Christmas 2017

Just an FYI, I recently got the Note 8 myself and it is pretty narrow. Definitely go and hold one before you purchase it.

Yeah, that's my fear. I think they are around the same width, but the Note 8 is longer. I upgraded from a Note 4 (haha!) so I got used to the larger keyboard. I just have dumb fingers. :D

Yeah, that's my fear. I think they are around the same width, but the Note 8 is longer. I upgraded from a Note 4 (haha!) so I got used to the larger keyboard. I just have dumb fingers. :D

I just upgraded to it from the Note 5, so I completely understand! I had a case on my 5 and it felt like it was twice as wide as the Note 8.

I'm looking for some help...

Tonight my mom mentioned that she was interested in wireless speakers for Christmas. She has a full stereo system (receiver, turntable, CD player, tape deck) that is currently wired to mammoth speakers, which she wants to get rid of. I poked around on-line and it seems like there might be a gadget to use wireless speakers with her system, but it's completely beyond my experience. My mom is NOT tech-savvy at all so I'm going to be the one responsible to setting up anything that I buy. Has anyone done anything similar?

Follow-up question - What is a "good deal" on wireless speakers? Any recommendations? Do's or don'ts?

If your mom already has a system, you would need to see if it has the proper connection type to allow you to set up wireless speakers. You still have to connect the system to the wireless speakers. If it is an older system, it probably does not. It needs to have "pre out" jacks. Keep in my you still need to plug a wireless speaker into an outlet to get power. Keeping a wired speaker will sound better. Depending on your budget will determine which ones.

I think it was on this thread people were discussing the best time to buy TV's each year. I can tell you that we have found it is Black Friday. We have a custom a/v and automation co and even we get our best pricing around BF. Ours is dealer pricing of course, but we always get the trend the same as the consumer. Ours is just lower and about a week sooner. Ours our generaaly more expensive models but last yr when i got one for my sister, she just wanted a cheap one for an extra bedroom, I ordered it online from BB on Blk Fri(again at their member early sale a couple days ahead of BF) and then had it shipped to her.

I just bought each of sons a night sky poster. I got it from My Sky Moment and groupon, 2 was $52. We spend a lot of time with telescopes in the backyard so i think this will be a hit.

Had planned on the xbox one x for my DS19, but he decided to hand over the $500 so he could have it today. So now I am back to coming up with something else . I have a feeling whatever it is will be less money, so that is good.

I'm making a little progress with the kids -

DS14 - wants Steam gift cards and the parts to build a gaming computer. Also put a large nerf gun and a lego set on layaway for him. DH will have to buy the computer parts, that's his area of expertise so I'm letting him worry about that.

Both of my sons bought parts and built their own gaming computers from Microcenter, if you need a helpful and reasonable place to look

Made a great score today at Old Navy. I had $35 in rewards cash, there is a pajama sale + 30% off. I bought a pair of jammie pants and matching top for older DD and a tee each for my two youngest to go with the jammie pants I already bought them. Selected everyday free shipping and my total was $5.28 AND $20 Supercash! I MADE MONEY! HAHA!

My kids love watching these videos too! My DH and I do not get it. We're all like " when I was your age, WE actually played with our toys!". Oh well.

Yes! Over the weekend DD6 and I found a plethora of 1980s Toy commercials on YouTube. We had a blast watching them with Dh talking about what toys we had, and she would shout out everytime she saw one that was still at Grandma's house and if it still worked or not. What a difference compared to the toys on Nick/Cartoon Network.

Thanks for the leads on Promopure and the flashlights! You all always have the best ideas or give me new ideas!!!

I bought a stocking stuffer for dd11. Body creams and lotions are on sale for $3.95 today at Bath and Body Works. She loves that stuff. Has anyone found any good deals this weekend?

I'm looking for a nice watch for my ds but all the ones I've seen are junk. I especially want one that is easy to set and does not have an alarm.

I'm so jealous of all the great deals you guys find! I'm sorely lacking in the bargain-finding gene.

Has anyone figured out what the cheapest way to purchase Nintendo Switch and games will be? I don't know if there will be any sales on the Switch itself but maybe on the games?

Keep up the good work, everyone; I am envious!

I’ve been making a dent on my shopping list. Perfumes never go on sale, but they do come out with gift sets for the holidays. Bought my mom a perfume gift set which Macy’s gave me $20 Macy’s cash. I also bought my nephew Levi’s again never cheap and they also gave me $10 is Macy’s cash. Will be buying my sister clothes from there as she likes the Mason Jules brand and will make a dent into my 20+ people list.

I'm so jealous of all the great deals you guys find! I'm sorely lacking in the bargain-finding gene.

Has anyone figured out what the cheapest way to purchase Nintendo Switch and games will be? I don't know if there will be any sales on the Switch itself but maybe on the games?

Keep up the good work, everyone; I am envious!

Best Buy will have a lot of Switch games for 19.99 on Black Friday. I'm hoping they are available online too, since I do not want to face the crowds on BF.

Got my godson's last two gifts recently. Was able to use the 25% off Target code once by me and once by DH, and used a 20% coupon from Toys R Us for his last thing. Going to mail his and his sister's gifts this weekend (plus gifts for his January birthday).

Also got my son's Sankt Nikolaus gifts bought (finger puppets) and bought new stockings at the dollar store for our cats. The holidays are really starting to come together over here!

Got my godson's last two gifts recently. Was able to use the 25% off Target code once by me and once by DH, and used a 20% coupon from Toys R Us for his last thing. Going to mail his and his sister's gifts this weekend (plus gifts for his January birthday).

Also got my son's Sankt Nikolaus gifts bought (finger puppets) and bought new stockings at the dollar store for our cats. The holidays are really starting to come together over here!

Can I ask where you found the 20% off coupon for Toys R Us? I have been looking - only they have an item on my DGD's wish list.
Thank you!

Has anyone seen a coupon for American Girl? I feel like in years past one has come in the catalog, but the last catalog we received was in Oct and there wasn't anything. Am I remembering wrong?

I got my niece a Vera Bradley backpack for a combined bday/christmas present on Sat. New prints were 25% off plus Vera was part of the 11% ebates so I feel like that was worth it. I was hoping there would have been a free gift if you spend $100 deal so I could justify a new purse from the sale section, but I will continue to wait on that.

I did a disney store order with the 25% off deal but ended up paying shipping because there really weren't any other items I needed. I wish they would lower the free shipping limit to $50. I would be more likely to order from them. I did have enough disney visa rewards to cover the cost.

I feel like early November was better last year, but maybe it has to do with what you are looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter