Christmas 2020

TammyLynn33

DIS Veteran
Is anyone looking at going next Christmas ? Or has given Christmas past or this year ?
When did you book hotels ? Air ?
When did you get the best deals ?
Thanks so much

We're still deciding when and what exactly but we will be going around Holiday time 2020. We're thinking maybe a joint Disneyland & WDW trip but still figuring out the logistics. And weather we want to go mid November (just before american thanksgiving) or beginning of December (just after american thanksgiving).

You may want to wait until free dining comes out if that interests you, since they have had dates very near to Christmas included; so thank usually is released April but this year it was released in January. There is currently a Canadian ticket discount deal, save 20% on 4+ day tickets, so another option would be to buy those discounted tickets and then combine that with a room only discount which come and go fairly frequently. We're looking into taking advantage of those tickets and renting DVC points, but that's a whole different story.

As for air, it gets tricky the closer to the holiday you get but I would look at google flights, sky scanner, hopper and/or kayak to compare prices on flights, that way you can see all airlines and all flights in the same place, and you can "watch" the flights and get notified when the price goes up or down, and they will tell you when they suggest you buy, weather the suspect the price is going to up or down between then and your fly out date.

Is anyone looking at going next Christmas ? Or has given Christmas past or this year ?
When did you book hotels ? Air ?
When did you get the best deals ?
Thanks so much
You're a planner!:worship: I'm just trying to get through Thanksgiving at this point then I'll think about this Christmas.:santa:

If you want best availability on flights book those once your dates open up. (depends on which airline you choose). If you know you're definitely going book your hotel (room only to start) as soon as you book your flights. I say Room only because it is the easiest of reservations to change and gives you flexibility with tickets and dining.

I don't think you'll find a lot of deals on the flights as that is prime travel season. Deals on the rooms just keep an eye on the Disney site and book a better deal if it comes out then cancel your original room only reservation.

Room wise I’m ok .. as I bought dvc over the Easter trip .. not that said Xmas is twice as much as next August points wise ( but the heat ) and I think I want a special Xmas
The thing is dvc I need to book at 11 months which is Jan so I need to research now and decide soon . I’d love to go October-Ish but princess will be in grade 9 and big kid away maybe at college university who knows ..
Gets so much harder when they get older
You’re right I shouldn’t even think about this until I get back form USA thanksgiving trip in dec this year tho
But planning may be more fun than going

Room wise I’m ok .. as I bought dvc over the Easter trip .. not that said Xmas is twice as much as next August points wise ( but the heat ) and I think I want a special Xmas
The thing is dvc I need to book at 11 months which is Jan so I need to research now and decide soon . I’d love to go October-Ish but princess will be in grade 9 and big kid away maybe at college university who knows ..
Gets so much harder when they get older
You’re right I shouldn’t even think about this until I get back form USA thanksgiving trip in dec this year tho
But planning may be more fun than going
Welcome Home. and to the club. Which resort? There is a grreat dvc forum on here as well, pop over some time. I split my time between here and there

We went Xmas 2017, NYE last year, and will be there for Xmas & NYE this year. I have found that flights tend to be cheapest at that time of year as soon as they open up. They will often go up in price from there. Crazy busy at that time of year, but so awesome to be at Disney on Xmas day, and NYE fireworks are insane.

Thank you . Bought into Riviera yes total whim purchase still learning lots ..
The rest of the forums scare me at times I prefer to stick here with my fellow Canadians ha ha

Welcome Home. and to the club. Which resort? There is a grreat dvc forum on here as well, pop over some time. I split my time between here and there

Thanks deedubb
When do you usually find they open up ? What airline do you usually fly ?

We went Xmas 2017, NYE last year, and will be there for Xmas & NYE this year. I have found that flights tend to be cheapest at that time of year as soon as they open up. They will often go up in price from there. Crazy busy at that time of year, but so awesome to be at Disney on Xmas day, and NYE fireworks are insane.

Thanks deedubb
When do you usually find they open up ? What airline do you usually fly ?

During the winter, we fly Westjet. The only problem with Westjet though (and maybe other airlines), is that when booking so early, they are bound to change your schedule when it gets closer and they change to their winter schedule. Sometimes it's minor, such as moving the time by 15 mins. Sometimes, it's major, such as getting rid of a direct flight and automatically booking you on another flight with a layover.

I believe flights usually open up about 11 months or so in advance.

Have Northern Europe cruise booked for summer 2020 but may have to change the trip to Christmas 2020 at WDW (Dec. 19 to 28). Following this thread for tips on visiting during the holiday seasons. How is the crowd? Flights and onsite hotels must be very expensive for that period.

Mom and I are going for Christmas in 2020. We have booked our resorts already and we're planning dining, despite the fact that we don't make our dining reservations until June.

We are in the process of planning a 2021 ”Xmas” trip, the week after Thanksgiving. We are right now trying to figure out the resort we are going to stay at, so when the dates become available, we can jump on the. This will be our first (and maybe last) trip to stay on property, because it is SOOOO much cheaper to rent a “vacation house”...and more kids in our future.

We are already getting excited. We love vacations in early December because of Christmas decorations, wheather it’s Disney, San Antonio, Gatlinburg, Chicago, or NYC. ...but WDW will be GREAT!!! With the MK Disney Party, the Candle Light Precession, Christmas Around the World, and the resort and park decorations.

Would you go early Dec 2020 or wait until July 2021 for the opening of tron and guardians?

We have never been at Christmas and it could be our last trip for a while.

We usually go at Christmas, arriving the last day available for Free Dining so that we get it though Christmas week into the New Year. If you don‘t mind staying at Coronado Springs Resort (we love it!) it‘s pretty easy to find standard rooms available with Free Dining, even a month after it’s been announced. Although you have to upgrade to Park Hopper to get the FD, for us it represents a significant savings as a family of four with two teens. It’s the busiest week of the year but the decorations are incredible and if you plan for some resort time during your trip it can truly feel relaxing. We sort of think of each day in thirds, so one third of the day is to be at the resort relaxing and two thirds of the day for the parks. That keeps everyone happy since the parks really can be super crowded. I book our flights in late October, when I usually find the price drops.

Has anyone done the Biergarten dinner package for the Candlelight Processional?

We did Biergarten lunch package a couple of years ago. It was worth it to get seating for the show, but the food was terrible. Salt:food ratio was about 2:1 on everything.

My mother just confirmed she’s in for the first week of December! So it will be my mom, DD, maybe my dad and myself. If he decides not to go, then we are going to ask my aunt who has never been!

I’m going to book our resort next weekend. The exchange is dropping right now as my cards are lower. Just wondering if I should put more against the reservation than the deposit...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!