Christmas at Seaworld

pigletgirl

Mama to 4 Disney loving kids!
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure how much traffic this will receive, but I can't find any information on Sea World at Christmas time. I've seen from past years they have a Christmas celebration. Is it a separate ticketed event? I assume its family friendly. We'll be traveling with our girls who will be 5.5, 2.5, and 5 months at the time of travel.

We just booked Dine w Santa at Shamu stadium for 12/22- SW for the holidays is amazing ! Its a separate ticket event - not sure if I can post a link but if you google - seaworld Christmas Orlando, you can get a ton of info

Christmas at SeaWorld is included with admission (only separate cost is the Christmas dining). The shows are amazing! And it definitely is one of my favorite events at SeaWorld (just an FYI in case you didn't know- the event is Fri-Sun only until the last couple of weeks in Dec)

Christmas at SeaWorld is included with admission (only separate cost is the Christmas dining). The shows are amazing! And it definitely is one of my favorite events at SeaWorld (just an FYI in case you didn't know- the event is Fri-Sun only until the last couple of weeks in Dec)

Hope I didn't confuse the OP - should have specified that the dinner was a separate ticket event - not the rest of the holiday festivities

They also usually have an option to add on guaranteed seating for the shows. You have to follow the assigned schedule, you don't get to choose the order you want. Ours was O Wondrous Night, Clyde & Seamore, Winter Wonderland on Ice and ending with Shamu. I can't remember the price, but we don't usually do those things and we didn't think the cost was unreasonable, so we did it. We might have also had an AP discount (my Dad has an AP).

They also usually have an option to add on guaranteed seating for the shows. You have to follow the assigned schedule, you don't get to choose the order you want. Ours was O Wondrous Night, Clyde & Seamore, Winter Wonderland on Ice and ending with Shamu. I can't remember the price, but we don't usually do those things and we didn't think the cost was unreasonable, so we did it. We might have also had an AP discount (my Dad has an AP).

Yep- this year was winter wonderland on ice - booked the dinner with the upgrade for reserved seating_ love that show !

We don’t have kids but whenever we visit Disney during the holiday season we always spend a day at SW. Besides the regular attractions we love the special holiday shows at night. We pay extra for the holiday show seating package to guarantee a spot as the shows are popular and you do not feel as rushed trying to get to the shows plus there is a special reserved section for those that purchased the package. Near the front of the park is a Christmas Tree and you can take pictures with Shamu in front of it. Other than that I believe the festivities begin at 5 pm. There is a Christmas village of food and gifts and snow falls at certain parts of it at certain times among other things and a few years ago they had Rudolph and friends to take pictures with.

Last edited:

We don’t have kids but whenever we visit Disney during the holiday season we always spend a day at SW. Besides the regular attractions we love the special holiday shows at night. We pay extra for the holiday show seating package to guarantee a spot as the shows are popular and you do not feel as rushed trying to get to the shows plus there is a special reserved section for those that purchased the package. Near the front of the park is a Christmas Tree and you can take pictures with Shamu in front of it. Other than that I believe the festivities begin at 5 pm. There is a Christmas village of food and gifts and snow falls at certain parts of it at certain times among other things and a few years ago they had Rudolph and friends to take pictures with.
Do you think it would be beneficial to book that with those with children?

It costs about 15 per person to do the reserved seating for the shows. I think it is completely worth it.We also spent about $20 for FOL pass for our family to meet Rudolph, Clarisse, Bumble and Yukon Cornelius. We only have one day and got free entry with our Discovery Cove tickets, so didn’t feel bad for spending a little for extras here. The extras are so much more reasonable than Disney’s.

Go to the calendar on the Sea World site and it will tell you showtimes. Pick a day after Thanksgiving, that is when the Christmas shows start.
Priority seating can be bought for the top Christmas show attractions.

Go to the calendar on the Sea World site and it will tell you showtimes. Pick a day after Thanksgiving, that is when the Christmas shows start.
Priority seating can be bought for the top Christmas show attractions.

Christmas season starts Nov 17 this year

They don't appear to have released the showtimes but they did release the priority seating for holiday shows and the day we were going (Friday 12/7) doesn't offer it which I assume means they won't be having the Christmas shows that day... poop... The priority seating looks like it is $30 per person this year. Hopefully they will do some sort of Black Friday special.

They don't appear to have released the showtimes but they did release the priority seating for holiday shows and the day we were going (Friday 12/7) doesn't offer it which I assume means they won't be having the Christmas shows that day... poop... The priority seating looks like it is $30 per person this year. Hopefully they will do some sort of Black Friday special.

Agree about the pricing ! We booked the Christmas w santa w priority seating to winter wonderland on ice - but $30 pp for the priority seating ?!

Agree about the pricing ! We booked the Christmas w santa w priority seating to winter wonderland on ice - but $30 pp for the priority seating ?!
It is interesting, they have the Christmas shows on Friday, November 30th, but no reserved seating. The dates only go up to Dec 2nd as of today.

It is interesting, they have the Christmas shows on Friday, November 30th, but no reserved seating. The dates only go up to Dec 2nd as of today.
So maybe I'll give it another week before assuming they aren't doing the Christmas shows on 12/7...

So maybe I'll give it another week before assuming they aren't doing the Christmas shows on 12/7...

Considering it's a 9pm close, they should be doing the Christmas shows. In fact, in the 3 years I've gone during the Christmas season, it has always been on Fridays

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!