Choosing the Right DLR Area Hotel for You

We are looking for September/October 2019 and there aren’t many that have released dates yet. I would say this is the case rather than being sold out.

I think for many this is true, but I saw Best Western PPI available for other dates in December 2019 and then become unavailable, and also saw Camelot go from available on two different sets of dates in December 2019 to not available on either. So could be something else going on, but it looks like they are selling out.

I think for many this is true, but I saw Best Western PPI available for other dates in December 2019 and then become unavailable, and also saw Camelot go from available on two different sets of dates in December 2019 to not available on either. So could be something else going on, but it looks like they are selling out.
I ran a few dates for Dec 19 at BWPPI and found every room type available for every date I entered. What are your dates?

I can't even get December 2019 to show up on the Best Western website calendar. It stops at September 2019. What site are you using?

https://parkplaceinnandminisuites.com/ I just checked again, and I can see Dec 2019

Sorry guys-I am talking about using disney for booking. I was able to book camelot through disney for dec 2019 and now it's gone. Before we nailed down our dates BWPPI through disney was also available, and now isn't. We want to use disney to book the package. I know there are still rooms available directly with the hotel, but I have seen even those start to book out in December.

Sorry guys-I am talking about using disney for booking. I was able to book camelot through disney for dec 2019 and now it's gone. Before we nailed down our dates BWPPI through disney was also available, and now isn't. We want to use disney to book the package. I know there are still rooms available directly with the hotel, but I have seen even those start to book out in December.
What is your reasoning for booking a package through Disney?

What is your reasoning for booking a package through Disney?

Many reasons. To lock in ticket prices, lock in hotel prices, to be able to pay slowly over time, and able to cancel 30days out with no penalty. Plus hoping to transfer rsvp to costco when costco opens up their calendar.

oh! and also maybe having a disney package may give us some advantage for Star Wars Galaxy Edge stuff. I have two reservations, one with Camelot and one with DL hotel. Covering all the bases.

Many reasons. To lock in ticket prices, lock in hotel prices, to be able to pay slowly over time, and able to cancel 30days out with no penalty. Plus hoping to transfer rsvp to costco when costco opens up their calendar.
You can lock in ticket prices by buying now.

You can cancel the hotel just a few days before your trip if needed.

I think you’ll pay more buying through Disney.

To prepay you can set aside some money in a separate bank account. Or purchase a visa gift card that you keep adding to.

You can lock in ticket prices by buying now.

You can cancel the hotel just a few days before your trip if needed.

I think you’ll pay more buying through Disney.

To prepay you can set aside some money in a separate bank account. Or purchase a visa gift card that you keep adding to.

Thanks smartlabel, you missed the "to be able to pay slowly over time" part of my post. I could buy tickets now, but that is a lot of money for a trip I am not certain we are going on.

I also priced out the trip separately and found booking through disney to be only a hair more expensive, so go figure. I also hope to move reservation to costco which will way more than make up for the bit of difference in price in dining vouchers etc. This isn't my first time at the rodeo:rolleyes1

Iam looking for a two bedroom cheap, I have the BestWestern Pavillions Plus booked right now for December 2019 we always stay at either the Hilton or Desert inn and always walk. Does anyone have experience at this place in there family suite. It is $400.00 cheaper for the week compared to DIS. Opinons Please.

Lots of good information here.

We’re planning a trip, probably not till April 2020. Candy Cane Inn has been highly recommended and Tropicana. We want someplace that we can walk from(like 10-15 minutes). I haven’t really looked at a lot of hotels, we don’t spend much time at the hotel, but prefer the location to be fairly close, unless the hotel has a shuttle?

Lots of good information here.

We’re planning a trip, probably not till April 2020. Candy Cane Inn has been highly recommended and Tropicana. We want someplace that we can walk from(like 10-15 minutes). I haven’t really looked at a lot of hotels, we don’t spend much time at the hotel, but prefer the location to be fairly close, unless the hotel has a shuttle?
CCI is the only option that is reasonable walking distance and has a shuttle. Further, of the few hotel shuttles out there, CCI is the only one to my knowledge that runs every 30 minutes rather than every 60.

As the OP states, CCI is an Option 2 hotel which means it is of moderate quality. To say that it is "highly recommended" is a bit of overstatement I would say. If you want Option 2, it is one of the best options in Option 2 so it is highly recommended from that point of view. Tropicana is closer to the DLR gates and a fine choice.

:wizard:

Last edited:
CCI is the only option that is reasonable walking distance and has a shuttle. Further, of the few hotel shuttles out there, CCI is the only one to my knowledge that runs every 30 minutes rather than every 60.

As the OP states, CCI is an Option 2 hotel which means it is of moderate quality. To say that it is "highly recommended" is a bit of overstatement I would day. If you want Option 2, it is one of the best options in Option 2 so it is highly recommended from that point of view. Tropicana is closer to the DLR gates and a fine choice.

When I say that Candy Cane Inn is Highly Recommended to me, IT IS by a friend of mine who stays there when he visits DL.

When I say that Candy Cane Inn is Highly Recommended to me, IT IS by a friend of mine who stays there when he visits DL.
Cool. I thought you were referring to this forum where it is true it is frequently recommended for those in the Option 2 category. That your friend highly recommends CCI seems to point in the direction that your friend is an Option 2 person.

Costco is already booking through the end of 2019/ I booked for a trip beginning 11/12/19 at the beginning of November 2018.

Edit- Sorry, just realized I responded to an older post, but I don't know how to delete my post

We recently booked the Anaheim Hotel, but I am reconsidering after reading some of the comments on this board. Can anyone tell me how far the walk is to the parks?

We have been staying at the Grand Legacy. The music on the roof bar is kind of annoying, but we are so tired it doesn't matter. Walk is easy. Denny's and Tony's there. And under 200 a night. Premier rooms have a nicer bathroom area and better AC unit. The up front rooms have a really loud old wall unit AC, and there was dust on it. But it was the cheapest option of all the across the street hotels. Parking is kind of annoying there when you arrive on Friday night. I have heard good things of the Desert Inn too, especially if it's just a bed to sleep in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter