Christmas and Easter

spm23

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Has anyone had any problems ever getting the above dates in their home resort.

2 days left to join and final questions like these will make my mind up as my wife works in a school and we are restricted on when we can go.

Many Thanks

Hi Simon.
I booked for Dec 20-25th about 4 weeks ago so it's possible to get rooms at less than 6 months. That was at OKW ( my home resort), although I know that was the only DVC hotel that had all the dates I wanted. It does seem that pretty regularly OKW is the resort left with room, I think much of that is due to it being the biggest ( at the moment ) of the DVC resorts. IMHO as long as you book 6-7 months in advance and are flexible in which hotel you take then you're not going to have too many problems. If you want a specific resort then you're going to need to book a little earlier. I think it likely that you'll know before the 7 month window that you're going to be going and as your dates will be pretty certain there is nothing to stop you booking the dates before you book your flights. Worse case scenario may be that you have to book a night or two in a different hotel ( maybe one of Universals if you visit that park) at the begining or end of your holiday. As long as you change the dates or cancel any days more than 6 weeks ahead of the booking ( and I'm certain you'll have done flights before then) you won't have to put the points into a "reserve account" where their use does have some limitations.

When you know you're planning to go on/around a specific date, IMHO you have nothing to lose by booking your rooms on the 11 month window and sorting your flights out at a later time.

I booked for Easter 2004 at 11 months and had no problem at all getting availability in my Home Resort (VWL). Next week is the 7 month window and I'm going to try to switch to booking to OKW, so I'll let you know how I get on!
When you know you're planning to go on/around a specific date, IMHO you have nothing to lose by booking your rooms on the 11 month window and sorting your flights out at a later time.
If I was restricted to travelling in school holidays, I certainly wouldn't want to delay booking flights! We've had trouble finding flights for Easter, Christmas and October half term dates waaaaaaay ahead of time, and I always make sure I've got those booked up before securing accommodation bookings. Maybe I'm over-cautious, but I figure I can always pick up accommodation somewhere in Orlando as long as I know I can get out there to start with! Just my way of doing it ;)

Thanks, I think we are 99 % convinced now, and I tried Virgin the other day about Xmas 2004 and they have little availability and its only on Fly Drive, so it did concern me a little.

I did notice that BA have some flights this year though not fully sold yet.

I have just come back after flying with Virgin and they did seem a good firm to travel with. I know others are cheaper and through Expedia, can save several £k but they involve going via Amsterdam etc.

Looks like I will be a fully paid up member of Saratoga Springs in a few days time.

Again, Thanks for everyones replies to my last few days posts.

DH and I are going over the Christmas day period, we booked right at the 11 month window but I did hear of people getting rooms up to a couple of months later with no problems :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Hilary said
If I was restricted to travelling in school holidays, I certainly wouldn't want to delay booking flights! We've had trouble finding flights for Easter, Christmas and October half term dates waaaaaaay ahead of time, and I always make sure I've got those booked up before securing accommodation bookings
The only point I was making is that if you're not able to commit 100% to flights, you can still book the accomodation and alter/cancel it at a later date. If you book flights you usually have to pay a deposit it least and are committed to paying money over. To alter/cancel accommodation costs nothing (as long as you cancel more than a month before arrival) and IMHO you've got nothing to lose by making a provisional booking if you're not able to book your flights due to any uncertainties over exact dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter