry room is on those floors. I wouldn't really want a room too close to those areas just because of the increased noise and foot traffic. I also like areas forward of the forward elevator and aft of the aft elevator.

We had a ton of vibration and rocking when we were all the way forward on deck 7 on the Dream that woke me up a lot in the night. We just stayed on deck 6 midship and there was zero movement or vibration, which I really appreciated. We talked to some folks who were staying aft and they were up all night with vibration (and we felt a LOT when we walked aft as well, even higher up when getting drinks at the Meridian bar on deck 12 aft). I liked the lower deck because of the convenience to the theater and main dining rooms, but if you are big pool people a higher deck would be nice. I will always sail midship from now on though to avoid the vibration and ship movement.

Starboard side is the way to go for Castaway Cay.....I was on Portside and well there wasnt much to see other than other folks boarding back on.....As for Nassau Portside was great for about an hour or so until another cruise ship docked in the open spot. Nassau has 5 ship docks an over the summer it they basically will always be filled

Starboard side is the way to go for Castaway Cay.....I was on Portside and well there wasnt much to see other than other folks boarding back on.....As for Nassau Portside was great for about an hour or so until another cruise ship docked in the open spot. Nassau has 5 ship docks an over the summer it they basically will always be filled

Thanks - we finally decided upon a date and room type...I'll let you all know what I end up with soon :)

Calling to use the placeholder to book today!

We just got off the Fantasy western Caribbean and stayed deck 9 aft - large verandah straight out the back. It was an awesome view and we went out there often times in the morning and when we were getting ready for dinner!! The larger lounging chairs were great to star gaze! This was only our second cruise - we did mid ship with the Wonder last year with a small verandah and used it less because it was small. Just booked Alaska with no verandah.

We were very worried about the vibrations on the Fantasy that we had heard about and they did not keep us awake at all. Worse was when something shifted and then rattled against something (two glasses next to each other or hangers in closet without anything hanging on them). Not sure if different itineraries would have different vibrations or not.

We just got off the Fantasy western Caribbean and stayed deck 9 aft - large verandah straight out the back. It was an awesome view and we went out there often times in the morning and when we were getting ready for dinner!! The larger lounging chairs were great to star gaze! This was only our second cruise - we did mid ship with the Wonder last year with a small verandah and used it less because it was small. Just booked Alaska with no verandah.

We were very worried about the vibrations on the Fantasy that we had heard about and they did not keep us awake at all. Worse was when something shifted and then rattled against something (two glasses next to each other or hangers in closet without anything hanging on them). Not sure if different itineraries would have different vibrations or not.

Thanks so much for your input! I can totally understand the hangers! We had that on the Dream in our Forward room on deck 8...ended up shoving them all to one side and putting a sweater around them to keep them quiet!

Hi all - we ended up booking cabin 8026 on the Dream - Verandah (05B). Unfortunately, there were no connecting rooms left on the starboard side, so that didn't work for our party. We stayed forward on Deck 8 in August and I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to it!

Also - booking using a placeholder had to be the EASIEST thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter