Christmas at Saratoga Springs

EricaLovesMickey

Mouseketeer
We are headed for the World in December. Last year was our first trip at Christmas time and we loved it! We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge.
This year we couldn't get ressies at the lodge and we're staying instead at the SSR. I'm very sad about not being at the lodge but am keeping an open mind. We've stayed at SSR before, just not at Christmas time. So....What I'm wanting is some positive words from someone who has been there in Dec. and could tell me about the decorations.
:earsgirl:

We spent one night in December at SSR before our GG. We shared the SSR Christmas tree, so that gave our villa it's special touch. Can you sign up for that?

We had guests visit us, and we all enjoyed the short walk to DTD where we listened to local groups sing and entertain us with holiday selections. When the singers weren't entertaining, I think that the music from the Candlelight Processional was piped into the area.

There was a pointsettia tree in the outside common area of SSR. We had a lovely time, and I'm sure you'll have a good time there as well.

Bobbi :flower:

I agree with Bobby!

We checked into SSR last year the day after Christmas, after spending 10 nights at VWL.

It was festive, and it was great being so close to DTD because they were not lacking decorations of any kind! All the windows were decorated, special holiday lighting, etc. We spent lots of time there, as the parks were so crowded.

Will you be there for NYE? Don't miss the PI fireworks. They were awesome last year and we enjoyed them right from our Congress Park Patio. We could also see the Epcot Fireworks from Congress Park.

They had a NYE party at the quiet pool and passed out hats and noisemakers.

Can't wait to see ''home'' decorated for the Christmas season! :banana:

:banana: Thank you encouraging words about SSR. I am really excited to be there. I'm glad to hear that it's really beautiful at Christmas. It sounds like we should take advantage of the proximity to DTD. We really didn't last spring when we went.

I thiought it was very nice at Christmas. They had quite a few trees in the lobby. Nice music and pointsetta trees all around. Very nice and classy. You know Disney, they know how to do it right. Have fun!

We were at SSR during the week before Christmas last year. Almost every morning and/or evening had chorale or musical groups performing in the guest registration area. We were given a list of performances at time of check-in. There are also special chorale and musical performances at DTD during December.

Oh, yay!!!! :cheer2: That was my favorite part about WL. I loved hearing the different groups. Now I think I can take my name off the waitlist for VWL. Thank you!

Erica

Anyone have any pictures of SSR decorated for the holidays? I know there are probably a lot of people that would love :love: to see them! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter